This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Re: How do you guys motivate youself?
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:22:13 pm »
Working to buy a house....

Real fireplace
Flagstone flooring
Aga cooker

Should keep me motivated for a few years  ;D

Seriously....targets....

Have targets set for all aspects of my business..

Weekly, monthly, yearly and have just reset my target for 2010.

I watch my numbers like a dis-gruntled tax officer.

Each working day is used to further my ability to increase to growth and profitabilty of my simple one man band empire.

Without keeping stock of the numbers I would not be able to keep perspective on the bigger picture....

Of course some will say that many w/c think about money too much....but money is not the be all and end all...it is just something we need and the little extra...allows choices.

I like to ability to choose.

Another way to keep motivated....I run my round by appointment...(sounds flash that!!)....customer know which day I will be with them...George tells me what to do and I follow blindly.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 09:35:28 pm »
I try to complete my list of jobs printed out from George for the day.

Work hardest on a Monday and the slackest on a Friday.

Also if I know the weather is going to change for the worst then I shift up a gear and get motivated to complete all my work so that if later that day, or the following day, it rains heavy, who cares, I'm off home to put my feet up or have the following day off accordingly.

A combination of all 3 of the above mentioned works for me!

quantum cleaning

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 09:36:19 pm »
my wifes the boss she writes up the schedule middle of the week for the following week, as we take on new work every week so every month is not the same start at 9.30 finish 4 ish aslong as we get the jobs in that week so theres no backlog everyones happy we do some appointments but the problem with appointments there are so many factors to take onboard bad weather for part of the day and so on ...keep thinking of the good things Ive always got  holiday booked never more than 4 months away and plenty of spare time with the kids and the wife

Mr.G

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 12:38:35 am »
laziness motivates me to do short hours I'm afraid.

supernova77

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 01:35:12 am »
I'm still trying to find what motivates me  ::)

I used to set targets and that helped a lot. Maybe I need to set some new ones!

Andy

pingu

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:07 am »
Lets face it...cleaning is repetitive, boring mundane work very much like working on a assembly line....

But it is all too easy to fixate on the boring, mundane part....but there are so many good things about this style of work and the fact that most of us have a very direct  say in our own business...some moan,bitch, gripe about their business and never seem to stop with all the moaning and there are those who see every slack/none work day as an opportunity to find more/better paying work.

This forum is like your local pub.....the character traits here will be found in your local dog and duck...

Motivation is a frame of mind ...I will never see my little small business as complete, when full I'll start getting rid of those jobs I dislike and replace them and then start looking at better money for work\effort expended...when happy with that...I'll look to replacing the jobs I simply just do not want or that interfere with something else I am looking to/for.

Name another job where this amount of control is available to the common man?

Book a holiday, buy the wife some bling, take up a hobby....go back to school, learn something else....or just put the extra cash away for that something special you might just want in the future.

Motivation means so many things to so many people...

Without a plan, motivation is hard to put into direct action...you have to know where your going to be able to plan the journey.

Right I am off out with a fist full of leaflets...

Jago

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 11:58:24 am »
LOL Pingu you are sooo right and so is Andy I am just off to Canvas as the job I was going to do today is a waste if I have no other houses there to do
So I am planning to get as much in that road and the surrounding roads to make next week viable
So far from scratch I have picked up 60 customers now I have my leaflets I want twice that amount

What Motivates me is the ex missus she thinks it will all collapse and go wrong

Me I want to build an empire for my boys to work with me when they are older
I will beat her on this as she is minted from her earnings and has the house

Me I want to earn the same from less time to spend it with the kids and help out
If it works its better off for us and the kids will love itas they get to see us more and can be propper provided for so everyone is a winner
Right nuff tapping on Lapdog and off uniformed up lol to canvess
Cya
To Do Is To Dare

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 07:42:37 am »
Poverty is a great motivator. Actually I find George is a great help because it tells you what to do each day. So all you do is print off the list and go do it.

But isn't it lovely when you get to the bottom of that list. Specially on a Friday,my last Job yesterday was 52 Collins Drive and as I rolled up my hose and packed my gear away I could her a voice calling me. It was a bottle of wine in the fridge back home!

Good luck with the canvassing Jago