This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wayne Thomas

Re: finding work and staying off peoples areas
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 09:16:06 pm »
I agree with Helen regarding pricing a quote. Always decide the price you want for the job and not to ask how much the previous w/c charged. The customer will soon tell you if you are more expensive than their previous w/c unless they are not too bothered about the price or are too polite. :)

pootwo

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 09:36:38 pm »
sum times custy tells porkys i love them to gasp

sf

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 07:54:23 pm »
personally dont believe theres such a thing as a persons area.we apparently live in a democratic country.no one person has the right to any one area.only thing i would consider as out of order would be deliberately targeting and undercutting
another window cleaners round.

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 07:57:20 pm »
personally dont believe theres such a thing as a persons area.we apparently live in a democratic country.no one person has the right to any one area.only thing i would consider as out of order would be deliberately targeting and undercutting
another window cleaners round.
agree on that 100%
only one person has ever done that to me, they are on here aswell  ::)

Gerry Styles

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2008, 10:08:53 pm »
There is no EXCLUSIVE ROUNDS. Target wherever you like, be competive and do a proffesional job. work is built on reliability and proffesionalisim. Go on courses and join a trade organisation like NFWCA. There is no need to undercut anyones price. The ethos of being in business is to maximise earning and profit. Keep pushing up the price and deliver a quality job.....
Premier Klean Limited

paulscotney

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2008, 11:36:31 pm »
It is a free country everyone is entitled to go and target and undercut everyone else,  if they are so thick and stupid that they want to do so and don't realise that undercutting is the way to poverty.

Obviously people who do that are those that have no confidence and are taking what they think is the easy option,(to poverty as I said)   but we do live in a democracy and  what right have we to dictate how people live, as long as they abide by the law.

99% of customers require reliable service anyway as we all know. Price is not the major consideration.

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2008, 11:42:12 pm »
It is a free country everyone is entitled to go and target and undercut everyone else,  if they are so thick and stupid that they want to do so and don't realise that undercutting is the way to poverty.

Obviously people who do that are those that have no confidence and are taking what they think is the easy option,(to poverty as I said)   but we do live in a democracy and  what right have we to dictate how people live, as long as they abide by the law.

99% of customers require reliable service anyway as we all know. Price is not the major consideration.

dont know the area you come from but many try an dictate price, these are not on my rounds by the way, undercutting is plain worng one it make the dole chancers work for less which i think is worng as they are one step nearer to being caught, and 2.. I cant say that on here I will get banned

paulscotney

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »
Hi Ian, if someone is going to change their reliable conscientious window cleaner (me or you) because some else comes round and offers to do it for £10 instead of £12, or whatever,  then they are not worth having as a customer. Regarding customers dictating price, I dictate the price, the other day I said £16pm thinking I was being generous, they said our last window cleaner charged £8. I just walked away after politely explaining the situation.  Regarding dole bludgers, sod them, decent customers wouldn't even speak to them let alone allow them to clean their windows.

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2008, 11:59:27 pm »
Hi Ian, if someone is going to change their reliable conscientious window cleaner (me or you) because some else comes round and offers to do it for £10 instead of £12, or whatever,  then they are not worth having as a customer. Regarding customers dictating price, I dictate the price, the other day I said £16pm thinking I was being generous, they said our last window cleaner charged £8. I just walked away after politely explaining the situation.  Regarding dole bludgers, sod them, decent customers wouldn't even speak to them let alone allow them to clean their windows.
good on you dude, you think the same as I do  ;)
Ian

paulscotney

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 12:02:06 am »
Ian, I know but I still think u have the right to undercut if u so wish.  Although I never would as we know it is idiocy.  But freedom is a right.

Overcutting is much better ;D

paulscotney

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 12:17:53 am »
Talking about the original thread. Started window cleaning 16 years ago. Did houses for one year.(Hard work) Met a very few other cleaners, got on great, no one had an area, once exceptionally,  in one street of 40 houses was 5 w/cleaners.

Then went commercial for 8 years,not rich but good easy money, then got a class 1 HGV and went travelling about and worked when needed money for 6 years or so.

Been back on the windows (houses) WFP for 3 months only seen 2 other w/cleaners, so never ever come across areas on domestic work in both my w/cleaning careers although it does happen on shopping streets.

Thought of going WFP about 7 yrs ago but it was new and lure of travelling was too great. You can't have everything.