This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevekennedy

Re: How can I heat my van?
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2007, 04:50:21 pm »
No  ;D ;D ;D

He is gonna kill me

Clear Vision

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2007, 04:51:34 pm »
buy a house with a drive and garage and use a electric heater

Good gosh old chap!

Why didn't I think of that idea!!!!

Ive been stressing out all day as well, and all along the answer was staring me in the face.

martindrz400 I dont know what we would do without you!

Problem now solved, Cheers

stevekennedy

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2007, 04:52:19 pm »
 ;D

martindrz400

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2007, 05:03:03 pm »
only joking safest option in my opinion is a flat camping stove cant tip over

Clear Vision

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2007, 05:10:51 pm »
This will do the trick cheap to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EBERSPACHER-AIRTRONIC-D2-CAMPER-LORRY-VAN-BOAT-HEATER_W0QQitemZ130183227073QQihZ003QQcategoryZ76066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Roy

That looks good roy!

But diesel? How on earth do you rig that kind of setup up? Does it use the vehicles diesel tank? or does it have its own supply of fuel?

stevekennedy

Roy Harding

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2007, 05:24:45 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EBERSPACHER-AIRTRONIC-D2-CAMPER-LORRY-VAN-BOAT-HEATER_W0QQitemZ130183227073QQihZ003QQcategoryZ76066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Roy

That looks good roy!

But diesel? How on earth do you rig that kind of setup up? Does it use the vehicles diesel tank? or does it have its own supply of fuel?

You can do both, you can have a small 1gal tank or tap into the main tank. A good garage would fit it. They use only a small amount of diesel.

Roy

Clear Vision

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2007, 05:30:53 pm »

Roy

That looks good roy!

You can do both, you can have a small 1gal tank or tap into the main tank. A good garage would fit it. They use only a small amount of diesel.

Roy

Cheers roy.

As I plan to change my vehicle in the near future I would rather have a tin of diesel sitting along side.

Could I link it in to a sepperate 12 v battery instead of linking it into the vehicles battery? Or would it run it flat too quick to do it that way?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2007, 05:41:12 pm »
Buy yourself an Omnipole hot water unit. I had mine installed just before this weather dipped to below freezing. Perfect timing. Lovely having heat on tap when I fancy and nice hot, soft hoses ;D

NWH

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2007, 05:43:12 pm »
Wayne can you give me some info on thst unit please,that`s the one i`m thinking of getting next year ie how easy to use-how expensive,and how much room it takes up.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2007, 06:04:07 pm »

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2007, 06:04:19 pm »
Wayne can you give me some info on thst unit please,that`s the one i`m thinking of getting next year ie how easy to use-how expensive,and how much room it takes up.

NWH:
Dead easy to use the water heater. I posted the details in a previous thread to do with Ionic heater systems. Uses 1 litre of diesel an hour if running permanently. Can run it on red diesel for less than half the price. Heater dimensions are on Omnipole's website (takes up about 2.5ft by 2ft very approx.  The only thing you've got to watch out for is: if running your pumps and heater off of two 12volt batteries linked together via split charge relay and you're running heater and pumps continuously all day non stop then you will definitely have to top up, charge both batteries overnight because of the amps drawn fromthe batteries. The heater draws 6 or 6.5 amps an hour. Overall verdict on the heater: it's very good and simple to use.

Conflagration2000

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 06:05:02 pm »
A simple lit candle will prevent the inside of your van from dropping below freezing. Just make sure it's on a solid base, maybe in bowl. The seals around the doors and the floor aren't perfect so the amount of air coming into the van will ensure the candle remains lit.

Before any of you start screaming that this won't work, my Dad is a retired plumber and that's how they used to prevent pipes within complete roof voids from freezing.
Just like that

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2007, 06:12:47 pm »
A simple lit candle will prevent the inside of your van from dropping below freezing. Just make sure it's on a solid base, maybe in bowl. The seals around the doors and the floor aren't perfect so the amount of air coming into the van will ensure the candle remains lit.

Before any of you start screaming that this won't work, my Dad is a retired plumber and that's how they used to prevent pipes within complete roof voids from freezing.
I am going to try that just to see if it works, I can see the logic.

Still need a long term solution.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2007, 06:13:25 pm »

How do Jews keep warm in the winter?

They all sit around a candle :)

How do Jews keep warm on a very, very cold day?

They light the candle ;D

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »

How do Jews keep warm in the winter?

They all sit around a candle :)

How do Jews keep warm on a very, very cold day?

They light the candle ;D
why the gag about jews ?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2007, 06:19:20 pm »
Jews are meant to be tight :) (No offence to any Jews reading this forum) :) :) :)

The Jew gag is related to the candle heating the van :)

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2007, 06:22:13 pm »
Jews are meant to be tight :) (No offence to any Jews reading this forum) :) :) :)
I think that is a total myth, I have many on my rounds, and are by far one of the best customers to have IMO.

I am guessing the post will be edited by admin. as not very PC  :-X

Radio 1 edited a song that had f*g**t in, what is the UK coming to  :-[

Conflagration2000

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2007, 06:31:23 pm »
Radio 2 didn't ;)
Just like that