Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wcs.

e New
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:34:30 pm »
e

matt

Re: Advice £ Rate
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:39:21 pm »
work out how much you need to live, bills etc etc, homw much "fun money" you would like, and then aim for that ;)

we all have different expences, so we all have different needs

good luck in your first year

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:40:11 pm »
theres only you who nos how many hours you work so base it on what you work . your lowest rate is minuim wage rate .
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:11:24 pm »
Hello all.

Left my job to go self employed as a full time Window Cleaner last April.

Need help on, trying to work out should I base my Hourly rate on 24 - 30 hours cleanning only per week?(based in the Midlands). What would be a the lowest rate for me to cover all expenses and make success of building a small business.
(or survive the 1st year).

All comments welcome.  Thanks
do you know the hourly rate other the other window cleaners in your area?
If you do you nearly have your answer, dont undercut ever only annoys people and you never know who they are.
We are in cambridge and the rate here is £25/£35 an hour, this changes in every area so you need to do a little home work. never work for peanuts and people do try this on all the time, hoope this helps

twt

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 05:17:32 pm »
ewan price high if you get every job you quote for your are too cheap cos it means even skinflints are willing to pay your prices. price too high and noone will pay. you know when you have got it right because when you tell the customer the price they will look suprised then they will think about it then they will accept the price, this is a good idicator that you have reached the limited of how much they are willing to pay for their windows to be cleaned. also you should not be discouraged by people not accepting you quotes i had one guy say i thought people just payed a couple of quid to have their windows cleaned you do not want this sort of customer they are tight and always will be.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 07:12:54 pm »
The hourly rate means nothing, it is dependant on the speed you work at and we all work at differing speeds. 

The best thing for you, as a new starter, is price per window.

3 bed house  - 10 windows @ 75p, 2 glass doors @ 50p = £8.50.  If you can get enough of them and crack off 2.5 - 3 per hour then you're off the mark.

There are people out there doing if for half that price, others doing it for double, you just have to work out what your market will withstand, without you been seen as too greedy or ridiculously cheap.

I had a woman just yesterday on the phone asking for a price for her windows, 3 bed semi, I told her it would be around £8 -£10, there was a pause then she said she would "get back to me", however as she was hanging up I still had the phone to my ear and I heard her say "Jesus Christ £10!!!" 

Guess I was too expensive for her then.  ;D

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:53:40 pm »

I had a woman just yesterday on the phone asking for a price for her windows, 3 bed semi, I told her it would be around £8 -£10, there was a pause then she said she would "get back to me", however as she was hanging up I still had the phone to my ear and I heard her say "Jesus Christ £10!!!" 

Guess I was too expensive for her then.  ;D

i little too expensive, i guess she had to sit down for a hour after  ;D ;D