This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

Re: How much is this work worth?
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2007, 06:06:06 pm »
i really dont understand how people can say its worth 2x , 3x , 4x a clean???? ???

I mean wot if Joe had £2500 work on a 4 weekly rota takes up the full 4 weeks and dave has £2500 work on a 4 weekly rota but does it in 2weeks how can these be worth the same??

Im i the only one that thinks like this?

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:48 pm »
i really dont understand how people can say its worth 2x , 3x , 4x a clean???? ???

I mean wot if Joe had £2500 work on a 4 weekly rota takes up the full 4 weeks and dave has £2500 work on a 4 weekly rota but does it in 2weeks how can these be worth the same??

Im i the only one that thinks like this?
Nope.  Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and that is fact.

ronnie paton

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 06:16:10 pm »
ye course but people say o its 3x times a clean the norm so people get this is the head and think that is what its worth to buy/sell but sutley its value is depenandt on the time taken to earn the money the quality of the work, how long the person has had the work ect ect

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 06:21:40 pm »
ye course but people say o its 3x times a clean the norm so people get this is the head and think that is what its worth to buy/sell but sutley its value is depenandt on the time taken to earn the money the quality of the work, how long the person has had the work ect ect
IMO that is the only way to sell, if work is very good the price will be higher, very bad lower, you do see 2x 3x 4x 5x for domestic and commercial 3x upwards 10x is a joke IMO as contracts change more in commercial than domestic unless they are guareteed, and at 10x I would want that guarentee for at least three times the price I would pay.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2007, 06:25:38 pm »
I will pay upto 10 times no problem for any quality commercial work that fits in with mine.

Davo

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 06:33:44 pm »
Why is commercial rated so much higher than domestic??

If you lose 2 of those big paying jobs then your income drops dramatically

Lose 2 domestic jobs ( on a round producing the SAME hourly rate ) and you would never notice the difference.

Surely wether domestic or commercial its all about the hourly rate the work produces.

£30 an hour on commercial doesnt make you any richer than £30 an hour on domestic, that is until you come to sell it.

Mark

Mike_G

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 06:35:18 pm »
10 x for commercial I wouldn't, you never know how long you may keep it for.

As or subbing out the work great while you keep the work but if you were to lose the work for whatever reason it ain't worth a bean. Just a thought for you to consider.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 06:41:37 pm »
if some one was selling £100'000 a year  shop round, would you not work the round for one year for nothing,
 knowing that for the next 20 years you will have £100'000 a year in your pocket, getting the same return when you sell it.

For me that is perfect business sense, would i pay the same for houses ? no probably not.

The beauty of commercial is that it can be done in all weather and all hours, just last night i cleaned a supermarket canopy, then at 10.00 pm i cleaned another 2 large store fronts.

I needed to get these jobs out of the way so Sunday was ideal , what other jobs could you do at these times

* mike RH

Re: How much is this work worth? New
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 06:46:13 pm »

if some one was selling £100'000 a year  shop round, would you not work the round for one year for nothing,
knowing that for the next 20 years you will have £100'000 a year in your pocket, getting the same return when you sell it.

For me that is perfect business sense, would i pay the same for houses ? no probably not.

I totally agree.

eddie d

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 07:02:20 pm »
the problem is ,none of the work is guarnteed .a change of manager or buisness owner and your out on your ear .so there is a considerable risk to the buyer.thats why i think its value isnt as great as you may like .
especially as the higher the prices the higher risk of being undercut .

ronnie paton

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 07:25:32 pm »
but nither is it if you buy a cafe a shop a marketing business anything there is competition in every kind of work.

Davo

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 07:33:05 pm »
the problem is ,none of the work is guarnteed .a change of manager or buisness owner and your out on your ear .so there is a considerable risk to the buyer.thats why i think its value isnt as great as you may like .
especially as the higher the prices the higher risk of being undercut .

That surely must increase the value of good paying domestic work. The risk is spread over many customers, lose 1 or 2 it doesnt hurt. Lose a couple of big commercial jobs and your looking at having to find comparatively alot of work to replace the lost income. Also with commercial there are more companies chasing the work.

Mark

eddie d

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 07:55:20 pm »
personally id prefer to buy a good domestic round over a comercial round .domes are much more loyal .

mike has had a good run on this work ,but i wouldnt count on it lasting forever .

and as someone who subs out work ,its not always as simple as sending off the invoice and collecting the cq .

a subby wi8ll soon realize that he can earn more than 150 a day on his own .

good luck

Spursboy1972

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 08:01:06 pm »
Mike it seems that 10x is a fair price. It appears to be quality work on the surface. Although I would like a shot at it, if I am honest in your shoes I would keep it and just sub it out.

If any of it is in my area and you need help (with subbing it out) then feel free to give me a shout

Tony
07917 623633
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

marc

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2007, 10:14:47 pm »
mike if in the essex area then i would be interested or within traveling distance of essex 07771723668 or 01702 617717 marc if not then good luck anyway

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2007, 10:20:04 pm »

The beauty of commercial is that it can be done in all weather and all hours, just last night i cleaned a supermarket canopy, then at 10.00 pm i cleaned another 2 large store fronts.

I needed to get these jobs out of the way so Sunday was ideal , what other jobs could you do at these times
timing yes have to agree with you, but 20 years doing commercial work now as like trying to find rocking horse ==== you may well buy it for 10x then some new company charges less than you and wins round the person by taking them out for dinner ect = you paying money for nothing, domestic work in my eyes is a stronger asset than commercial any day of the week, i do both and commercial is a harder kettle of fish thats only IMO

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 11:02:51 pm »
Yes i am wfp, what you are talking about is worth just under £13k per year, Ive just bought £8k per year worth of work for £1250.00. No work is worth more than  3 times the monthly income. Oh and to answer your question my Pro 5 was a great investment.
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

Pj

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 11:04:42 pm »
It's worth what it's worth to the highest bidder who wants it at the end of the day.

You could rent it to someone and collect £250 pw for doing nothing, if it's really going to deliver what you say it will.  While you decide what to do.

My guess is you just want to realise your worth and carry on with renewed motivation.

If you sell you will get max £7,000 no more.

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2007, 11:05:46 pm »
£2500 LOL,you can`t even buy a good van for that let alone a business that`s gonna give you a living,behave yourself.

Bought a 91 nissan 2.3 vanette £2200.00 ,  30.000 on the clock, sorry your wrong again
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

ronnie paton

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2007, 11:11:35 pm »
ant how can you say no work is worth more than 3 times its monthly income???

you are saying no matter how long it takes or how diifficult or easy it may be its valued at the same price if it brings in the same amount.

crazy :-\