This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon-scwindows

Re: Newbie question re Van mount V Static
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 06:28:03 pm »

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 06:29:24 pm »

Andrew44

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 06:54:06 pm »
[I
Where are you Andrew?

Cambs.  Just starting out on this in next few months so will have many more Qs to ask!!

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 06:55:15 pm »
[I
Where are you Andrew?

Cambs.  Just starting out on this in next few months so will have many more Qs to ask!!
where in cambs m8, I work in cambridge st. neots and a few other areas you welcome to come and chat if you want maybe have a little go.

Ian

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 06:55:40 pm »
2000 litres a day? yeh after a couple of months you'll be using that much water with all that work you'll have, and billy whizz speed. Ian , the guys a newbie asking for advice ::)
Ian, you couldn't have used a 300gpd because you have a van mounted ro unit so you need 4040 because you have no holding tank and therefore need a fairly quick overnight fill directly to your van.

Tim Rose

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 06:58:00 pm »

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 06:59:09 pm »
2000 litres a day? yeh after a couple of months you'll be using that much water with all that work you'll have, and billy whizz speed. Ian , the guys a newbie asking for advice ::)
I know hes new, my advice would be to get a 4040. as I said in the first place.
if money is tight then a smaller 300gpd is fine.

Ian

p.s some people like the better than neded stuff, I am one of them

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »
as Ian calls it   'the beast'  i dont really need that industrial ro unit atall, but it will come in handy this time by next year hopefully il reach full capacity this year

i do some work in cambs too Ely area and all around there where abouts are you?

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 07:03:07 pm »
A newbie? right oh, lease the biggest most expensive van you can lay your hands on, buy the most expensive poles you can get, buy the dearest most elaborate ro unit you can buy then get some work. Good advice ??? ::)

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 07:07:02 pm »
A newbie? right oh, lease the biggest most expensive van you can lay your hands on, buy the most expensive poles you can get, buy the dearest most elaborate ro unit you can buy then get some work. Good advice ??? ::)
I didnt say get a expensive van or the most expensive pole at all, I said get a 4040.

a 4040 is not the most expensive RO you can get but why get a cheap one as this is one of the main things to make the water.

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 07:15:46 pm »
Andew44 ask your questions to someone like Alex Gardiner or several other suppliers tell them the kind of work you have, how much you want to spend, they will then ask you a few simple questions like what is your tds? How much water pressure you have etc. Alex will even send you a tds meter and a pressure guage and advise you on what you really need for your kind of work and capacity. You don't need to produce thousands of litres of water for a small domestic round. No on uses a thousand litres a day on their own.

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 07:22:23 pm »
Andew44 ask your questions to someone like Alex Gardiner or several other suppliers tell them the kind of work you have, how much you want to spend, they will then ask you a few simple questions like what is your tds? How much water pressure you have etc. Alex will even send you a tds meter and a pressure guage and advise you on what you really need for your kind of work and capacity. You don't need to produce thousands of litres of water for a small domestic round. No on uses a thousand litres a day on their own.
DJW do you have a problem with me ?

I have my opinion and you clearly have yours I'm cool with that. I would still get a 4040 and I dont use 1000L a day.

Ian

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 07:24:19 pm »
Nope, the only problem i have is people giving out poor advice and "willy waving"

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 07:28:05 pm »
Nope, the only problem i have is people giving out poor advice and "willy waving"
lol
 at the last part.

DJW that is your opinion m8 and I respect your opinion, mine is get a 4040 if you can afford to, thats IMO.

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 07:38:21 pm »
i've been wfp'ing for 2 years now and i started with a 100 gpd and then upgraded it to 2 x 150 membranes = 300 gpd and i use 850 litres a day and it copes with it, why buy a 4040 when a 300 ro-man unit will do the job?
why buy an RO that you have to upgrade ?
if you have to upgrade again in 2 years let me know the cost and I bet a 4040 if you had got one in the first place would have been cheaper in the long run and saved alot of messing about.

I stick by what I say, and I dont mind taking flack for it.

Go for a 4040  :P

NWH

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 08:37:11 pm »
Forget having an RO in the van,unless you don`t have anywhere to make water at home.It looks good but in reality it aint practical.Go out to work come home fill from static for next day stick the darts on with your feet up.

mark dew

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 08:51:06 pm »
i use a 300gpd ro with a booster pump. Cost me £265 all in at the time. Probably cheaper now. Tds in 480ppm out 5ppm. After di vessel 0.
It will produce over 1000 litre per 24 hours, but the booster pump is critical in achieving this.
No need in having a ro in your van unless you have work that requires you to fill up on site or you can't have a static system at home. No point driving around with water in your van when you don't need to. Especially with the price of diesel nowadays. Dunno what price a 4040 is but for most sole traders its like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 08:57:08 pm »
You mean you don`t need a 40x40 don`t you,i think your right.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 08:57:28 pm »
Well whoever it is that started this thread, you can buy my 300gpd pure freedom RO from me if you want. Its only just over 1month old, allways flushed before use, with an inline tds meter, no longer needed, with a small DI vessel and resin and tubing. Cheaper from me, cost me 150 for ro, 25 for tds meter, 25 for di and resin

scwcs@aol.com  

or you can get a 4040

NWH

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 09:48:59 pm »
You got that from Ebay didn`t you.