This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: £300 a day easy!
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 03:40:50 pm »
Whatever you say Squealer!!! ;D You carry on charging low prices and I'll carry on with my premium prices (premium service also) and you will have a low paying round, and I will have a high paying one!!! Simple as that!!!! ;) 
You carry talking rubbish RoundDog to try and look big (failing though), and I'll carry on living in the real world and telling it like it is. ;)

Gary Oldman

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 03:46:13 pm »
Whatever you say Squealer!!! ;D You carry on charging low prices and I'll carry on with my premium prices (premium service also) and you will have a low paying round, and I will have a high paying one!!! Simple as that!!!! ;) 
You carry talking rubbish RoundDog to try and look big (failing though), and I'll carry on living in the real world and telling it like it is. ;)
Isnt £300 a day possible then?

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 03:53:08 pm »
Sounds like groundhog easily earns that everyday. I could do ten to fifteen houses like that in a day especialy in the same street. It wouldn't take a customer two minutes to work out your earnings then so you would hardly have a streetfull of loyal customers. As for Groundhog saying he does a premium service either your windows and frames are clean or they arn't!

Dale Smith

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 04:51:11 pm »
DJW, I would have quoted the same.... maybe a £1 dearer.. but you are bang on in our area I think  :D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Tosh

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2008, 05:49:12 pm »
I quoted for a new build (they build them small now) four bedroomed detached house with a conservatory yesturday; £18 and that's a good price for South East Wales, in an estate area.

There's just no way you could get £30 for stuff like that round here; no way.

Gary Oldman

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:10 pm »
What's your annual turnover then tosh with prices this low? (don't feel you have to say, respect those on lower incomes)/.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2008, 05:57:32 pm »
What's your annual turnover then tosh with prices this low? (don't feel you have to say, respect those on lower incomes)/.
Prices this low? ;D
£18 per house will soon mount up.

Another one... ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 05:58:50 pm »
I quoted for a new build (they build them small now) four bedroomed detached house with a conservatory yesturday; £18 and that's a good price for South East Wales, in an estate area.

They weren't even talking about one with a conservatory Tosh.

That would be £40 probably.

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 06:01:54 pm »

If i got that it would be a good price, probably £15 for me if it's a small detatched. Still a fair price if you go by your hourly rate.

scud

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 06:10:24 pm »
  Squeaky, I think you and a couple of others should lend out your watches and calculators, some peoples are obviously on the blink.

jampot

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »
wish i had few of the £30 ones  ::)
anyway if i charged some of these sort of prices i wouldnt get work  ::)
here in s wales £15 would be about right . otherwise youd just get no work.
squeaks your posts are refreshing.  :)

Gary Oldman

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2008, 06:15:23 pm »
Is south wales a hot spot for w/c then? I might move from south dorset if I think its worthwhile.

jampot

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2008, 06:18:02 pm »
Is south wales a hot spot for w/c then? I might move from south dorset if I think its worthwhile.

i wouldnt bother prices seem alot higher elsewhere  ::)

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2008, 06:19:16 pm »
DJW, I would have quoted the same.... maybe a £1 dearer.. but you are bang on in our area I think  :D

Thanks Dale, i chat to other cleaners now and again and i seem to be either spot on or slightly higher than everyone else on average. Householders are not that stupid in general, their husbands probably earn around £15 an hour for a good job so they are hardly going to pay £60 an hour for a window clean are they?

Gary Oldman

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2008, 06:19:51 pm »

i wouldnt bother prices seem alot higher elsewhere  ::)
I come from an itineratn background so ain't bothered about moving (world's me oyster thing). There's got to be money worth chasing somewhere.

Dale Smith

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 06:42:45 pm »
Think your're right DJW.
Methinks looking at the longer side of the picture that you will build up a good round by doing it how you are already doing it, by quoting fair decent prices. You will be able to sleep easy as well  ;D
Bruv & me are doing it the same way.... ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 06:50:27 pm »
At my prices i can earn a decent living provided i have a full workload. Obviously double the money would be nice but £30 for that kind of house would give me the worlds smallest round! There is far too much competition in my opinion in my area to try and force prices up to that level. Maybe out in the sticks you might do it but then the travelling would cancel out the price advantage to some extent. Possibly the guy with the huge quote has a full round and has nothing to loose to put in a joke quote now and again.

NWH

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 07:18:18 pm »
Isnt £300 a day possible then?
Yes it is,those that say otherwise don`t earn it.

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2008, 07:20:50 pm »
I reckon if i put £500 a day someone is going to claim it. What a forum! ::)

groundhog

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2008, 09:28:16 pm »

Householders are not that stupid in general, their husbands probably earn around £15 an hour for a good job so they are hardly going to pay £60 an hour for a window clean are they?

The kind of households that I target would laugh at the idea of £15 an hour being a good job!! ;D  I rarely see many of the husbands in a lot of the areas I work, because they work very late or are away on business a lot, on average they earn between £500 to £1000 a day, and some much much more!!!  ;)