This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEAN-MASTER

'George' for carpets
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:07:51 pm »
Does anyone use a Numatic 'George' to clean carpets, are they up to the job?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gerry Styles

Re: 'George' for carpets
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:50:50 pm »
OK for smaller jobs. Lots of work keep emptying and refilling
Premier Klean Limited

spencer davies

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 11:17:29 pm »
Its a toy, it makes a good spotting machine but thats all.

S

Eric Lloyd

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:34:06 pm »
Bought one last week. Vac motor kept cutting out after 5 mins & very hot, took 20 mins to cool itself down; took all evening to do quite a small job. Performance adequate for spot removal but as for larger areas, forget it. Only reason I got it was no access for van & truck-mount!  Apparently they changed their motor suppliers recently, so I was told in the shop when I took it back, so don't know if its a common problem.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:50 pm »
Bought one last week. Vac motor kept cutting out after 5 mins & very hot, took 20 mins to cool itself down; took all evening to do quite a small job. Performance adequate for spot removal but as for larger areas, forget it. Only reason I got it was no access for van & truck-mount!  Apparently they changed their motor suppliers recently, so I was told in the shop when I took it back, so don't know if its a common problem.
Sounds like you took it back and got money back.
It should not have kept cutting out especially after such short operation.

The Numatic CTD572 (think thats the numbers) is much better for occassional carpet cleaning.
I used one for many years, even done whole houses. Still have it, still works fine, but now I am more into carpet cleaning then general cleaning so have a more beefier machine, a Scorpion.

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:43:33 pm »
Yeah i agree i used to use a ctd 572 numatic, thought it was the dog nuts all those years ago.Cant fault numatic machines,generally pretty tough old things but as you say too small for every day carpet cleaning.They do a ctd 902 as well think it holds about 18ltrs with big rear wheels.Thinking about it i,m a bit supprised they havent developed a big cc machine as they,ve mostly branched into the other areas of cleaning equipment and sold millions,suppose they have their reasons! :)
klinger of spa clean.