This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Geordie Window Cleaners - Are there loads of them?
« on: August 07, 2007, 08:12:30 am »
I've just returned from a trip up to the North East (it's where I come from but haven't been back there in years).

Anyway, on entering North Shields I saw two window cleaners (Jays Window Cleaning),  then in Whitley Bay (ten minutes later) I saw a van belonging to Tyneside Window Cleaning (established in 1878), with a 'Stretch and Wash' sign on the van.

Then a bit further down the road was yet another window cleaner cleaning an amusement arcade window; a trad guy in his fifties.

So I saw three different window cleaners in the space of ten minutes.

I can go for days and days without seeing a window cleaner around here in South East Wales.

What's the competition like up there?

DASERVICES

Re: Geordie Window Cleaners - Are there loads of them?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:47:03 am »
Welocome back Tosh, thought you were ill or run off with one of your customers  ;D

Hope you enjoyed your hols, now back to the hard work.

Doug

Kev TWC

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:22:54 am »
hi tosh
its kevin tyneside window cleaning pleased you saw one of my vans in whitley bay,competition in the north east must have changed a lot since you were here it is very competetive and getting worse.
the established bit on the van is 1897 it is one of the oldest established window cleaning companys in the north east.
stretch and wash is our name for reach and wash as ionics informed us that there company name was patterned,as the rep said if i buy somthing fron them eg a pole they would let me keep the name on so i changed all my vans,we have an aps system.
if i had known you were visiting the north east i would have met up with you for a drink as i live in whitley bay all the best kev

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
I'm a second generation Geordie. Perhaps that explains why I keep coming back to window cleaning, its something in the blood. I was in Newcastle this time last year, stayed in the new Copthorne Hotel by the bridge. Never saw a window cleaner all week.
PS  Haven't they done it up nicely round there, very impressed.

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
Lots of competition where I am, Ashington/Stakeford/Bedlington area. Saying that mostly scallys on the make who dont hang around too long. there's 4 cleaners on my local estate but i'm the only one using WFP. Have seen Lionheart van around Stakeford.
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 02:17:46 pm »
That's only cos my sister in law lives there!  I'm sometimes down your way doing carpets, but not usually windows.

We tend to stay north of you lot, however there's still a lot of competition around us and if anything they are dragging the prices down.  One of our customers said she had someone knocking on the door offering to do her house for £3.00, we charge £6.00

Lot's of local guys working by themselves, lots travel north to be away from peeping eyes!!

Tyneside, Convey Bros, Clean It UK, all work around us on occasions.

Kevin, didn't know you frequented this site, if you fancy a pint and a chat some time give me a call.

Yes Tosh, not only do we lose more days than you with bad weather, we also have more competition!!  Lifes not fair!!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:23:47 pm »
Oh come on Tosh. ::)

Are you seriously trying to tell me there's 3 people with jobs up north?

Kev TWC

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:31:48 am »
 hi ian  i will go 4 drink some time just let me no when kevin

mark coates

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 04:38:52 pm »
im based sth tyneside, loads of window cleaners around here but very few using wfp.
im told its because there were so many miners in and around the newcastle area but when the mines were closed down loads of the miners went into window cleaning. how accurate that is im not sure, but seems to make sense. as a result prices here are alot less than in other parts of the country, iv got window cleaner friends all over the country and im amazed at what some of them can get away with charging, on 1 of my rounds as a general rule most of the residents wont pay more than 3pound for their windows done. things are definately improving with the number of new houses being built and since the surge in house prices.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 04:57:33 pm »
tuneside window cleaning, do you have any old pictures of window cleaners? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.