Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

Chem dry Hot Carbonation system
« on: March 04, 2008, 08:31:43 pm »
Tried most cleaning systems out there but not Chemdrys system for obvious reasons.
Are there any ex Chemdry guys on the forum that can share this super technology with us?

Does it work any better ?

How does it work?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Chem dry Hot Carbonation system
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:57:48 pm »
The 'fizz' from the chemical reaction makes it more active and a gentle scrubbing happens although not like an envirodry but also the carbonation lowers the ph so if a chemical is a cleaner just because of it's ph like a degreaser (like in the old days) then it would become inaffective for it's original purpose.

Shaun

PS I heard through the grapevine that a TM supplier was going to add it onto their TM's.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 01:28:23 am »
Paul

I will see what I can do and if possible bring some to the ccdo understand it cost a fortune.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ray

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:04:33 am »
Dont ask (its a long story) how we got hold of the chemical, but we have in our chemical store some of chemdry chemicals.

The 2 powders also rust removers and a dye remover.

It really need to be binned as we have no need for it.

Ray

(ps we have never worked or had any connection with chemdry)

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:05:02 am »
As an ex Chem -dry franchisee who regularly talks to current franchissees, including participants in thier "elite retreat". I can tell you it is more super marketing than super chemical. They are now offering the franchissees the chance to purchase a van and truckmount for the bargain price of just 46k plus VAT.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

MCS

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 03:43:05 pm »
Have a look at one of there systems in action relabeled RX20

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVuDlji1pA4

Some of the comments are amusing to read  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 04:08:46 pm »
Ray.... the 2 powders you refer to if they are red and blue pachets, then they will be "a" and "b" solution, put a teaspoon of each together then add a little water and watch the fizzing action, you could also mix the 2 powders and add the correct amount of water( I would have to lookat the old training manual to see the amount) then you could use this solution as a prespray, it does work well , but no better than anything else on the market.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 07:44:11 pm »
The whole idea of Chem-Dry came when the founder used a soda syphon to remove a spillage from his carpet. The spillage what ever it was came straight off and the guy rightly or wrongly assumed it was the carbonated water which had done the trick. The idea is that the bubble rinse the dirt from the fibres.
It may be the spillage would have been removed with plain water. Anyway from that simple idea has sprung a multi billion dollar business.
Most of the UK franchises still rely on their fire & flood work for their main income. Although there are loads of ads in YP thats because they have to as a condition of the franchise. A lot can't be bothered with carpet cleaning.

doug@munters

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 08:07:50 pm »
ah" the natural" i remember it well a light prespray,over it with the rotary scrubber then remove with a charlie pad and wolla the dirt would all dissapear ;D..could also be used with the dinosaur ermm i mean the "velda" it had two clean water tanks at the front one you put the acidic natural in and one you put the alkaline natural in and they mixed at point of exit to become almost neutral,if the bloody heat generated didnt evaporate it all off ;D,brilliantly marketed but not up to the job in my opinion,i extracted with it most of the time wasnt convinced it worked well with rotary

In no way meant to offend and Chem Dryers out there just my personal opinion

carpet guy

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 09:31:24 pm »
I actually sourced a similar product a few months ago, but was the manufacturer refused to export the product..............

rob

Dennis

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 09:34:43 pm »
ah" the natural" i remember it well a light prespray,over it with the rotary scrubber then remove with a charlie pad and wolla the dirt would all dissapear ;D..could also be used with the dinosaur ermm i mean the "velda" it had two clean water tanks at the front one you put the acidic natural in and one you put the alkaline natural in and they mixed at point of exit to become almost neutral,if the bloody heat generated didnt evaporate it all off ;D,brilliantly marketed but not up to the job in my opinion,i extracted with it most of the time wasnt convinced it worked well with rotary

In no way meant to offend and Chem Dryers out there just my personal opinion

I was there before the Natural - Formula 5!
I would not argue with your general premise.  ;) ;D

I can´t prove or be sure about this but from something a supplier once told me I think 1 or 2 of  todays ¨microsplitters¨ are very similar in chemistry.

bennymon

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 11:54:57 am »
i have a friend with chemdry  who buys 1 box per month[ minimum purchace requirement ] 10 packs A10 packs B cost 210quid when it runs out [ less than a week ] he uses one step