This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen Dwyer

Re: do you get messed about a lot?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 09:33:26 pm »
I have been messed about a bit in the last few months by about 4 customers.  They were not in so I cleaned the windows leaving a note and a SAE so they could send me the payment.  Here I am several months later and still no payment.  They never answer when I visit their houses and fail to respond to notes.  It is bad enough that it seems that I have lost them as customers but to not get paid for a job you have done is even worse.  I don't have many customers as it is so I can't really afford to loose any.    :(

mike richardson

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 09:37:18 pm »
if i had 2 count the money ive lost from non payin customers who just forget u exist i scare myself

ive sent letters threatened court action they no that your not goin 2 persue it if its under £100

mark dew

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 10:34:45 pm »
ive sent letters threatened court action they no that your not goin 2 persue it if its under £100

Why don't you do it??
It only costs £35 to register the claim amd then it's out of your hands.
I've only had to do it once on a £35 job, but i would get more satisfaction if it bumped up someone from a £10 clean to £45.
The only thing i think is unprofessional is when window cleaners take on a customer and don't know their name.

mike richardson

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 10:37:37 pm »
ive got all names & address on comp of all customers records of all cleans goin back 20yrs,

how do you start the ball rolling with getin the money back from them thru courts etc??????

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 10:41:46 pm »
all online from here.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/login.jsp

It's one of the best tips i've had from this site. Tosh put it up 1st.
It allows us to be professional in getting our revenge.

mike richardson

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 10:42:35 pm »
whats the success rate ?????

have you used it a lot

mike richardson

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2007, 10:44:25 pm »
say i need a id & password ???

mark dew

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 10:48:06 pm »
say i need a id & password ???

i've only used it once. And was successful. You have to register and pay the £35 fee. Just follow the instructions.
All done from the comfort of your own home.

mark dew

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 11:18:08 pm »

xxmattyxx

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 11:29:04 am »
i had 1 like that the owner was in the 1st week of wfp

he watched me wfp pole tops sqeegee bottoms them came out &said he wasent paying me for using a hose pipe when he cud have done that

he wudnet even pay for dowms trad

so the lad who wokrs for me was in histerics when i got applicator out & a ladder & soaped  all ups & downs then told customer to stick his money lol.

i felt really good & the lad cudent believe id done it

bovered face bovered nope ;D

I just read this one out to my missus, she said and I quote
thats like not paying the chimney sweep as nowadays they use hoovers, instead of sending the village idiot up the chimney

I thought that was so accurate a comparison.

Matt

Sanity

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 07:51:43 pm »
I have been going just over 1 month, and have had my first 'messing about'today...

I have been out collecting (I know, old fashioned but allows me to interact with my customers) and visisted one of my éstate'customers.  She said, come back for your money Tuesday and I want to cancel, as does my neighbor. 

Ok, I said, but is there any specific reason? '   Yeah, you are sh*t at your job!  Well, All I could think to retort with was ''ŭou are wrong love, but whatever, goodbye''.  I have over 100 other satisfied customers, all very happy with the job I do...Anyhow, I knew she would be trouble from the start.  First clean I explained that I would not be cleaning any cracked windows...she wanted a discount.  2nd clean..I did 2 weeks from the first as agreed and noted on George...customer said that she wanted monthly and would cancel if I did it again...

I wish she could have just come out and said that I was too expensive, or that she couldn't afford the clean, or whatever instead of being insulting.  I take great pride in my work and felt quite hurt...

I was shocked!  I am gonna write off thies owed money as I know I won't get it.

Oh, and it's halloween soon.  My son is a great pitcher with an egg ;)  She might need a window cleaner when he is finished :D

Bertie Boo

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 07:54:22 pm »
.......And i thought my window cleaner had an immature streak  ::) ::) ::)

Stephen

xxmattyxx

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2007, 08:15:36 pm »
Nothing wrong with venting feelings.

Customers can and do get to you at some time or another, if they didnt we'd be super-human. No doubt in time you'll have forgotten all about her, chin up, best foot forward, onwards and upwards......it's meant to be dry for the foreseeable, so at least theres something to be positive about.

Mat