Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Re: My new web site.First attempt at web building
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 08:38:03 am »
Ha Ha quality ! they are famous ! Need to get myself a decent digi cam as am using my n73 .

Re other reply about templates..There are about 200 to chose from or if i upgrade to the pro version it`s over 400 . just down to messing about and finding the right 1.
I have the NVU web sitte software not sure if i can edit it with that ?
New to all this web site stuff grand total of 5 days experience
What goes around comes around

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 09:06:11 am »
Hi Mark
My website cost me £99 www.rodesign.co.uk.
Not saying its the best (thats subjective) but saved me a lot of time when I was busy.

it took me a few hours to get some wording together.I  looked at what other good website were saying, pinched a bit here and there, made it my own, emailed to rodesign. They did the rest.

The £99 includes 1st year hosting and SEO

So you dont have to spend hours playing around - but thats what you may like doing.

M.Acorn

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 09:14:11 am »
Yeah spare time really ! if i need to make any alterations to my other site i have to contact my web bloke in cardif,and try and explain what i want him to do,usually takes just as long trying to get exactly what i want just moving text around ect.My cyrrent site has had a few changes recently but it`s taken over a week to have them implemented ,and it`s still not 100%
Removed new local business from site and put established date and also put the bit about the turbo blower which turned up yesterday.Didn`t realsie just how big they were !
not as scary powerful as i was led to beleive my cats didn`t like it but it didn`t destroy my house  ;D

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 09:50:04 am »
if it`s a case of liking your old site but you want to be able to mod it your self, then get your ftp password and username from your web guy and you can make adjustments directly to the html yourself.

M.Acorn

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 04:30:29 pm »
Changed colour and layout , looks much lighter.Lost the sentance under the top logo though need to find code to change it to black ,so it`s visable

spickandspan

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 04:34:14 pm »
Nice one Mark is i had designed that i would be well pleased, well done.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

M.Acorn

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 04:37:50 pm »
Thanks much appreciated.Steep learning curve but i will get there in the end ! next step is to get linked to stuff.

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 04:39:06 pm »
Some cleaning companies provide a tired system of cleaning we only provide the one.

The above is on your carpet cleaning page - I think you are referring to a tiered system of cleaning.
But why put it in - you are referring to what your competitors may offer and they may say I would like to be offered a tiered system. Let them know what you do - not what your competitors do.

M.Acorn

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »
Ok changed in a sec

gwrightson

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 04:57:51 pm »
One other minor point i noticed mark,

you say "you will clean to the best of your ability

to me , that sounds a little negative , as if it could be cleaned better by somebody else, buts you will do the best you can do.

I would say something along the lines of ," Results that cannot be surpassed" or giving a superb clean"
if you get my drift.

geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

M.Acorn

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 07:38:43 pm »
Point taken will fire up and get it ammended.Cheers for all the input folks .Need the business to start making me some propper £££ hoping the extra kit and site will help..I am getting stupid amounts of hits on the first site but only ever get a few enquiry`s from it that`s why i am doing another site to compare..Use a tracker stat counter so i can see whats going on

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 09:36:42 pm »
Mark

I think there have been some really useful pointers for you. I've not looked at many sites so I'm no expert but what I really liked was the way you walk the customer through the job. It's like you are becoming their friend and answering their questions before they have even thought of them and in a friendly, chatty way.

I'm afraid what really jumped out at me were the spelling mistakes, lack of punctuation and I think the grammar was a bit "wild" in places. (Grammar is my least strong point out of those three observations.)

Your font is different on the upholstery page to the other pages.

The list of chemicals I think is a nice idea as it identifies that there is no magic one stain-removal chemical available (unlike what TV adverts would have us believe). Not sure if powdered de-foamer is relevant to a consumer, though.

What about adding after the list of chemicals that smaller, consumer bottles of many of them are also available to buy?

I hope you take all this is in the spirit you requested at the beginning of the thread.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

M.Acorn

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:41 am »
Thanks roger yes my spelling and punctuation is terrible ! got chucked out of my english lessons at school for pratting about all the time .Sort of regret that now  ::) will get my wife to go through it.Will also sort out the different text styles.One thing that i may change is where i say about the 3 different sorts of client i have not sure that having the bit about the cheapest possible clean is good !
Got a big job this morning so will be back later to amend it....Cheers

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 11:39:34 am »
Here is the script you need to change the colour of your text, you`ll have to change the font face to whichever you are using.

<font face= "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" style="color: 000000;">

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 06:07:49 pm »
Hi Mark
If you  copy the text from your website and paste it onto a Mircosoft word document,that will sort out all the spelling and  grammer errors,then in future you could write your web material on a word page then copy and paste to your website.
                                                Mark

M.Acorn

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 06:11:37 pm »
Wow very high tec and informative ! Nice work

Kev Loomes

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 06:25:03 pm »
Dave

A bit sycadelic, but as a first attempt its better than some others Ive seen so well done. Just curious where did you get that 'excellence as standard' tag line at the bottom??? where have I seen that before....hhmm let me think!

Also I notice you have the NCCA logo - are you registered? I couldnt see you on their site? If not the NCCA may take action if they find out. If you are, get onto them and let them know that your not listed as you could be missing out on some work ;D

Cheers

Kev

davep

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 07:04:43 pm »
Im not registered as i have just changed the company name and its not advertised anywhere yet, will sort tomorrow.

Excellence as standard..  must have seen it somewhere and it stuck in my head  ;)

davep