This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin-Swinscoe

£4 , £4 having a laugh
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:04:43 pm »
Had a new customer phone me up today from a village 7miles away. So i popped off down the road to give him an estimate in the hope that i would get a few more customers down there. Just to make sure that it was worthwhile travelling etc.. The house was a typical three bedroomed semi. told him the price would be £7(i'm in the midlands) and remained silent putting the onus on him. The poor bloke who was flabbergasted said that "was a rip off and no way can i afford that price" so i politley asked him how much his window cleaner charged him now, only to be told that "we ain't seem him for ages". I replied "well you won't see me for ages either not at those prices" off i walked.
i know i came over on the banana boat..... but hey atleast i was the driver ;)

G O A

Re: £4 , £4 having a laugh
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:36:33 pm »
i agree you cant justify driving 7 miles for 4 quid,although im only charging five have plenty in the areaand am gonna start charging at least 6
if i wasnt self employed i wouldnt work at all

NWH

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:19:24 pm »
I don`t care what part of the country your in that`s a joke,did that bloke step out of a tardis or something and say it is 1970 isn`t it.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:36 pm »
I usually retort and politely remind them that the days of George Formby are long gone!!! ;D ;D ;D
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Wrekin C S

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 03:53:59 pm »
Had a new customer phone me up today from a village 7miles away. So i popped off down the road to give him an estimate in the hope that i would get a few more customers down there. Just to make sure that it was worthwhile travelling etc.. The house was a typical three bedroomed semi. told him the price would be £7(i'm in the midlands) and remained silent putting the onus on him. The poor bloke who was flabbergasted said that "was a rip off and no way can i afford that price" so i politley asked him how much his window cleaner charged him now, only to be told that "we ain't seem him for ages". I replied "well you won't see me for ages either not at those prices" off i walked.
i know i came over on the banana boat..... but hey atleast i was the driver ;)

Are you WFP or traditional m8 - £4 joker!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 03:58:23 pm »
I don`t care what part of the country your in that`s a joke,did that bloke step out of a tardis or something and say it is 1970 isn`t it.

If he was out of the TARDIS, definitely don't do the inside windows (bigger inside than out).