This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

f.a.o. alex gardiner
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:22:52 pm »
Alex

I am ready to buy one of your fibre glass xtel poles for higher windows looking at 24ft or 28ft apart from length which would you recommend and

do they come with the hose ready built in to the pole?

what brush should I buy with it?

which connector do I need to plug into my hose pipe?

how long for delivery?

Thanks
Andy

Alex Gardiner

Re: f.a.o. alex gardiner
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:32:47 pm »
do they come with the hose ready built in to the pole? If you select the Hose and connector option then yes it will come with hose. We set the site up this way so that people can just buy a bare pole if wanted.

what brush should I buy with it? Depends on what you prefer. I would recommend that on a taller pole like this you try out the cheaper Super-Lite brush as it is very easy to use, although the bristles will not last as long as a Vikan.

which connector do I need to plug into my hose pipe? This depends on what you have currently got on the end of your hose reel. If you use standard Hozelock type connectors (garden hose type) then select male Hozelock type connector. The other two connectors are the types that we supply and sell (Pro and EZ-Snap) only select these if you have a reel of hose for which we supplied the end connectors for.

how long for delivery? If you placed the order by tomorrow on the Web it will go out to you on Friday for next working day delivery (Monday).

I hope that this helps.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:37:21 pm »
Helps a lot thanks

How whippy is the 28ft pole compared to the 24ft and is there much difference?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:38:38 pm »
I saw abloke using one today,it`s almost unusable at that height in that material.

john tomkins

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 09:42:15 pm »
Alex

I am ready to buy one of your fibre glass xtel poles for higher windows looking at 24ft or 28ft apart from length which would you recommend and

how long for delivery?

Thanks
Andy

Andy, you'll regret it,
They are fine up to 21ft(think it's gazzasp8 that has it) I got the 18ft and its very good but go any higher and they bend real bad, go for the hybrid although it is ££££ more

Wrekin C S

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 09:56:45 pm »
Alex

how long for delivery?

Thanks
Andy

Andy, you'll regret it,
They are fine up to 21ft(think it's gazzasp8 that has it) I got the 18ft and its very good but go any higher and they bend real bad, go for the hybrid although it is ££££ more

If I went for the 28ft carbon would that be whippy? And from alex its £265 is there anything else on the market at this price thats as good?

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 10:07:51 pm »
According to Gardiners site charts the hybrid is one of the stiffest poles of it's type, I't the one I'm going for when I've saved my pennies up ;)

Wrekin C S

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 10:22:30 pm »
are you going for the 28tf?

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 10:31:51 pm »
Not immediately coz I can get that height with my carbon fishing pole but too much messing about carrying/putting together the sections so it will be my next purchase

Wrekin C S

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 10:38:01 pm »
I was gonna build my own out of a fishing pole but I need a pole b4 next week and as I have never built 1 before i'll probably mess it up anyway...

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:48:01 pm »
Where abouts are you?

Wrekin C S

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 01:40:05 am »
West midlands - Telford

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31:08 am »
The 28ft is whippier than the 24ft, but it is usable if paired with a lightweight brush.

The Hybrids are very much stiffer and are excellent poles, albeit pricier.

john tomkins

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 01:22:43 pm »
West midlands - Telford

Andy send me an email I'm not too far from you, either help with your fishing pole or you can borrow mine if it helps for that job you need, save you rushing into buying a pole

Wrekin C S

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 02:23:02 pm »
West midlands - Telford

Andy send me an email I'm not too far from you, either help with your fishing pole or you can borrow mine if it helps for that job you need, save you rushing into buying a pole

Thats really good of you mate thanks - I have just ordered that pole from alex so not in so much of a rush to build one now - however im still gonna build a fishing pole and you could give me a hand to build it if u dont mind - also you could use my hybrid too see if you lke it?

steve m

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 04:05:52 pm »
bought a 24ft xtel last week(glass fibre), arrived on monday and using a vikan rectangular brush, and have no problems at all. Cant see what all the fuss is about

john tomkins

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 04:16:02 pm »
West midlands - Telford

Thats really good of you mate thanks - I have just ordered that pole from alex so not in so much of a rush to build one now - however im still gonna build a fishing pole and you could give me a hand to build it if u dont mind - also you could use my hybrid too see if you lke it?

Glad you're sorted.
 For the fishing pole you want a "plastic taper pole end screw"  alex sells them if you ain't got one, it's under "pole spares" on his site

john tomkins

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 04:19:43 pm »
bought a 24ft xtel last week(glass fibre), arrived on monday and using a vikan rectangular brush, and have no problems at all. Cant see what all the fuss is about

Have you used it at 24ft yet?
When I tried one out, I moved the bottom of the pole sideways to clean the window  then  2 minutes later the top moved.
I'm exaggerating (a little) but it was way too floppy for me

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 06:38:59 pm »
Used my Hybrid today for the first time today and  it was a revelation.

Absolutely fantastic, it made the high parts of the job I had to do so easy, and saved me a lot of time putting a big unger together and lugging it about, And about breaking my back when I lever it over with the hose flapping everywhere.

I won't use it all the time because I'd rather bash about my £65 17'gf xtel which is also great. Some of the posts above mention whippiness in longer versions, well, I've got a 24'gf universal which might be sturdier but it's a pig, very heavy and like a scaffold pole. You soon get sick of using it.

Alex you haven't replied yet about the extra section I need.

steve m

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 09:14:38 pm »
I bought one of those throw -it- up poles (whatever they're called). nice and light, but for me, a nightmare to use, also no good for going over con' roofs