Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woodman

canceled appointments
« on: November 29, 2004, 08:10:15 pm »
Don't matter how long you've been at it it still annoying when it happens.

week all planed out nice job done today,nice easy job tomorrow lovely job for most of the day on wednesday booked in and guess what they just rang and canceled till after christmas.bless 'em.

Anyone need a hand on wednesday ;D

Dynafoam

Re: cancelled appointments
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 08:24:22 pm »
Trevor,

Feel like taking the p*ss?

I have one of my least favourite nursing homes to do on Wednesday.

What I do not like about the job is that I always end up doing scattered areas, which involves moving the machine several times to various points around the large, rambling building to avoid having hoses crossing too many corridors.

On the last visit, totalling ten hours, I spent about three hours moving equipment.

Especially at this time of year I find it easy to fill cancellations, since there are always a number of customers who left the booking of the pre- Christmas clean too late and are only too pleased to have their January or February appointment brought forward.

Len Gribble

Re: canceled appointments
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 08:35:02 pm »
Woodman

At least they let you know.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 08:38:35 pm »
If cancelled appointments happen to John after a 1000 years in the profession ;D then I feel better!

Sorry John, but you have regular clients/friends that have 'unforeseable' problems even when they are nurtured into your way of thinking makes me feel better. It just goes to show we are all human.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 09:07:37 pm »
Shaun

Human what’s that?

By the way still waiting the postman or dose he knock twice hope not wife mutton jeff ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

eclipse

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 10:18:12 pm »
Peter
Have you nothing better to do?

jacko

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 10:53:17 pm »
Hi Woodman

Can you not try to get another clients' appointment brought forward to fill Wednesday? You could try and offer a 10% discount to fill the cancellation. Then you will have more of a chance to fill the appoiontment you brought forward.........

Big_Fish

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 06:19:00 am »
Peter,

I find punctuation and grammar mistakes annoying in newspapers etc, but not on here. We are all human.

If you are going to correct folk on their mistakes, maybe you should look to yourself first. You don't need a full stop after a question mark as a question mark also ends a sentence.
Plenty of other examples gone by but you are only human!  ;D

Nicky

Derek

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 07:54:45 am »
Hi

When I first got involved with training many (too many) years ago one of the first things I discovered was the amount of people who suffered from dislexia and other related word difficulties.
Many were reluctant to come onto training courses because of this.... the NCCA took the initiative to deal with this and help is given to any delegate with any such difficulties... I believe other companies do likewise.

One such guy became a very valued Director of the NCCA and what's more became the editor of the Association's magazine Newslink for a time... thanks to the Microsoft publisher and spell checker system

Derek

Doug Holloway

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 09:40:43 am »
There is no need to be afraid to post, The new moderator can spell but never bothers to correct his mistakes.  As he is speaking from the heart as you would in conversation.

Also he admits when things go wrong and in the past has told of his mistakes and problems on the Forum.

Thats the only way we all learn

Regards

Ian 

woodman

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 09:45:15 am »
Hi Jacko

No nothing appropriate but have booked in two estimates instead in the morning then off to my sons County Cup Final in the afternoon ;D

Phil Marlor

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 07:43:53 pm »

YOU DO NOT NEED A FULL STOP AFTER A QUESTION MARK!!!!!!

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Doug Holloway

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 08:03:36 pm »
Peter,

Or an exclamatiom mark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Cheers,

Doug

woodman

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 07:21:54 pm »

Just in case you wanted to know my sons team won the Bucks County Cup
final 3-1 in extra time. :D :D

Funnily enough it means my son has now won the Beds County Cup u19's Final last year and the Bucks County Final u19's this year and captained both teams,got to be some kind of record hasn't it.

What a day ;)

Oh, and I cleaned a carpet and done an estimate before hand aswell (just to keep it on the subject of carpet cleaning ;D)

Big_Fish

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2004, 07:34:37 pm »
You must be very proud of him.

Nicky