This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Re: £300 a day easy!
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2008, 08:11:48 pm »
Ground hog mate, I'm envious, I wish I could get your prices. Well maybe I could but I haven't got the balls to ask for them.
I go and look at a new job, and I think mmm, £20, I go round again to make sure. OK £20 it is. I go and tell her the price, "it will be £15 with the conservatory". she is happy with my price, I'm thinking, who said that? It was £20, I had worked out the price at £20, but my mouth has suddenly developed a mind of it's own. Now I'm too old to kick myself in the mouth, but that's what I feel like doing.
In that split second between my brain saying "20 and my mouth saying 15 the gremlin has stepped in and said she'll never pay that round here.
I have more than enough work. I have nothing to lose by asking for a higher price, I also have a conscience that hangs like a millstone around my neck.
The self perceived or probably misconceived image of honest Dai has cost me dear over the years. it has lead me to undersell myself out of fear of ripping someone off.
We are all different.
Would I like more money? of course I would, but I think I'm happy, and know I'm lucky, and feel satisfied with a £120 day. How do you put a price on contentment? Dai
PS I once knew a girl that could make £500 a day without getting out of bed

macmac

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2008, 08:12:13 pm »
I can do over £600 in a day

There ya go!!!! .... Is it Mr Morris's turn to be pulled to bits now????

From my point of view that post does look like a statement of fact rather than a hair brained hypothesis.

Mark

I can or I do? & if so could you do it every day of every week for the rest of your working life?

No doubt dave can earn that amount in 1 day but i'm still waiting for a reply to the above. Don't drift off into dreamland just yet davo ;)

Tony

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2008, 08:16:23 pm »
my personal experience of earning £300.00 a day is this and you can choose to believe it or not , i have been in this business ( i think some of you forget it is a business and not a charity ) for just over a year all this time wfp , i had no customers when i first started and now have nearly 300 but as you can imagine its quite spread out , i personally have earnt in excess of £ 300.00 a day on 7 occasions all recently and i expect this to happen with more regularity as my business compacts , my price for a 4 bed house ranges from £22.00 upwards , this is obviously a north south divide thing because if you live in the south and you,ve got the magic broom and you,ve not earnt £300.00 a day atleast a few times its because you like your pit too much ( i,m guilty of it myself ) so to rap this up if you want to earn £300.00 a day get a pole move south and ask a decent price for your work ( and yes there are still idiots who charge a fiver round here ) regards alan

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2008, 08:23:20 pm »
my personal experience of earning £300.00 a day is this and you can choose to believe it or not , i have been in this business ( i think some of you forget it is a business and not a charity ) for just over a year all this time wfp , i had no customers when i first started and now have nearly 300 but as you can imagine its quite spread out , i personally have earnt in excess of £ 300.00 a day on 7 occasions all recently and i expect this to happen with more regularity as my business compacts , my price for a 4 bed house ranges from £22.00 upwards , this is obviously a north south divide thing because if you live in the south and you,ve got the magic broom and you,ve not earnt £300.00 a day atleast a few times its because you like your pit too much ( i,m guilty of it myself ) so to rap this up if you want to earn £300.00 a day get a pole move south and ask a decent price for your work ( and yes there are still idiots who charge a fiver round here ) regards alan
Rubbish again.

I live down south and have a pole.
You couldn't get more than 12-15 quid for a standard 4-bed around here, just ask Tosh or Ian.

£300 on domestics is pure fantasy to 99.99% of window cleaners, sorry.

NWH

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2008, 08:26:30 pm »
Groundhog i know exactly where your coming from mate and by not coming back on here your only depriving others of your knowledge and wisdom,there`s a couple of people on here that are not anywhere near  our dizzy heights of earnings lol and it buggs the hell out of them when they hear that someones earning more,try and let it go mate and don`t rise to the bate that`s what there after just do what i do and sit back and smile. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Sorry dude but the time has come ;D

Every money post you're there giving it large, every van post you're there going yeah buy new, buy big etc. etc. every hot topic (now) & you're there again stating how you're going hot etc. etc

According to you, you should be earning 2k a week, driving a brand new vivario (the perfect wfp van, in your own words) & have a top notch hot system!

But, you drive a connect, have only a cold wfp & god only knows what you earn?

