This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*foxman

Re: PWC mag
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2007, 12:19:29 am »
the question is.....

has the test been set up so the 'e2' performs the best? i think you'll find it is. if the test enviorment was different then the results would be different. the whole test was a scam and everyone knows it, you have to be a complete idiot to take any of the results seriously. the way certain poles are dismissed because they can't get their head around them speaks volumes.

Bottom line is.... it's not the Which report, it isn't an independant evaluation, it is run by a company struggling to make money who will do anything to do so.

matt

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2007, 08:52:29 am »

Bottom line is.... it's not the Which report, it isn't an independant evaluation, it is run by a company struggling to make money who will do anything to do so.

im not sure they are stuggling to make money

afterall

they sell the "600 L thermo pure system" and a trafic van, "this is not a radom choice, as this package is currently the most popular combination of system and van with a window cleaner changing from ladder to wfp" ( copyright PWCmag )

:P :P :P :P

StevePB

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2007, 03:52:26 pm »

Hi Windowwashers,

E mail me your address and I will send you the other spare copy. Again, postage not wanted.

Regards Steve.
No sweat no get

Count Phil

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2007, 05:00:46 pm »
The tucker would bend like that at 45ft. BUT Tucker actually sell their pole and go on about the flex and how you can use it. It kind of pings in and out, it isn't like a bendy fibre glass. What surprised me was that the 45ft tucker was as light as a good carbon fibre. And loads cheaper.

My 25ft tucker extender bends in this unusual way and it is, oddly, useful. You can flex it into corners and stuff.

And I didn't pay a penny or subscribe so it was a free advert. You (any supplier) could sponsor them next and have your products featured, why should they pay to advertise your products as better than theirs, you wouldn't.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2007, 07:11:02 pm »
Flexibility is an interesting issue.

At lower levels (sub 30ft) it does not usually pose too much of a problem for the user and can indeed provide some extra reach in some situations. Most of us will put up with some flex if the pole is light enough at these low levels (X-Tel etc). However I recently cleaned a very difficult window over a flat roof, I usually use a 21.5ft X-tel pole to do this and the pole is at full reach and so am I. Last week I cleaned the same window with an experimental 18ft pole that has virtually no flex at all, despite the pole being 3.5ft shorter I was able to clean more easily because of the complete lack of flex. Given the choice it would be best for user control and reach to have zero flex if that were possible.

Working at higher levels however the issue of flex does become very important and this is not just 'Ionic-speak', you really do not want any extra flex as controlling a 45ft+ pole takes quite a bit of effort. Extra flex at these heights means that the poles take a lot more strength to control at ground level. Excessive flex has led users of 45ft+ poles to lose control completely of the equipment.