This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: f.a.o. alex gardiner
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:18:58 pm »
Used my Hybrid today for the first time today and  it was a revelation.

Absolutely fantastic, it made the high parts of the job I had to do so easy, and saved me a lot of time putting a big unger together and lugging it about, And about breaking my back when I lever it over with the hose flapping everywhere.

I won't use it all the time because I'd rather bash about my £65 17'gf xtel which is also great. Some of the posts above mention whippiness in longer versions, well, I've got a 24'gf universal which might be sturdier but it's a pig, very heavy and like a scaffold pole. You soon get sick of using it.

Alex you haven't replied yet about the extra section I need.

Email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk and let me know what you need.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 04:40:40 pm »
Hi VG Window Cleaners

Still no email received.  I'll wait to hear from you if you still need me.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 04:51:31 pm »
I bought one of those throw -it- up poles (whatever they're called). nice and light, but for me, a nightmare to use, also no good for going over con' roofs

I think the "Throw it up pole" idea is fantastic for domestic or lower commercial work up to the 24' ish kind of mark,.. And its the main pole I use for my everyday work. I can't wait until more suppliers cop onto this kind of pole and start making them lighter and stiffer. The Peter Fogwill one I have is great,.. but at full extension it is very whippy.
He's a new one on the drawing board he tells me,.. but it'll be a couple of months before it's ready for sale.

steve m

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 05:24:41 pm »
couldnt get used to keeping hold of the water hose, also the bung in the bottom keeps coming out. Used  more water trying to hold up a collapsing pole or trying to put the bottom bung back in, than I did washing windows

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:01 pm »
You know you can unscrew the base cap,.. push the rubber bung inside the pole, and screw the cover back on???
You'll never have it pop out again!!

I'm still waiting for Gardiners to do a Superlite version of the same type pole!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 09:47:50 pm »
Funnily enough, I came up with the same idea about a year ago.  I had put together two prototypes which I used for about six months but discarded them as not being practical enough for retail sales.  If Peter manages to get them to work reliably enough, then credit to him.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 09:58:40 pm »
I held the pole in Blackpool, good concept but not very well executed back then. In all fairness to Peter it was a prototype but personally I dont like the idea of holding the hose, many people won't mind! Its nice for people to have different options anyway, so well done Peter, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 10:31:48 pm »
Peters current pole is tapers and occasionally sticks. Its also cylindrical sections that swivel inside each other,.. so the brush head swivels. He tells me the MKII pole sections will not taper so that fixes the sticking issue, and will be shaped so as to stop any spinning.
The current pole is good,.. but the new one will definitely be worth a try for any doubters out there.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 11:18:00 am »
Exel did something like that on their original Extender pole range. They still had clamps though.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 06:09:53 pm »
I like this kind of pole a lot,... but I can't wait for a new one to come on the market. Something stiffer and lighter, without the sticking or swivelling problems. I've been looking at poles for a while,.. If I can find a suitable one, I'll buy it and just remove the clamps and fit a stiffer pole hose to hold it up.
Clamp-less really is soooooo much faster on domestic work. Until you try it you just can't comprehend how much faster it is!

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 08:55:49 pm »
Alex
Got your email about the cost of the sections to change from 28' to 34' on my hybrid and I  have emailed back- what do I do phone Kirsty?

I am very gratefull. You definitely put the work In Alex.

The Hybrid is superb and it saves me a lot of time. When I've got the longer one I'll attempt a Luke type review.
 Clive

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 09:07:07 pm »
Hi VG

I have emailed you back (about 7.15pm) with some details.  If you email me your daytime phone number, I'll get Kirsty to phone you although if you do phone her and leave a message (and your number), she will get back to you - promise!