This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: questions for mr sol
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 07:44:59 pm »
I think your comments are fair Lj Thorpe and I do agree that what you suggest would be ideal Philip.

However I do have to point out, again, that I did post a topic restriceted to the benefits of using an electric reel. I never claimed an invention. My post was about  what I see as a sea change in our working method. I am very much looking forward to others posting on the benefits thread once they've given it a go themselves.If it's rubbish they can say so, if not then perhaps my colourful exposition drew them in and it's just possible you are wrong Mr Thorpe.

As i have mentioned previously I do have another method of doing this, and have also used a rudimentary hose guide. However the sheer simplicity of the drill, and the excellence of the job it does, makes this rather academic.

Yes it's a bit pompous of me to call myself a pioneer, to talk about my signature hot system and electic reel devices, to say I wear a red sash and look like a general, but... My on demand hot system costs £300 total, runs on £1 a day and is totally reliable with a CE mark; The Electric hose works and is the simplest method available.Say what you like about feeling let down, but the botom line is my systems work.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:49:39 pm »
I was using the smallest battery powered rechargeable screwdriver with a socket fitted for tightening/loosening the worm gear clamps on my Tucker pole (before they invented the pennel clamps), rather than using the tool specifically for the Tucker pole to make my life easier. Similar idea to your electric hosereel, same principal, except that was 5 years ago.
No offence Mr Solubility, but how you've been going on about your electric hosereel, I was expecting a top, notch idea from you. I'm a bit disappointed really.
There are proper 12volt electric hosereels on the market that have been tried, tested and work with less fiddling about and are more suited for a window cleaners needs. The negative side of these electric hosereels is obviously the high price.

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 07:53:51 pm »
Alez's grandad was using one for leveling his caravan thirty years ago.

Does it work?

That's all that matters.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 08:03:13 pm »
My other method isn't an invention either, I'm simply using something from another application.And it may turn out it doesn't work. The drill does work and it's simple, most will already own one and simply need a deep socket and a socket driver.

I'm convinced that using a powered reel is a big benefit to many WFP users. I hope I've helped move people towards this.[/b

Didn't you say you'd got arithritus Wayne, forget who thought of it first, try it, then come back and thank me.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 08:53:31 pm »
Yes I do suffer from arthritus and it's because of that, that I wouldn't use an electric drill to reel in a hosereel. It's the sudden jerk reaction when a drill stops turning and my hands take the jerk of the drill which aggravates my joints. It's not how much strain I can put on my joints but the sudden difference between no strain and full strain as the drill twists suddenly.
Nice idea but not practical for me I'm afraid. I would need to use an electric hosereel that is fully automatic, i..e. belt driven, geared ratio cogs, etc. To be honest, I'm happy using a large Ionics hosereel and don't feel I need to spend £600 on an all singing, dancing hosereel.
Mr Solubility, keep up the ideas though, because everybody benefits if everybody tries to improve their working tools and methods using fresh ideas. Progress never stands still.