This is where the wheat gets sorted from the chaffe i'm afraid. It just does not add up ::)

Regreatably, Tony

And a bit more while i'm on a rant, you often forget to mention that your round is, what? 40 years old or something? your dad set it up years ago? ask your dad if when he first set out he was charging 3x the average price ;) & what it was like back then when he first started, you may get a wee insight into reality. ;)

Tony
Tony Tony Tony i only wish you lived nearer to me mate so i could take you out and show you the score,yes my dad did start the business and like i said in a few of them back posts i did indeed sort out the wheat from the chaff as you so put it,and as for the van i got off of Ebay in a moment of madness as it was a good deal and no VAT to pay.If i wanted to i could buy a new van tomorrow and that`s not bragging i`m just responding to your previous posts,and as for the hot i ordered it this afternoon for the middle of april when the 100% is claimable for it.I see absolutly no point forum or not in bragging if you new me you would know that it`s not my style,i was simply saying that or meaning to say that somethings quoted on here are possible and because some people then start getting on there backs when they say it they have enough and leave or stop posting.Certain people are going to say that figures asked about are possible of course they are if there acheiving them day in day out,anyway that`s my little rant over no offense my facelift brother lots of love NWHxxx.

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2008, 08:28:32 pm »
Groundhog i know exactly where your coming from mate and by not coming back on here your only depriving others of your knowledge and wisdom,there`s a couple of people on here that are not anywhere near  our dizzy heights of earnings lol and it buggs the hell out of them when they hear that someones earning more,try and let it go mate and don`t rise to the bate that`s what there after just do what i do and sit back and smile. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Sorry dude but the time has come ;D

Every money post you're there giving it large, every van post you're there going yeah buy new, buy big etc. etc. every hot topic (now) & you're there again stating how you're going hot etc. etc

According to you, you should be earning 2k a week, driving a brand new vivario (the perfect wfp van, in your own words) & have a top notch hot system!

But, you drive a connect, have only a cold wfp & god only knows what you earn?

This is where the wheat gets sorted from the chaffe i'm afraid. It just does not add up ::)

Regreatably, Tony

And a bit more while i'm on a rant, you often forget to mention that your round is, what? 40 years old or something? your dad set it up years ago? ask your dad if when he first set out he was charging 3x the average price ;) & what it was like back then when he first started, you may get a wee insight into reality. ;)

Tony
Tony Tony Tony i only wish you lived nearer to me mate so i could take you out and show you the score,yes my dad did start the business and like i said in a few of them back posts i did indeed sort out the wheat from the chaff as you so put it,and as for the van i got off of Ebay in a moment of madness as it was a good deal and no VAT to pay.If i wanted to i could buy a new van tomorrow and that`s not bragging i`m just responding to your previous posts,and as for the hot i ordered it this afternoon for the middle of april when the 100% is claimable for it.I see absolutly no point forum or not in bragging if you new me you would know that it`s not my style,i was simply saying that or meaning to say that somethings quoted on here are possible and because some people then start getting on there backs when they say it they have enough and leave or stop posting.Certain people are going to say that figures asked about are possible of course they are if there acheiving them day in day out,anyway that`s my little rant over no offense my facelift brother lots of love NWHxxx.
love the facelift part there bless

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2008, 08:32:12 pm »
Tony

You are absolutely right

No way can i do £600 every day , but it is achievable with the work i have got.

The biggest reason why you couldnt do that amount  more than once a week is that it will kill you.
You wont feel like getting out of bed the next day but if you did you wont feel like working.

I reckon earning £300 a day on your own will take its toll on your body and ou wont keep the pace up very long.
Even £200 is pushing it, how many guys here who do £200 monday , tuesday and wendesday keep the same enthusiasm for the last 2 days of the week , do they bounce out of bed or do they pull the duvet cover back over there weary bodies.

Dave

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2008, 08:42:36 pm »
no offence squeeky but i work in the royal tunbridge wells area and you live in south wales i should have been a little more specific about living in the south lol

macmac

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2008, 08:46:34 pm »
Tony

You are absolutely right

The biggest reason why you couldnt do that amount  more than once a week is that it will kill you.
You wont feel like getting out of bed the next day but if you did you wont feel like working.

I reckon earning £300 a day on your own will take its toll on your body and ou wont keep the pace up very long.
Even £200 is pushing it, how many guys here who do £200 monday , tuesday and wendesday keep the same enthusiasm for the last 2 days of the week , do they bounce out of bed or do they pull the duvet cover back over there weary bodies.

Dave

At last, I'm glad you posted that dave, it gives a more realistic perspective. This is more beneficial to most than just quoting " i can earn 600 in a day" (no offence).
It's too easy to just quote a highest possible days earnings which may leave others thinking they are doing something drasticly wrong & even make them feel demoralised cos' they only earned 150 quid today!

