Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

md_cleaning

Prochem, Pure cure
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:44:21 pm »
Just seen this in a mag I get sent, anybody tried it and if so how does it compare to other powders on the market?
 Dave

lands

Re: Prochem, Pure cure
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 04:36:28 pm »
Whats it for?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:58 pm »
Hi Guys

It's a misleading advert it's actually Prochem Pureclean, which is sodium tripolyphosphate which is the chemical commonly know as a microsplitter.

I have been using it for over a year and now clean 90% of my suites with it and about 60% of carpets.

I also use it as a prespray in the traditional MS way.

A good product.

Cheers

Doug

Phil Marlor

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:10:03 pm »

How are you Doug,

Been using it myself, when you say 60% of carpets, what type of carpet do/dont you use it on, somtimes wonder if it's strong enough.

You say you also use it as a pre-spray, I thought it was only a pre-spray.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 06:02:14 pm »
Hi Phil

I'm well thanks , hope you are too.

I use it as an in tank chemical on most of the those off white carpets irrespective of composition really.

On dirty carpets particularly PP I will use a stronger detergent such a Double Clean or Formula 90.

On lightly soiled carpets I use as a prespray only.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 06:06:26 pm »
Doug with the off white carpets do you use a prespray?

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 06:17:34 pm »
Hi Shaun

Yes , usually several different ones, I always think a prespray is worth the effort as it loosens the dirt.

Sometimes I will use a strong prespray and  a light rinse, other times the other way round, depends on the type of soiling.

Cheers

Doug

richie

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:34 pm »
i have used Pure Clean many times with FANTASTIC results on domestic carpets, commercial carpets, offices(low profile carpets) and upholstery.   I have found that it outperforms the likes of Solutions/microsplitters.  I posted comments regarding Pure Clean on Clean Talk regarding how good it was and gave a diary of events and as no surprise my posts were deleted. 

If anyone hasnt tried Pure Clean yet i urge you to give it a go.  It outperforms MS in quality & price.

Richie.

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 11:57:48 pm »
I use Pure clean with a splash of M power acting as a booster on synthetics with great results.

Mark

lands

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 04:25:19 pm »
Doug

The product still has the usual phosphates etc so does that mean we can't market it as eco-friendly?

Pete

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 05:58:27 pm »
Hi Pete,

You eat it so I think that makes it pretty green.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_tripolyphosphate

I believe this is the greenest optopin available to us at present.

Cheers

Doug

lands

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 06:12:02 pm »
Spoke to Ron Tilley's Daughter about it and she was'nt that sure but I have some on order so will try it out. Obviously did'nt get offered a sample.

Pete

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 11:28:42 pm »
If any company wants to know how to promote their business without all the extra bull****.Do a sales course with Ron Tilley,the man has done it all and has the T shirt .

With the geatest respect
                                                                   Mark

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 05:30:26 am »
Doesit require a lot of extra aggitation like microsplitters

richie

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 10:55:46 am »
Hi Ian,
 No it does need all the aggressive agitation as with the likes of MPOWER and MS.  As with just about any chemical agitation does improve the cleaning.   I have only agitated Pure Clean once or twice.   Works well with or without and OUTPERFORMS MPOWER,  Pure Clean works on all different types of carpet unlike others that is a hit n miss.

Richie.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »
Ian,

As Doug has pointed out Pure Clean is made up of sodium tripolyphosphate which is the main ingredient of every microsplitter like solutions or one-step so the difference is minimal, you will need the same agitation as ms depending on fibre and dirt level.

Chemicals like m-power and nemisis should require less agitation due to the active ingredients normal ms dont contain, I find they out perform ms easily and keep working after you have left. But, like Doug I know what works and when to use it, so experimentation is best to find what suits you.

bennymon

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 05:10:44 pm »
i picked up a sample at the carpet cleaners day out and ive been very pleased with the results  :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 05:37:31 pm »
I have a love hate relationship with colloidals but still end up going back to MS, I've experimented loads with it but I still find them lacking on upholstery.

Shaun

richie

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 11:45:32 pm »
Mark,
Have you used Pure Clean?  I have found that the aggitation speeds up cleaning sometimes but generally speaking i can get the same results without the agitation.   

The good thing about Pure Clean is that it works on wool & poly prop (as does MS) unlike MPOWER.  I dont like the idea of having to soak the carpets with pre-spray (as you do with MPOWER) which is another reason i would not use MPOWER.  With Pure Clean & MS its just the normal spray.

Richie.

Ian Puckett

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 01:13:17 pm »
Richie

you come out with more than a feild full of cows