This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

adl

Employing Casual Staff from Inland Revenue
« on: November 16, 2004, 08:52:28 pm »
Following a meeting with the Inland Revenue Business Support Team today, i bought up the subject of Casual staff and asked them about it.

They responded by telling me that LEGALLY Casual staff can only be employed if for instance they were to be used for a one off job, say for instance, a couple of days at a weekend, and you were not likely to use there services again.

However should there wages for the odd days be over the minimum threshold for tax and insurance then they will be classed as employed and you must deduct NI and TAX where applicable on a week 1 basis.

If however you use the same person maybe 1 or 2 days a month every month then they will be classed as employed.

I hope this is of use to the many of you that have posted about this subject in the past.

I will say that even though this has come from the inland revenue i advise you all to check this out to be clear in your own minds abouth the law ( i dont want to be sued)

regards Dave ADL