Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

Prowler TM
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:51:01 pm »
Just had my first day out there as a PROWLER user, and I must say that I'm mighty impressed with the sheer power, suction and speed of the machine.

It's extremely easy to use, not overly complicated and the savings on time are huge, far more than I had originally expected, the dog even got a walk around the lake mid afternoon as I had done everything by 2pm!

I even (stupidly) cleaned a terracotta berber lounge carpet, to the absolute delight of the customer, only to notice when I was wrapping up the hoses that I hadn't had the chemical feed connected! :-[

Many thanks to John for getting me set up at very short notice and for not switching his phone off today!! and to Lynn for the flowers to soften the blow to Sue!!

Got a hotel to clean tomorrow, which I have been delaying until the machine arrived, it normally takes two of us 5-6 hours with the extracta, lets see how it goes tomorrow.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Prowler TM
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:45 pm »
Congratulations perhaps you'll let us know how you get on with it?

Shaun

PS You'll only need 1 man 5-6 hours now on that hotel.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:00:56 pm »
now imagine how impressed you would have been if you'd got a real truckmount :D

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:07:50 pm »
oooooooooooo

now that wasn't called for!

Wait until the new Prowler 15hp with direct drives comes out next year sometime.

Shaun

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
Welcome to the easy life ;D

Fred Gullan

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 05:50:30 pm »
Did 3 carpeted staircases in Edinburgh yesterday with my Prowler. 3 floors  , stairs and corridors. Took 3 hours on my own . it would have taken me all day with my portable. No dumping, no refilling and  high heat available where there was only one socket  so wouldn't have been able to use the heater on the porty.

Happy days  ;D

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:21:47 pm »
I'm getting used to it and I like it.  Didn't do all the hotel today as I now need a good hand tool for the stairs.   It must have a bypass, that can cope with the heat and the pressure, any suggestions?  My extracta 6" tool (which I love) lasted about 2 minutes even at only 150psi, the HP hose turned to putty under the heat and the hose blew off at the male connector!

Spoke to PMF tools in America and they have suggested Prochem or Ashby's.

will_turton

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 08:33:47 pm »
hydramaster do a cracking stair tool, wouldnt be without it

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 08:55:49 pm »
Woodbridge also sell PMF tools and probably are the cheapest but don't forget John Kelly he has some also.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 09:01:42 pm »
If you can't find a stairtool with a bypass fit a bigger jet into one you have, you need to create more flow through the machine.

you can also make a bypass to fit directly into the valve on the front of the machine which will stop you needing a bypass on any of your tools it would work the same as if it was fitted to your tool.

Mike

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 09:11:20 pm »

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »
from what  I've read on theses forums  the Prowler has a problem controling the heat, this is why you need a bypass on the tools to keep water flowing through the machine. an additional bypass fitted after the heat exchanger would cure this.

after all this is what lionhearts wants, its just fitted earlier on in the supply hose

Mike

stevegunn

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 09:35:10 pm »
I used to open the bypass on the machine slightly when using my cfr tool this stopped it dumping as much.No use drimaster and have no problems

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 10:27:05 pm »
The Prowler has 2 bypasses on the machine. One before the exchanger and one after. This doesn't get away from the fact that on a winters day you will have upto 150' of cold water sitting in your solution hose. When cleaning upholstery it can be some time before hot water displaces this cold water on any truckmount. The alternatives are to discharge this cold water outside or into a bucket or the easier option to use a handtool with a bypass which enable you to bleed off the cold water and start cleaning straight away.
It is also usefull if you need to take a phone call or move some furniture as cracking the bypass open keeps the water hot but also prevents the machine bypassing. This saves water as any truckmount which bypasses uses a lot of water until it cools off.

*paul_moss

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 07:38:10 pm »
John dont let Mike wind you up. I have seen the Prowler in all its glory and its a great machine.
If he carries on we will have to set the Ingram on him. :)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »
I'm not winding anyone up, yes the Prowler is an excellent machine, so excellent it can stand up against anything I might say.

on this post I said it should have a second bypass after the heat-exchanger and John says it has, so we are in agreement :D :D

on another post I said I'd rather have a waste tank instead of sending the crap through the blower  sorry this was a bit of a windup, I know all the crap is filtered out before the blower ;)

Mike

*paul_moss

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 08:26:42 pm »
Hey Halliday dont get so touchy, im only giving John a bit of support  ;) not that he needs it mind.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 10:01:41 pm »
Mike, maybe after the Xmas I can bring one down so you can have a play with it, then give me an honest opinion.

*paul_moss

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 10:09:18 pm »
John I would give the machine to trial to some one who may put it through its paces better than Halliday, maybe Alan Booker.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Ian Rochester

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:58 pm »
I've ran it today with 100' of 2" hose and a further 50' of 1.5" whip line and the performance and suction still far out performed the Extracta Exel.

I know people are saying that long whip lines reduce the vacuum, but I can honestly say that I didn't notice any real difference from using it with just 10' of whip line and it is a hell of a lot more manageable than the 2".

Lifted the whole machine out this afternoon (2 of us) in about 3 minutes so that we could do a house clearance, came back and put it all together again in about the same time.  All that was involved was diconnecting 2 hoselock connectors and 2 spade connectors (as I've mounted a flojet pump onto the plylining for better water pressure when pressure washing)  Lift it out of its cradle and out of the van. 

Try that with your Boxxer, etc.  For me this is one of it's biggest selling points, it has the functonality and power of a TM, but the ease of taking it out whenever you need to in a matter of minutes and therefore gives us a lot more flexibility in the use of the vehicle.