This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Re: ro unit help
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 08:19:47 pm »
Tony (maccmacc)
good point mate. ive read all the posts and as you ve seen i posted to find out what i needed and most people advised on the ro unit as it would save me in the future, as i have no experiance with wfp ive just bought one. but after what you said im concidering di only.
simply cos its maintance free and as you needed it.
mines around 85ppm im on a trolley 3 days, 6 hrs day
what you think it l cost?

Yes, + no storage tank, no booster pump, no transfere hose, no waste water etc, etc.
just goes to show how un-knowlagable some people are with the advise you've been given.

all approx- & + vat
2 x  11ltr DI vessels      100 quid (stream doing 13ltr ones for 50 quid at mo')
1 x  25kg bag of DOWEX resin   69 quid (wintecs doing free delivery over 30 quid)
3 x lengths of normal garden hose  (free if you already have a hose pipe)
a hose tap connector & a few female hozelok-type hose connectors (10 quid)

So about 180 quid ( 200 tops to be safe) + vat & delivery ( although, like i say, if all come from wintecs delivery is free, but i dont know how much their DI's are).

With your stat's i would estimate resin costs for a year to be about 100 quid, but you need further advise on how to make the resin last longer, which i will give you if you decide to go this route. it's simple & takes about 1 minute to do.

tony

m.b.s.

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 08:20:58 pm »
if you are intrested in a di vessel i have just put one on ebay be quick though it will go fast jampot

jampot

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 08:34:33 pm »
thanx macmac you a star  ;)
i think that im going to go for that then,
but i will be hounding you with my newbie questions  ::) ::)

mbs have you got the link

macmac

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 08:37:21 pm »
Another point jampot
If you take your DI vessels with you in your car/van, providing where you work has a similar tap tds & they're not on a water meter (with permission ofcourse :P) you can fill up your trolley/water butts from customers outside tap.
I do this regular on my round, i've tested all their water & know which ones have the softest ;D.

tony

macmac

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 08:41:10 pm »
thanx macmac you a star  ;)
i think that im going to go for that then,
but i will be hounding you with my newbie questions  ::) ::)

mbs have you got the link

no problem at all, but you'll be suprised how very, very simple it is to make pure water.

tony

jampot

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 08:49:43 pm »
so if i have a hose pipe with my di vessel, i can just pump the water stright into the barrels? ive got 10 barrels
is the right mate?

macmac

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 08:55:15 pm »
so if i have a hose pipe with my di vessel, i can just pump the water stright into the barrels? ive got 10 barrels
is the right mate?

Yes, but not at full pressure, better to turn the pressure down a bit. no pump needed, straight from tap.

tony

macmac

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 09:04:49 pm »
If i get chance tomorrow i'll take a pic of what you need & it set up on my outside tap. it goes like this-
tap - hose - 1st vessel - little piece of connecting hose (2-4") - 2nd vessel - hose to barrel / tank. yep, thats it.

P.S. the vessels come with male hozelok on the input & output so it's just a case of putting female ends on each piece of hose, just the same as connecting any garden watering equipment.

tony

m.b.s.

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 09:08:32 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/water-fed-pole-di-resin-vessel-by-pentar_W0QQitemZ170146970153QQihZ007QQcategoryZ112579QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
heres the link jampot sorry for the delay had to price a job up and yes i got it 10mins work for £15 not bad let me no what you think to the di vesil if you are intrested will post it first class if i know it is you that wone it thats if you have a bid on it or but it now

macmac

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 09:24:13 pm »
www.waterfedpolesystems.co.uk
Have 13ltr ones for 55 quid + vat (including fittings which must be ordered at same time, they fit them for you) reduced from 80 quid.

tony

m.b.s.

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 09:27:34 pm »
why pay £55 +vat when you can have mine 4 £48 no vat and thats delivered with fittings

macmac

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 09:31:31 pm »
why pay £55 +vat when you can have mine 4 £48 no vat and thats delivered with fittings

Yes, i know but he needs another one, read the posts again, this time carefully! ;)
Cleantech sell them for a fair price also.

tony

m.b.s.

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 09:35:15 pm »
yes i know he needs 2 but if he is intrested in mine he can buy that and buy one from cleantech and he can save a few pounds and buy something else he needs to get him up and running out of the few pounds

macmac

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 09:38:19 pm »
yes i know he needs 2 but if he is intrested in mine he can buy that and buy one from cleantech and he can save a few pounds and buy something else he needs to get him up and running out of the few pounds

Thats what i've just said, are you tired, needing rest maybe? :P

tony

m.b.s.

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 09:41:27 pm »
sorry mamac yes gues you right need rest hard day it got to me a bit today sorry mate

macmac

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 09:44:35 pm »
sorry mamac yes gues you right need rest hard day it got to me a bit today sorry mate

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

m.b.s.

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 09:50:19 pm »
 ;Dhe knows were it is if he needs it

m.b.s.

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 07:27:58 pm »
sorry jampot sold for asking price