Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Web site change
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 06:36:01 am »
Simon,
Dust mite page is FANTASTIC ............ love the little creepy crawlies running across page  :o

John Kelly

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 08:06:29 am »
Has anyone asked their customers what they thought of their website. Do any of you have tracking software and if so how many pages actually get looked at.
Simons comment that customers are just looking for contact details in order to ring or email you is I think a valid point. Thats not to say you can't have loads of info on your site.

*paul_moss

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 08:14:36 am »
John,thats why I asked the question because my website details are on my flyers and my customers often comment saying your web site looks good.I rank high on google but get very little internet work.

Got Mark onto it now.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 08:43:51 am »
Chris,
There's even sound on the creepy crawlies too, no stone, or is it bug left unturned as they say. ;D

Simon

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 02:27:56 pm »
I read somewhere on a website forum or something that you should never start media content on a web page automatically as it will annoy the hell out of a lot of people. For instance if you have low download limits you will be using up a lot of this by starting these files automatically. Also imagine if you were listening to the radio or other music on your computer and all of a sudden you come to a page that automatically loads media content and bam it just sounds like a mashed up garble coming through the speakers.

Cheers Goron

garyj

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 04:18:12 pm »
That guy with the glasses on would frighten your children.

He's actually a really nice bloke. Pretty unfair comment as hes not here to defend himself, would have expected more from a businessman like yourself John.

John Kelly

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 04:36:14 pm »
Unfortunately Gary having met him and had dealings with him I beg to differ.

garyj

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 04:41:42 pm »
Well, you would wouldn't you!!!

Still no need for the comment, if he was on here to defend himself then fair enough, but as he's not it's a cheap shot.

Would have expected a bit of professionalism from someone who was once laughably nominated in an almost self started thread "Most influential man in carpet cleaning", which still makes me laugh to think of it.

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 04:44:02 pm »
second that Gary

not too professional a comment.

Cheers Goron

John Kelly

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 04:48:16 pm »
Heh, when someone belittles you in the middle of a cleaning show in front of your own customers its a wonder I've kept quiet so long. If you don't like it tough.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 04:56:48 pm »
Hi Guys

Theres obviously some bad feeling here but we need to get back to the topic please.

I do think lots of websites are obsessed with rankings and are not sales orientated enough.

Cheers

Doug

John Kelly

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 05:04:51 pm »
I apologise for the stupid post I made but this has been eating away at me since the incident. I will speak of it no more.

Robert Watson

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 05:54:32 pm »
John, if this guy was so disrespectful.
As far as I`m concerned you can say what you want.
Sorry Doug  :-X
The Kitchen Door Centre

stevegunn

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 06:18:13 pm »
Something not too in depth customers don't want to the in's and outs of the process you use.A couple of good before and after pictures.Make sure you contact details are on all pages.

I would love a facility where customers could send pics of stains etc as had enquiry today

"Comments: We have a cream carpet which has a big blackurrent stain on on also dried milk stains which has gone a dark orange/brown colour. Do you think it is possible for you to get these stains out?"

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 07:26:11 pm »
Always loved the forums for discussions and advice ................................... snide comments and insults are what mobiles and cars were made for  ;D

colin thomas

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 07:27:09 pm »
someone once told me that the worst person to design an advert is the person who the advert is for, you put in what you think is good, whenever i have written my own copy for adverts my family fall about laughing but i think they are great, simple and to the point seems to be the best and in laymans terms so that joe public can understand what you are on about,

colin
colin thomas