This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Hot Marketing
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 12:10:36 pm »
Just another stupid thought - if your trad cleaner used hotter water than his competitor would it get him more work. "my man wears marigolds and uses the hottest water in town".

All things being equal if the customer thought that hotter water would clean her windows better remove all grime completely etc etc then YES the man with the hottest water would gain more work.

Why?.....Because the customer believes they are getting something better, and thats what counts.

Mark
that really depends on the sales man selling that service  ;) to prove my point:
Had customer the other day, me and another window cleaner quoting for same job the other guy was charging £12 I quoted £25 and got the job, why we have same stuff his water may have been warmer than mine aswell dont know, I sold myself service better and provide a quality service  ;)

Davo

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 01:17:03 pm »
Ian (Windy washers)you really should try reading the posts. "All things being equal..."

So she bought your service because in her mind she was buying the better option, whatever that was.

Does that not reinforce what I have previously posted about  "the customers perception..."??

Mark

Neil271052

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »
Just another stupid thought - if your trad cleaner used hotter water than his competitor would it get him more work. "my man wears marigolds and uses the hottest water in town".

Probably correct.

One reason some customers prefer trad is that they can see the frothy warm water in the bucket as opposed to the "clean water" washing system of a WFP.

That is when customer perception is important but at the end of the day if they get clean windows at the lowest price, that is all they care about.

I wouldn't think about it too deeply.  ;)
Cheers,
Neil

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »
i think you dont need to sell your hot water method or advertise it its how well it works, and im sure it works great, it adds to how professional you look and makes it a bit quicker and easier for you

how hot is the water heated? when wfping with it does the water steam off the windows and dry pretty much after you rinse down? i think customers dont like seeing the windows all wet at the end, or running down there walls but they will like it if they see the windows dry off really quick with this system and then they can see the benefits of pure /hot water fed poles systems quicker. and if its hot the water would evaporate from the walls quickly. I like the idea of this system.

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 02:22:45 pm »
Thanks for all your comments. There is a well known company that make and market a hot system very professonaly already. Unfortunately they have also bagged a lot of the best words and phrases and have them copyrighted- hence my asking for alternatives.

I was surprised by the level of ignorance and hostility surrounding this, an open mind is a wonderfull thing.

Davo, if you do have some examples or analogies I would like to see them please.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 02:35:03 pm »
Ian (Windy washers)you really should try reading the posts. "All things being equal..."

So she bought your service because in her mind she was buying the better option, whatever that was.

Does that not reinforce what I have previously posted about  "the customers perception..."??

Mark
new you would pick that up davo (spark), forgot to add about the all thing being equal my , my mistake   ;)

IMO hot would be a better tool for commercial, domestic I personally think it would make very little difference, that's IMO so please dont go off on one  :P

Derek_Walker

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 03:32:32 pm »
I guess you could have 2 prices, one for cold water cleaning and a deluxe price for hot water. This way you could have the best of both worlds. Obviously you must know what the advantages are between the two. Iam sure that there will be domestic customers who would be willing to pay for the best just like any other trade. I cannot see why it would be only commercial clients that would go for this as usually they have a budget to look out for, and so look for the cheapest option.

Davo

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 03:52:28 pm »
here are some thoughts I came up with over a 20 minute period obviously what is suitable for you is down to your own personal preference but hopefully it will give you some ideas of what message I think will make a difference to the customer.

Large sparkling diamond superimposed over a gleaming window....

NEW IMPROVED HOT WATER CLEANING SYSTEM

"Dont let your dirty windows leave you feeling out in the cold"

"Cuts through dirt and grime for a dazzling diamond shine"

"For a smear free dazzling diamond shine every time"

"Now the heat is on"

The best just got better......Pure Hot Water Cleaning System 

or a devil with the flames (Heat) lapping arround him holding a wfp cleaning upstairs windows

"For a devil of a clean HOT pure water cleaning"

Whatever you decide it has to convey the fact that the heat makes a real difference to the quality of the cleaning and the finish.

Hope this gives you food for thought.

Mark

Davew

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 04:06:48 pm »

I was surprised by the level of ignorance and hostility surrounding this

No ones being hostile just a healthy debate and expressing opinions. Mind you call us ignorant and things could change. :)

Count Phil

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 04:12:51 pm »
I'm going to nick some of them when I go hot davo.

Davo

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2007, 04:46:08 pm »
Looked at a couple of your previous posts mr solubility  and was wondering if you are looking for a "technobabble" word to describe your technology. If so ..........

Thermoclenze Technology

ThermoDeIonised

Calorified Pure Water

Thermofeed/ Thermofed

Calorcleanse

Is that what you were looking for?

Mark

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2007, 04:53:58 pm »
I don't doubt that hot cleans better than cold,... I do doubt whether the customers will care enough that you'll even recoup your "Hot" advertising expenses, let alone make a profit.
I plan on getting a hot system quite soon. I'm not going to advertise except maybe a little on my website. If the custie is home and we get chatting I will tell them about the new equipment briefly,.. but its my opinion that hot water benefits the operator more than the householder, and I wouldn't expect any of my custies to be nearly as excited about it as me.
If you're going to spend money on advertising anyway, then by all means do,... but IMHO your advertising will yield better results if you don't mention "Hot" or even "WFP",.. simply "the cleanest windows in town".

