This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: warm water for less than hundred £
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 10:36:02 pm »
You mean the tricoflex between tank-pump-di-reels ? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:34 pm »
Normal tricoflex or hot hose is recommended for system hoseing.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 10:39:45 pm »
So, I'll be fine then? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 10:43:41 pm »
Alex is getting a supplier to make up some "Thermobore" for hot wfp systems. It will be 8mm ID, and rated to 90 deg C,.. and I'm sure he mentioned early on a reflective insulating layer in the hose to minimise heat loss before it gets to the brush head, hopefully this feature made its way into the finished product?
I'm sure Alex will give us more info when its ready for sale tho.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 10:47:09 pm »
Nathanael, how is your hot system going? Luke

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 11:02:36 pm »
Nathanael, how is your hot system going? Luke

Luke, what did you mean with Retro heater? :)

Thanks.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 11:03:03 pm »
Retro fitted! Luke

NWH

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 11:07:05 pm »
Luke the retro systems ie omnipole,do take up a fair bit of room in a small van.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 11:08:59 pm »
I'm not going to go with something like that, I've got other plans. Luke

ps. what type of WATER FED POLE system do you have NWH?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 11:10:51 pm »
I'm not going to go with something like that, I've got other plans. Luke

ps. what type of system do you have NWH?

Man, we really need a list of solutions in one post, from buy it off the shelf to DIY, it's kinda difficult to roam the forums looking for info on water heaters.  :-\

steve m

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:32 pm »
heard somewhere that a shureflow pump can only take water upto 45 degrees . dont know if this is true? Half way through having a go at a diy hot water system using a 12v immesion heater

NWH

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 11:33:51 pm »
You have limited options,your better off getting it done by the pro`s,DIY it at your own risk.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 11:34:32 pm »
Most pumps will go between 80-90 degrees.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 11:37:44 pm »
http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/WATER_HEATERS.html

The heater element shown in the pic is a 3Kw with an inca alloy sheath which is suitable for de-ionised water. However the length of it means it would have to go in in a minimum of 175 litre upright tank and it would have to be plugged into the mains 240v a/c. To run it using a 3000watt inverter would cost a minimum £500 off of ebay plus a minimum of 5 large amperage batteries banked together just to keep it running if used in transit.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 11:41:01 pm »
That`s what i was saying,get it done properly turn it on hot water thank you very much,i don`t think it`s DIY people like i think it`s hassle.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 12:16:33 am »
It's a very good heater element and will do the job BUT it does drink the electric because it is a 3Kw immersion heater. It's primary use is for pickling in large tanks.

rugby

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 12:21:07 am »
why bother,cold pure water works just fine.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 07:19:04 am »
The heater pictured is actually quite a good idea if used to heat the water overnight. If you plug it into the mains overnight and work out how long it takes to get the tank up to the required temperature then put it on a simple timer to come on say 2 hours before you have to go to work. It will also have the advantage of pre-warming the inside of your vehicle slightly before work thereby de-frosting pipes etc inside the vehicle.

If you complement this with an instant 'as-you-go' gas heater you have a complete solution for about £400.

TERRY AB

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 03:54:11 pm »
If the immersion heater can heat up the water in an hour or so, then use the electricity from home berfore driving to work. Then to make sure the water in your hoses is also warm, make a connection thru the top pf the water tank and connect your microbore hose to it, then turn on the pump at low pressure/flow rate that way your water will circulate and get the hoses and hose water hot as well.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 04:02:47 pm »
If you heat up the water at home, how long will it stay warm during the day?

Alex, any links for the 'instant 'as-you-go' gas heater'? Thanks  :)