This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: why do people brag about the money they earn
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 10:59:28 pm »
With WFP you should be earning £200 a day standing on your head.

Nah.  When I work upside down it definitely drops to about £150

Kwackers

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 11:01:39 pm »
I'd  to think if i have a full days cleaning i'd be earning in excess of £150, of course what you take home to the table is a different story.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 05:58:48 pm »
wish i could earn 150 a day how do i do that then

djhaydn

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 04:38:49 pm »
i could earn that , but the custy`s aint out there to give me 8 hours a day 5 days aweek, otherwise i could earn in excess of £150 per day

colley614

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 04:54:14 pm »
Pet hate of mine this. I have never in the 12 months I've been cleaning windows for myself earned the same wage 2 days in a row never mind any longer so I could say "I earn £XXX" Thankfully I've earned more in a day than most of these big headed idiots but I have also worked for £50 in a day. For example today I was only earning £6.50 an hour but the contract that comes with the builders clean I'm doing is worth much more because it will be WFP after this clean.

All I say is ignore the idiots who say they earn megabucks because there is a limit to how much you can earn a day before you start cutting corners to get things done and as soon as corners start getting cut customers start canceling.

neil100

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 09:49:22 pm »
If you cant earn £30 an hour wfp then your doing two things wrong.

1. your not chargeing enough.

2. your too slow or poorly organized.

Myfreind is selling his small round. £1,500 a month.He averages between £50 and £40 an hour, works part time.

Thats the truth, if you cant manage to earn that amount an hour dont knock those who can.

Not everyone brags about what they earn. Some will state what they earn hopeing to inspire other w/cleaners they dont have to clean windows for a pittance. If you dont want to beleive them thats your choice. I have just done 2 days work and I have earned a new record. I wont post the amount as I dont want to upset anyone.

But I will say this. If you dont beleive you can earn a cracking wage, come and watch me work for half a day and you will become a BELEIVER.

nel :o

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 09:54:53 pm »
I hesitate to use the word moron- but bragging about how much you earn is what this post is about and precisely what you're doing.

Get a life.

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 09:58:42 pm »
As long as you are happy with what you earn does it matter if it is £50 £100 £200 or more a day?

We all have different needs and bills some people do earn well over £200 a day, but i bet there bills are very high.

somwone earning £80 a day living at home can have more moeny than a £200 + a day window cleaner at the end of the week, I will let you work it out.
I do ok but dont have the massive house yet  :( but am working on it  ;).

GO GO VG  ;D

NWH

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 10:06:44 pm »
VG,i don`t think it`s that people are bragging i just think that some of us on here can`t beleive it when guy`s are saying they don`t earn a certain amount,one minute there saying they do this work and that work and then the next thing you know there saying they don`t earn a lot.I wouldn`t come on here and bragg mate no way pedro,all i try and do is answer the questions i`m asked or i see posted.Some people don`t think you can earn what you say cos they don`t,why waste time on here bu11541t1ng about earnings if you don`t think some of the figures quoted are true then you don`t do the same sort of work with the same hourly rate.

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:53 pm »
NWH, do you think I disbelieve £30ph?

Matt's topic asks why people feel the need to bragg. And it's precisely what a lot of the replies on this thread have ended up doing.

The security Guard said he'd heard that us window cleaners earn loads of money. I wonder where he can have gotten that idea?

NWH

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 10:18:46 pm »
Some have said that they earn 80-£100 a day,comments like that are taking the P*** if you ask me.I would only expect a reply like that from a newbie.

neil100

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 10:30:58 pm »
Moron.

I wont take offence but I think you should look up its meaning before you start applying it too a fellow w/c.

I find peoples recactions to what others earn a source of amazement and a reflection of modern negativity.

It would be great if all and I mean all w/cleaners could earn £30 an hour. Will that ever happen? No and that wont happen for many reasons.

I have advised quite a few w/cleaners over the years how to set up and run a profitable w/c buisness.
I have helped over the last three years ,three w/c in particuler and none of them earn less then £30 an hour.

It gets under my skin sometimes to read posts that knock others who earn a good hourly rate.

But you should put into context and  realize in the world of economics that whatever we earn per hour is peanuts and if I post what I earn in a week its definitely not bragging. Theirs a diffrence in my book between stateing what you earn on a forum then telling others in a group how much you earn thats done to belittle others or to elevate your own self esteem.

Some of my freinds are very sucssefull in buisness, One life long freind is a self made millionare. I am not envious of what hes  achieved.Power to his elbow I say.