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2007, 06:07:46 pm »
I don't doubt that hot cleans better than cold,... I do doubt whether the customers will care enough that you'll even recoup your "Hot" advertising expenses, let alone make a profit.
I plan on getting a hot system quite soon. I'm not going to advertise except maybe a little on my website. If the custie is home and we get chatting I will tell them about the new equipment briefly,.. but its my opinion that hot water benefits the operator more than the householder, and I wouldn't expect any of my custies to be nearly as excited about it as me.
If you're going to spend money on advertising anyway, then by all means do,... but IMHO your advertising will yield better results if you don't mention "Hot" or even "WFP",.. simply "the cleanest windows in town".
I agree to all that, the last bit the most, advertise wfp you will put of customers, why do you think I did not advertise it on my new van?

the reason is there are alot of new wfp'er coming on the scene using it thinking they can save time straight away using wfp or have no clue about the trad method, they do a bad job, leave windows spotty, then come on here moaning that they lose customers why because it takes time to get the result. You cannot be quick at the start as with trad. I know this as I have been wfp for 2 weeks, have had no complaints, why I take my time, I even convert new customers that say wfp is rubbish leaves marks (vine radio show proves my point on it ) I do it for them and they are over the moon.

rant over on the advertising side.

hot water cold water, water is water in most peoples eyes, as I said before it is the person that sells it to the customer (davo keep toys in pram :P ), the only thing is they have to live up to their sales pitch, something I always do.

advertise wfp IMO will lose you new work until the idiots that cant do it stop or learn by mistakes then get fed up with the bad name they have built for themselves(which will be soon enough, just like summer WC'S.

Am I having a bad weekend, I guess so, but every thing i say is true, maybe blunt but is true

Davo

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2007, 06:24:19 pm »
Well Ian your post may be very true, however it doesnt make a jot of difference to the original post. The original post didnt ask for an opinion on wether hot waterfed pole was any good, it simply asked for ideas on how it could be marketed to his potential customers.

So what you basically say is dont make any mention of the fact that the water  is heated, I presume that that fact could have been the major reason why he has invested in the equipment (and the benefits that go with it).

As a  salesman I thought you would understand the pros of selling benefits to customers (at double the money of your competitors)

Mark

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 06:29:44 pm »

As a  salesman I thought you would understand the pros of selling benefits to customers (at double the money of your competitors)

Mark

But what are the benefits to the customers? The windows dry a bit quicker,.. but for your standard 6 weekly clean, 99 times out of 100, cold will do the same job. How could you charge double for that???

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2007, 06:32:38 pm »
Well Ian your post may be very true, however it doesnt make a jot of difference to the original post. The original post didnt ask for an opinion on wether hot waterfed pole was any good, it simply asked for ideas on how it could be marketed to his potential customers.

So what you basically say is dont make any mention of the fact that the water  is heated, I presume that that fact could have been the major reason why he has invested in the equipment (and the benefits that go with it).

Mark
Davo you keep coming back so I have to keep replying to you, I have replied saying about the hot water ect, how to marketing it , I would not, why because people really will not care, commercial as I said yes they might (they might not) all they want is clean windows not the technical facts about it, I added IMO a helpful post early on.

And at double the price I charge to some of my competitors that cheap as I am ten times better at the job I do than some of the so called window cleaners in my area, some are just as good, I know quite a few, and some I dont want to now and some are totaly bad at there job hence why they charge peanuts, and for that you get monkey's :P.

I AWAIT YOUR REPLY Mark. as you seen to have a grumble to what I write.  ;)

But what are the benefits to the customers? The windows dry a bit quicker,.. but for your standard 6 weekly clean, 99 times out of 100, cold will do the same job. How could you charge double for that???
I see chinese whispers coming lol

Mark (davro) :P was not talking about hot water he was off topic, just like me

trevor perry

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:57 pm »
one company in latest cleaning magazine in saying hot pure water is to aggressive on some surfaces and can cause damage they say it better to use cold and add their chemicals. MARKETING and SALES you dont know who to believe they always push what they want to sell.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2007, 07:02:07 pm »
one company in latest cleaning magazine in saying hot pure water is to aggressive on some surfaces and can cause damage they say it better to use cold and add their chemicals. MARKETING and SALES you dont know who to believe they always push what they want to sell.
never believe everything you hear, hot cold same thing really in terms of product companies that produce hot systems will say it is beter (waiting for facts to be shown , still not seeing them anywhere  :-\ , add chemicals is a differnt ball game.

Davew

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 07:13:11 pm »
Just asked my missus if i turned up and told her i had a hot water system would she be prepared to pay more for the priveledge? Strangely no. I know it's not in keeping with the origional thread but it would be interesting to do a little research on potential customers before purchasing such a system. Likewise if i was to convert to one in the future could i then turn up at my regular customers door with "by the way madam i now have hot water so thats double my normal price please". Like i said before any benefits seem to be for the operator only. Maybe faster, nicer on the hands, maybe a longer season in a cold climate. I don't know. Perhaps those who have such a system should convince us who don't.

trevor perry

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2007, 07:16:28 pm »
i know what you mean ian, last year ionics where trying to sell hot system saying it kept your hands warmer in winter how this would work when the hot water in hose doesnt come in contact with hands takes some believing , i think that MARKETING is another word used instead of bull---t
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt