Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary.coles

Re: 118 any good?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 07:11:59 pm »
Hi,

Bludy rubbish a lot of it is, all a load of bludy con merchants and robin hoods if you ask me  >:(

They can guarentee to take your money every time,but they can not guarentee you the work from it!

So realy you are on a loser straight away,its like trying to win the national with a dead donkey  ;D ;D

Keep your money i say  ;)

Regards G.  :)

Jon Caws

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 12:12:10 pm »
Will give it a go...haven't tried yet....

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 02:14:09 pm »
Jon
You going to give 118 a go??

Have you not read the comments on here??

Peter Foster

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:18 pm »
its cheap and doesnt work went with this in my local area and didnt get one job, until I called up and said I want to canel the agreement, somebody was due to call me later that day to talk to me about this but didnt call until the next day
BUT with that time scale I got an enquire mmmm!
Oh they didnt book in, maybe that was the call from them (did I say that out aloud)

Peter
www.fab-idea.co.uk

Pavel

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »
  I see the last post is quite old but it is quite relevant considering the financial situation recently. Furthermore would like to bring the topic back in the early-to-mid 2011 considering the need for advertising and the post financial stress situation.
  We have tried Yell.com over the past 3 years and the results were amazingly low. I mean - NILL. No comeback at all. And now they have come up with their new service, sounds quite cheap: web-design + hosting + SEO for just over £170 a month. Considering the prices for standard SEO it sounds good. On the other hand 118 has proven to be with lower results than Yell.com, based on comments and feedback from colleagues. 
   My personal opinion is that similar websites do not work for domestic cleaning, cannot say anything about commercial and contract though. And even with the strong position search engines are currently taking I believe 118, BT directory, etc will keep loosing clients until they come up with an idea to beat the competitiveness of on-line search engines. Mind that there you pay for what you get, but not for flat existence on a list of companies.
Everest Clean - Domestic and Home Cleaning Services in London.
Professional domestic helpers. London based and local cleaners.
Carpet Cleaning London
http://www.everestclean.com

steve scotter

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:50 pm »
Hi Paul

I haven't seen you about in a while!

I don't think it would be worth spending money with them.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Steve Scotter Tech IOSH
IOSH Registered Health and Safety Technical Practitioner
www. mould-detectives.co.uk
www. extreme cleaners training.co.uk

mathewl

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 11:53:10 am »
Calling 118 for carpet cleaning who tells you that. Just call professionals by searching on the site.

kevin brown

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 06:01:47 am »
GUYS!  save your money,
if you can just register with thompson local, and yell online.

thompson, blue phone book, and basic yell are free!!!!!!
then theres your  cleaning forums which can provide a link to your details.

why spend all that hard earned brass to line there pockets.

i learned the hard way!

lynn x

Quite agree with you that Thomson Local and Yell are two perfect place to advertise about our business and besides of them yellow pages is also a recommendable option as they give you direct leads which converts into business deals. Forums are also growing as advertisement places for businesses. 

Sam Duckworth

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 07:30:42 am »
I would not recommend 118 - they tend to take a lot of time to respond!

Mike Nummer

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 09:13:24 am »
I think that 118 is very good.

CamKrist

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 11:15:30 am »
Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed.
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Laura Read

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 10:27:22 am »
I've not heard great things about yell or 118! For domestic services I think most people would do a Google search eg: 'window cleaners in...' so it's important to get yourself on page 1 of Google if you have a website. The good news is that SEO can be free if you're willing to do the research and make a few vital onsite changes. Google Adwords also works extremely well for us when set up correctly  :)
Currently working for: http://www.maid2clean.co.uk/ :)

Katie Spencer

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 01:24:12 pm »
I would say Yell is better than 118 because at least the shows up on google search results when someone search for cleaning services.
Business Mentor

Apex Cleaners Slough Ltd
http://www.apex-cleaners.co.uk