Is posting what you earn bragging?UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Nel

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 10:41:26 pm »
I'm sorry Neil, and glad you didn't take offence.

I'm always shooting my mouth off, and have been known to bragg. Life's put me on my bum a few times too.

Saw a chap yesterday who I hadn't seen for a while. He had a postie uniform on.
"Thought you were a scaffolder."I said remembering some banter about earnings.
"I was" He said "untill the Polish lads come and did it for nothing."

djhaydn

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »
I think alot of this comes down to the area you work and where it is,
yes you can earn good money if its a big house or a commercial job,
i do have some big houses, but also alot of small ones, i said earlier in this thread roughly what my earnings can be, but if some of you looked at the prices im charging , you would say you wouldnt do it, take it from me the people around my area dont want to pay huge prices to have there windows cleaned,
take today for instance, Bod gave me a job to go look at, large house, with 7 windows on the front 6 on the back and 2 doors and patio doors, i priced it at £15 first clean then £10 after that, she said "oh thats more than im used to paying " then said can you do it 2 monthly" i said sorry once a month wfp, she took my card and i dont think ill hear from her again,
it goes to show you cant charge much where i live, other places like Kent where my mum is the same house w/c`s are charging £25-£30 per clean, thats what my mum pays and the house is the same size at what i looked at today,
but hey im happy with what i can earn, my morgage aint big and just normal bills to pay
Haydn

ps, why do people get snotty on here, its only words.

geefree

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 10:49:10 pm »
with an average semi £6 tops, and a detached £8....in my area.

and the round is scattered as only being going one year....

and these are top prices up here, does that make me slow?

or should i charge more and not get a phone call, ever!?

believe me i am expensive where i can get away with it,

its ok saying either slow or underpricing,

i reckon if the area you are working in gives you £30 per hour, then yes it does come across as bragging, ... some guys over here earn less than £6 per hour..

so rather than make people feel better it can be very disheartening when you live in an area that simply does not cut it.

i am creeping up and above our normal rate here, probably the most  expensive w/c in my area... and i have odd £15 detached  here and there, but i will eventually have a decent paying round, but its building slow, on purpose so i dont have to work all hours for £80 or per day.

just another input to this interesting issue.  ;)

NWH

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 10:52:44 pm »
Yes but if you keep getting the £15 houses and dumping the £6 houses at the same time your going in the right direction.

geefree

Re: why do people brag about the money they earn New
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 10:57:13 pm »
cant dump them at the same time as they are..... at the moment.... my round....

but i keep getting better ones and when my round is full totally then i will play around.

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 11:29:43 pm »
with an average semi £6 tops, and a detached £8....in my area.

and the round is scattered as only being going one year....

and these are top prices up here, does that make me slow?

or should i charge more and not get a phone call, ever!?

believe me i am expensive where i can get away with it,

its ok saying either slow or underpricing,

i reckon if the area you are working in gives you £30 per hour, then yes it does come across as bragging, ... some guys over here earn less than £6 per hour..

so rather than make people feel better it can be very disheartening when you live in an area that simply does not cut it.

i am creeping up and above our normal rate here, probably the most  expensive w/c in my area... and i have odd £15 detached  here and there, but i will eventually have a decent paying round, but its building slow, on purpose so i dont have to work all hours for £80 or per day.

just another input to this interesting issue.  ;)
you seem to be doing all the right things, I have to say if any window cleaner anywhere is earning £6 an hour doing window c;eaning maybe they should stop as that anywhere in the UK is just to low they would be better off working a 9-5 as £6 an hour working for yourself does not earn you that and they will be working under the min wage bracket (cowboys I am guessing at that price or silly either or)(if they are doing it on the side and are on the dole) hope they get caught I pay for that as do any legit window cleaning company.

any window cleaner in any part of the UK be it south west north etc should be well over £10 they work and that is an understatment, I have worked up north doing it also down south.

supernova77

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 11:45:15 pm »
To an extent I do beleive that it depends on where you are based in the UK.

I was cleaning a 3 bed detatched house the other day (Georgian windows - £20). I got chatting to the customer who says that her sister lives up north in a big 5 bed house and only pays £10 for her windows!

Andy

djhaydn

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:20 pm »
totally agree andy,
gazza .... well said and honest like me.lol.
i couldnt charge anymore as i wouldnt get phonecalls at all, and id get undercut, like i think i have been,
haydn