This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Upgrading X-tel CF 45' to 60'. Possible?
« on: March 09, 2008, 03:03:57 pm »
I'm just wondering if this is possible. I would like to get a pole for commercial work, Modular SL2 would be good, but after Dave's comments on them, I was thinking that telescopic would be the way to go for me, also keeping in mind the type of commercial buildings around where I live. A modular wouldn't be the most practical pole.

To the point.

A 60' CF Xtel might be a bit too much for me, and also I don't really need to get that high, but I would like to have the flexibility to upgrade to a 60'. Now I am wondering if I could upgrade the 45 footer with some sections, to get to 60'.

I know that that is the ideal thing with the SL2, is that you can just buy more sections.

Does anyone know if this is possible. (Or to a greater extent, all X-tel poles?)

Alex Gardiner

Re: Upgrading X-tel CF 45' to 60'. Possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:34:49 pm »
The X-Tel range of poles are very easy to add extra sections to.  You remove an end cap, dismantle the clamp, pop the first clamp ring on the pole, wrap a piece of the tape stop around the section, slide the new sections on, assemble the clamp and you've upgraded your pole.  Having said that, if you were planning on upgrading a 45ft to a 60ft it would not be possible as all of the 60ft pole sections are considerably longer than the sections on the 45ft.  Both of these poles have 9 sections and on average the 60ft pole sections are about a foot and a half longer.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:47:05 pm »
I see, thank you for explaining.

I'll keep all of that in mind, and have a good look at the SL2 again before I do anything. Thanks Alex.

Just on a side note, what would be the options to upgrade a 17' X-tel, looking at the pictures, it seems like the 21' is different then the 24', section wise, looks like I couldn't upgrade it to the 21' would I? Base section looks longer, can't put my finger on it.

Do you stock any sections for customers? Or do you really just stock the poles, and nothing else?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 07:59:57 pm »
You've got the same problem upgrading the 17 to the 21ft. Both poles use 4 sections but the 21ft sections are all longer.  You can however upgrade from a 21ft to a 24ft as these use the same section lengths.  Generally, we keep all sections in stock.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 08:01:34 pm »
Ah I thought so.

Thanks a lot Alex, I'll be getting an SL-X, but it's always good to have a backup pole, or for a second operator.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:19:30 pm »
GQC

How about buying a 60 ft , and removing the sections you dont need until you need them ?

Dave

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 08:26:52 pm »
GQC

How about buying a 60 ft , and removing the sections you dont need until you need them ?

Dave

Oh yes ofcourse, that is an option aswell. D'oh haha.

Thanks Dave

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 08:29:15 pm »
It is an option.  However, you would be stuck with the very long sections for all your work (2.4 metres).

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 08:41:38 pm »
You can never win, there seems to be a compromise with all poles.

Myself personally carry a 20 ft , 30ft, 40 ft, 60ft and an home made modular which is pants, so will be buying a modular from Alex sometime soon, maybe before my tax year end.

Used to have a small stubby pole for downstairs but always borrowed bits from it for repairs, i must say the Facelift stubby looks very good.

Dave