This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep cleaning a pub - what does it entail? New
« on: October 16, 2003, 06:33:46 pm »
hello,
        i am currently a windowcleaner and have been for 8 years now though i am currently trying to branch out into other areas, ie carpets upholstery ect .
Recently i have been asked to deep clean a pub but i am not quite sure what this entails,.
Any help on the matter would be much apprecited.
                                 Cheers scott ???

Musicman

Re: deep cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 06:56:18 pm »
Hi, could be a number of things - deep cleans mean different things to different people.

As a guideline it would probably include carpet cleaning, a toilet de-scale and wall/partition washdown, a kitchen deep clean (again what this would entail needs clarification) a high level clean - possibly including light fittings, and a wipe down of all gloss-work and walls.

You really need to agree exactly what is required with your client and confirm it in writing - this could avoid problems later.

As far as pricing is concerned you need to consider when the work is to be done (weekend or overnight work attracts premium rates) but for normal hours somewhere between £20 and £25 per man hour should be acceptable.

I hope this helps.

Musicman

PS. Don't forget your COSHH paperwork, risk assessments and method statements - just in case!
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 07:17:42 pm »
Re Deep Cleaning,
                                   Thanks for your reply,
      Appreciate it, scott

DP

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 03:39:55 am »
Its always better to get the scope of works agreed in writing as it  makes the client think about what they are asking.

This in turn will also assist you in getting the price, once they can see what it is you will be doing for the money.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!