This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Window Cleaner is honoured by his customers New
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:17:45 pm »
Well we hear bad news about customers but this article prove that some do value your service.

http://www.mk-news.co.uk/burtonmail-news/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=249120

Retailers gathered at Prime Time Video Store, in Midland Road, Swadlincote, on Monday, to present David Ashmore with a £400 cheque for all his hard work over the years.

Mr Ashmore, 64, of The Croft, in Newhall, decided to hang up his bucket and chamois leather after being diagnosed with prostate cancer in November.

He started the business, D Ashmore Cleaning Services, 45 years ago, covering Swadlincote, Newhall, Midway and Woodville, but has now sold up to another firm to take a well-deserved break.

Manager of Prime Time video store Lavinia Dolman, who organised Mr Ashmore's surprise presentation, said: "David told me about his retirement on the Monday, and on the Tuesday morning I was thinking about what we could do for him.

"I went round businesses in Swad and asked if they wanted to do anything, to pop in to the shop, and they all started turning up.

"He was really choked and absolutely made up when eight of us gave him the cheque.

"He's been really trustworthy, honest and has done the windows come rain or shine, along with extras, like taking our Christmas trees down.

"He's known to everyone and is always chatty.
"We just wanted to say thank you and that we will all miss him."

Mr Ashmore, who has been cleaning The Mail's Swadlincote office windows for more than 20 years, said: "I'm due to have an operation next Tuesday - the cancer isn't terminal.

"I've been astounded and touched by the kindness shown to me through all the cards and retirement presents people have given me, and would like to say thank you to all my friends.

"I couldn't have wished for a friendlier town than Swad and have really enjoyed my job."

Blackbushe Windows

Re: Window Cleaner is honoured by his customers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »
Nice to see the appreciation for long, reliable service.

Hope he gets on ok.

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

Tim Rose

Re: Window Cleaner is honoured by his customers
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:28:19 pm »
When blokes aged 30 are paid off from city jobs with several millions it makes you feel sick doesn't it?