Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

Re: 50% off during dec.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 07:18:40 am »
Ashplays , i am sorry but you are confusing me a little ,
 how would you define " a standard clean" ? does this include pre vav,
 etc,
 if not then they are failing in there job , hence  a "substandard job"  i wont use the word crap it maybe isnt !!!!   but maybe this is,
 as you qoute is acceptable to to their particular type of customer .
 what i cant quite grasp is you seem to be accepting that its ok , when really
 all there doing is is giving the public more ammunition to knock c.c.
  now i am coming to the end of my first year in c.c. and still learning alot,
but what i try to do is a proffesional  and as best as i am capable clean as possible . This is what i was taught from the very beggining and the way
i like ,from not only my tutor "tks mike" but from all the info available .
 a customer summed it up yesterday for me " you must get a lot of job satisfaction been able to see the results of your work " ;D  ;D strange comment i thought , but thinking about it , yes it is satisfing to see good results
 geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

woodman

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 09:30:10 am »
2 x 3 piece suites 5-6 hours
3 carpets 2-3 hours
HSL 1-2 hours

all done on 4 x different calls thats about 8-11 hrs work solid not including travelling and set up times. Fatique would set in so level of standards would drop.

Can't see it myself, this would have to be a two man splash & dash team to carry this out on a regular basis.

If you are doing this level of work day in day out earning 70k a year good luck to you,  you deserve it.

ashplays

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 12:45:32 pm »
o i giv up  ::) lol

Martin S

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 02:06:50 pm »
o i giv up ::) lol

Gary (Ashplays)

There's nothing quite like putting a smile on someone else's face every day.  With your last comment, you just did.   :) :) :)

Cheers.

Martin S
Martin

paul@ctcs

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 02:39:37 pm »
The Customer surely has know idea what the price should be, so are these guys not just charging there usual price but stating Half Price?? after all prices vary so much from one cc to another!
They may have very few overheads so dont need to charge top end prices to clear decent profits??

One mans half price is another mans full price!!

Paul

Phil Marlor

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 06:27:39 pm »

Ashplays,

I know that Carpetright and all the others claim to offer 50% off, but that dosnt make it right that they tell lies as well!

As I said before, no-one can survive taking 50% off their profit margin, so if these guys are making good money its because they are not really offering 50% less, they are miss guiding the public.

Still like to know what a standard clean is?

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 06:49:13 pm »
Ian

Was going to use answer but it did not look right.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 07:06:20 pm »
Any store that offers a 50% discount must by law have sold that product at the full 100% price for a minimum of 28 days prior to offering the discount ;)

I have seen this leaflet that Geoff is talking about, its printed by my mates at tradeprint( I even helped with the wording :D )

The company is offering a genuine 50% discount because i know they used to charge £70=£80 for a through lounge, why they have decided to cut their prices i don't know( it may have something to do with them buying a truckmount and working quicker)

They are being sensible by getting this leaflet distrubuted through this busy time because some people will keep them for january, most carpet cleaners are short sighted and stop marketing in Nov & Dec.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 09:13:45 pm »
Multi level marketing goes on all over the place ie tins of beans with 3 different labels on all the same stuff but with different appearances and different prices, so what 1 cc can get away with charging may not be the same as what another can but the quality may be exactly the same.

Shaun

Ps I'm offering any customer who rings this week and books before Xmas 99.99% off.

Doh!!!!!!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 09:32:07 pm »
Hi Guys,

Lets not get too excited about unfair claims , afterall open your YP and see how many people offer the 'most thorough carpet cleaning ever or your money back'.

Surely only one clean can ever be the most thorough or you would have to put  something like the 736th most thorough clean ever.

Customers are not stupid , they look at the cost to them , if they like it they buy , if they don't they walk.

Cheers,

Doug

Phil Marlor

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2004, 09:37:29 pm »
Sorry Mike, I dont believe for one minute these companies have ever chopped 50% of their prices.

I have a company in my local rag who display an advert 52 weeks a year saying 50% off, so where dose the 28 days original price come into it.

I am yet to walk past my local Carpetright without seeing a board saying less 40% or 50% on it in 7 years.

Who would want to cut their prices by 50% anyway, are they mad?

Answer is, they never were that original price in the 1st place, can't believe people get fooled by all these un-realistic claims, but I know they do.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2004, 09:41:00 pm »
The most thorough cleaning ever.... means that you are offer a thorough clean not a wet and go style of clean, so if everyone offers The most thorough clean then everyone would charge the same and every customer would be happy, it is not meant that you are competing against other 't.m.t.c.e.' to be number 1.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2004, 09:42:20 pm »
I think the Carpetright thing may be 50% off rrp.

Shaun

Phil Marlor

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2004, 09:48:22 pm »

What I would like to know is supose the job price was say £800.00.

Dose the "Best clean seen or your money back" still apply, and what if they DO ask for their money back.

Would be interesting to know anyone who has had to return a big pay cheque.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2004, 09:56:59 pm »
No returns in 5 years, never been asked no quibbling, Ok it's a good selling point but it stops you from having a bad day at the office and keeps you focused.

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2004, 10:00:06 pm »
Shaun,

If it's the most thorough clean  , then it must be more thorough than all the other cleans that all cleaners have ever done .

cheers,

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2004, 10:14:51 pm »
The most thorough you can get, doesn't mean knowone can equal it.

If you get 100 % removal of soil from a carpet how can you beat it.

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2004, 10:36:48 pm »
Shaun,

Nobody is ever going to get 100% of the dirt out .

Cheers,

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2004, 06:53:40 am »
The other day I was cleaning and the cusomer came into the room and I was on my knees with my hand tool.

She said Ive never seen a carpet  cleaner do that before.

Who did you have?   Chem Dry.

Now Ive seen you do that I will certainly have you again.

So as I do draught marks go right into corners does that mean Ive done the most through clean ever,

In my satisfaction Guarantee as oposed to most Through Clean

I offer to reclean or give money back my choice,

On Dougs point Ive asked a question on a new posting

mark_roberts

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2004, 03:25:00 pm »
I used to work for the local 50% off crew (as have a few others here).

They charged £40 for a suite and around £1.25 a sq yard for carpet.  Min charge of £20.  They encourged us to sell extras being conditioner, deoderizer and protector.  The price of these was up to us as we got 50% commission.

From memory I did about £45,000 turnover for them in total sales in a year and there was at one time 5 of us working.  They put out 50% off leaflets all the time via Royal Mail.

The standard of work would be less than what I can achieve now but having said that i got very few call backs.  100% of the work was domestic.

Not my idea of fun so i started up my own business.  I charge twice the price and enjoy the job much more.

Mark