Tony

NWH

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2008, 08:50:39 pm »
Hi Alan we will have to meet up,i work in T.Wells area daily.This is the thing and as your right in my area you`ll know the score,if i was charging the likes of 12-£15 for such houses they wouldn`t take me on because they would think it wasn`t possible they would think i was just trying to get my foot in the door to suss it out for burglary or something,now i know someone on this thread is right on my doorstep workwise you know exactly what is possible in the right areas and £12 for a 4 bed detatched is laughable down south.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »
no offence squeeky but i work in the royal tunbridge wells area and you live in south wales i should have been a little more specific about living in the south lol
It's wrong though really isn't it?

I live in Chepstow, not deepest darkest Newport, and our house prices are among the highest in Britain outside of West London.(official).
It's no more expensive in your area for living, I've got family near Heathfield, and had a look in the estate agents.

Yet we can't get prices that you can. :(

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2008, 08:52:46 pm »
Tony

It was meant tongue in cheek with all the inflated posts , i dont use enough smileys i just assume people can read my mind.

I dont know what people are scared of, the wise and hard working always float to the top.

Dont be scared of extra competition , embrace it and see it has a challenge.

Have you seen the house building program in this country, also the amount of conservatories going up.

Dave

NWH

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2008, 08:53:05 pm »
Tony

You are absolutely right

Dave

At last, I'm glad you posted that dave, it gives a more realistic perspective. This is more beneficial to most than just quoting " i can earn 600 in a day" (no offence).
It's too easy to just quote a highest possible days earnings which may leave others thinking they are doing something drasticly wrong & even make them feel demoralised cos' they only earned 150 quid today!

Tony
Tony i could have posted exactly the same statement as Dave did and meant it word for word,it`s funny how people are perceived on forums xxx.

macmac

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2008, 08:54:44 pm »
Hi Alan we will have to meet up,i work in T.Wells area daily.This is the thing and as your right in my area you`ll know the score,if i was charging the likes of 12-£15 for such houses they wouldn`t take me on because they would think it wasn`t possible they would think i was just trying to get my foot in the door to suss it out for burglary or something,now i know someone on this thread is right on my doorstep workwise you know exactly what is possible in the right areas and £12 for a 4 bed detatched is laughable down south.

So you do agree then that your prices won't apply to the vast majority of uses of this site?

Tony

macmac

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2008, 08:57:15 pm »
Tony

It was meant tongue in cheek with all the inflated posts , i dont use enough smileys i just assume people can read my mind.

I dont know what people are scared of, the wise and hard working always float to the top.

Dont be scared of extra competition , embrace it and see it has a challenge.

Have you seen the house building program in this country, also the amount of conservatories going up.

Dave

;D ;D ;D

I can't help but try & keep a real perspective for the sake of the less fortunate :o

Tony

NWH

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2008, 08:59:10 pm »
It's wrong though really isn't it?

I live in Chepstow, not deepest darkest Newport, and our house prices are among the highest in Britain outside of West London.(official).
It's no more expensive in your area for living, I've got family near Heathfield, and had a look in the estate agents.

Yet we can't get prices that you can. :(
Sqeaky heathfield is one of the cheapest areas to live outside Tunbridge Wells,you`ll get a house there for £200,000-£250,000.Beleive me outside of Heathfield you`ll be lucky to get housed at all for less than £400,000 if you want just a little bit of garden,surrounding areas of T.wells detatched houses are £650,000 + so when your talking doing these kind of houses for £12-15 it`s a joke,alan will back me up on all i`ve said.

NWH

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2008, 09:01:34 pm »

So you do agree then that your prices won't apply to the vast majority of uses of this site?

Tony
Arrrrrr yeah but that`s not what you said earlier though Tony,you were saying i was telling porkys.

macmac

« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2008, 09:01:50 pm »
Tony

You are absolutely right

Dave

Tony
Tony i could have posted exactly the same statement as Dave did and meant it word for word,it`s funny how people are perceived on forums xxx.

But you didn't dude & that's my point. if you genuinely want to help people you have to be honest & realistic, not just barge in when a bragging oppertunity arrises. :-*

Tony

macmac

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2008, 09:04:02 pm »
So, is 300 quid a day easy?

Tony

NWH

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2008, 09:04:41 pm »
That`s not what you were saying Tony,you was saying basically that i`m a liar i`ve only got a connect van and have a average round handed down from my dad,couldn`t be further from the truth that.