This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

Re: Non window cleaners using this site.
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 09:25:46 pm »
you see the problem is this. if we say yes ban trad window cleaners and the likes, then how could we convince trad w/c to become wfp, after all thats what this forum is all about,  i would say 99% of us where trade before joining this forum,

Bazzy1999

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:58 pm »
As far as i care everyone is welcome (Window cleaner or not)....

Bazzy...

marc

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 09:28:58 pm »
why would joe public want to go on this forum it would be pretty boring if your not into window cleaning/cleaning they may have a look but you would not want to keep coming back on all the time would you                     marc

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 09:33:04 pm »
why would joe public want to go on this forum it would be pretty boring if your not into window cleaning/cleaning they may have a look but you would not want to keep coming back on all the time would you                     marc
thats is a good point, now why didnt I think off that  ::) :-[

LWC

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 09:40:05 pm »
my friends call me sad for coming on here...customers really arent gonna come on here....

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 09:41:04 pm »
I'll say this though.....some of you window cleaners are like no other tradespeople, you really do have a chip on your shoulder about being 'just' a window cleaner. Why? Its an honest job and you work hard....i am 'just' a domestic, i spend my days cleaning up after people and cleaning lavs...so what? I love my job and my clients depend on me to be there to help them. I am my own boss and i get a lot of satisfaction from what I do.

Some of the comments on here (especially the things that people say about their customers) scare me. You dont hear about carpet cleaners egging peoples windows because of an alleged dispute.

'Get over it' would sum it up.....you work hard and you do an honest job. Be proud of what you are.

Stephen

I've never really taken comments about egging etc seriously myself.  I'm sure we've all had fantasies about what we would like to do when we've been treated badly by a customer but as for actually carrying them out ..........  that's another thing entirely.  I read such posts as someone saying that they feel like egging someones windows.

I'll have mine scrambled thanks   :)

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 10:35:03 pm »
i welcome non wc coming on here to take a look. Let's face it, you'd have to be a bit of an anorak to come here if you weren't in the trade or needed some advice.
At least if joe public did come here in their droves they would probably be extremely grateful towards their wc that they are only paying him £? instead of the fortunes that are being mentioned here.
It's a bit like bnq not selling ladders to the public cos they might get off their a$$ and go up a ladder to do their own work.
We all exist because the public is either too lazy or too time poor to do everything for themselves.
If they would like to have a glimpse into our world, why not? You can guarantee that most if not all will take a look and clear off again, thinking that it isn't for them.
We shouldn't be trying to close the barn door just because we are already safely inside. We aren't the 1st nor will we be the last. That's just a fact of life.

Bertie Boo

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 10:42:39 pm »
i welcome non wc coming on here to take a look. Let's face it, you'd have to be a bit of an anorak to come here if you weren't in the trade or needed some advice.
At least if joe public did come here in their droves they would probably be extremely grateful towards their wc that they are only paying him £? instead of the fortunes that are being mentioned here.
It's a bit like bnq not selling ladders to the public cos they might get off their a$$ and go up a ladder to do their own work.
We all exist because the public is either too lazy or too time poor to do everything for themselves.
If they would like to have a glimpse into our world, why not? You can guarantee that most if not all will take a look and clear off again, thinking tht it isn't for them.
We shouldn't be trying to close the barn door just because we are already safely inside. We aren't the 1st nor will we be the last. That's just a fact of life.

Exactly.

Although anyone who feels that people arent paying enough for window cleaning have only the WC to blame, after all i've never told a WC what i'll pay him, he's always told me his price.

Stephen

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 10:44:39 pm »
If they would like to have a glimpse into our world, why not? You can guarantee that most if not all will take a look and clear off again, thinking tht it isn't for them.

Exactly.

Although anyone who feels that people arent paying enough for window cleaning have only the WC to blame, after all i've never told a WC what i'll pay him, he's always told me his price.

Stephen
very good point there and from mark 2

matt

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 10:49:37 pm »

its pretty boring even if you are a window cleaner ;)

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 10:51:38 pm »

its pretty boring even if you are a window cleaner ;)
Boring  :o I think it's great, I love to learn and also help others is a great feeling  ;D

gary999

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 10:53:16 pm »
i have mentioned this forum to people i know

they just pee themselves laughing >:(

i dont see the need for paranioa i agree with  what most have posted :)

macmac

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 11:38:48 pm »
There are loads of people on here i wouldn't class as window cleaners ;D

tony

Bertie Boo

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 11:50:13 pm »
There are loads of people on here i wouldn't class as window cleaners ;D

tony

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 07:44:51 pm »
If you conduct your window cleaning on a professional level as a business and don't take customers groans and moans too personally or egg their windows then you have nothing to fear from Joe Public reading this forum.
Only the foolish, immature, inexperienced window cleaners who write idiotic remarks describing their customers with every name under the sun and who describe their foolish behaviour against  their customers have anything to fear on here :)

Jago

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 11:37:37 pm »
I think we should have contact details and area as manditory fields
If you have nothing to hide then why would there be a problem in posting these details
Just a thought
To Do Is To Dare

rugby

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 01:08:34 am »
IM NOT PARANOID BUT I KNOW YOUR ALL WATCHING ME  :o

;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 02:31:00 am »
I think we should have contact details and area as manditory fields
If you have nothing to hide then why would there be a problem in posting these details
Just a thought

Email addresses on a profile attract spam.  If I had to use an email addy on my profile, I would start a new hotmail or yahoo account specially for it.

pingu

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 08:28:44 am »
I for one believe that this is a public forum....if people want 'private' why not start one where you can keep it private.

As for having to post my details....I do not think it has any bearing...

dai

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »
It seems to me to be a bit sad, logging on to a window cleaning site if you have no interest in window cleaning.
Having said that, if I needed to remove a stain from my leather sofa, I would ask the guys on the other side of the forum for advice.
If someone comes on here to learn something, good luck to them.
Computer voyeurism is a growing hobby for some. Better they come on here than visit limewire for more unsavory material. Dai