This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: over priced jobs
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 07:15:36 am »
did you question it and ask for their new quote?

ronnie paton

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 08:20:49 am »
yep the mangement company asked me to clean these apartments in jan cause old window cleaner were supposdly poor, then they emailed me bout ,arch saying how happy the residents were with my service.

then out of the blue friday geta email saying there sorry but the directors have decided to use a local window cleaner who is cheaper. and unfourtunatly its out of there hands!

JohnL

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 09:42:27 am »
That sounds like a situation where one or more directors have a friend they know who is a window cleaner and wish to give him the work.

Its a case of undercutting your price to give the work to him. Even if you had reduced your price the directors would still have found a way of moving the business.

A reputable outfit would have advised you of the lower price and asked if you wished to revise your price to keep the business.

I think you were on a no-winner here.
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

ronnie paton

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 09:54:38 am »
Ye defo i told them i would revise my price but they said they wouldnt except that.

It hurt has you can imagine as its my biggest job but these things are made to test us :D

dai

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 12:13:03 pm »
I do a care home £73.50 and it takes just over 2 hours. I know that the woman that does the paperwork, and sends out my cheque, would like to get her own window cleaner to do the job. She goes round the job when Ive finished, looking for the slightest blemish. There's not a lot I can do about it. I just hope that the Filipino owners stick with me.
There is a lot of jealousy on commercial work, the employee, whose job it is to pay us, resents what we earn. You would think they were paying out of their own pocket. That's life I suppose, but I won't be dropping my price. DaI