This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luke Johnson

Re: your longest day
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 06:10:29 pm »
so what are you doing on the forum now?!!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 06:27:05 pm »
Luke get a sence of humour I keep telling you that truant officer is going to get you one of these days and god help us if you ever pass your driving test.

You have asked some very good questions and because you see things in a simpler more direct way surprised us with some of the answers that have come out.(who invented wfp).

Of course, some of the things you say are a bit comical.

rs_cleancare

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 06:35:55 pm »
Well said steve k!

we all go to work to earn money and i can't belive how little people will work for might as well get a factory job for £18k a year and give somone else the worry.

As for my longest day 7am to about 7pm and i can do this on a regular basis.
I do reap the rewards for such long hours.

Rob.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 07:17:26 pm »
I'm on my provisional at the mo, we bought a Peugeot Expert 2002 with fsh and the insurance is only £400 with me as a named driver!! was it you ( rainwater man )who asked me what my options where when I left school? I meant to answer that. I could have stayed on, which my teachers were begging me to do after my great gcse results, or I could do my preaching work for my religion ( which I am not going to name, because it will probably cause insults!!! ) I chose window cleaning because it allows me to do this, Luke

matt

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 07:21:18 pm »
so what are you doing on the forum now?!!!!

some times it shows im online, but ive been and had my dinner ( it was late as we went to the park and took the dog for a walk )
so im not allways here when it says i am

Luke Johnson

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 07:23:33 pm »
Yeah I've had that aswell, I've been on another computer, not logged in to see if my name appears as logged in, it does

matt

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 08:07:22 pm »
dont get me wrong though, i do have chronicforumitis

but i allways tell myself its better for me than drinking or smoking ;)

Luke Johnson

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 08:20:17 pm »
yeah, we all have addictions, pitty mine is being lazy!!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 09:50:35 pm »
I mostly only do 9 - 3 but I've a job I do once a year that takes me a few days.  I try to get it done in as few days as possible and have been on site from 6:30am till 7:45pm in the past.  We do feel completely shot at the end of it though.

Simon.

tacky

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 10:27:03 pm »
not sure latest time i clocked off .but when i first started .i had n still have bout 12 houses in my street 2 up 1 down .it was getting dark . 6 houses left shall i or not .idid .8 yrs later i still get called the dark window cleaner.     

Pj

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 08:41:15 am »
Up until about 7 years ago every monday morning I would start at 4.30 am. and work till about 5 pm.  I did that for about 10 years with my better half. Those days have gone, but I made about £450 on a monday. :o  The rest of the week I started at 4.30 am. and finished at about 3 pm.  Always had a good lunch break about 45 mins.

But then I had a heart attack 4 years ago!  Getting older/feeling older. 
I'm glad I can still make a living.

"A young man groans 'cos he has to get up early...An old man is glad he still can!"

Pj

Trevor Knight

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:43 am »
"A young man groans 'cos he has to get up early...An old man is glad he still can!"
Pj

That is so, so true!!!!!!!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

supernova77

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »
Luke,

Where are you based mate?

Andy

Luke Johnson

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 06:51:15 pm »
Sorry to sound rude, but why do you want to know, there are certain people on the forum that live nearby to me, I just don't want them listening into my conversations!!

supernova77

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 12:18:48 am »
Sorry to sound rude, but why do you want to know, there are certain people on the forum that live nearby to me, I just don't want them listening into my conversations!!

Just wondered "Bro".

;)

Andy

KarlJones

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 01:27:25 am »
Well I dunno, it seems a bit fresh that you know who they are and listen in to them but they do not know who you are lol.

Can't fault you though.  Well I sort of can as you maybe are missing out on the odd specific bit of advice and help and not forgetting the odd freebie and supply of bits and bobs, but apart from that, yes I can see why you do it.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 11:09:26 am »
Actually I use my real name so it won't be that hard for them to find out, I just don't want to help them find out, they have stated where they come from but don't use their real names, swings and roundabouts, Luke

Pj

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 03:40:12 pm »
It's not about where you come from...It's about where you're going

nat

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 04:05:46 pm »
most of our working days range from 6/8am - 3/5pm but there are a few long days on the calender, earlier this month we had a day that started at 4am and finished at 6pm, that was a killer!! (for me anyway, i go into wind down mode after 8 hours) may have a few contracts coming up where by we will be working through the night so i'm sure there will be a few very long days/nights there...can't wait! :( ;) :)

aztec

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 06:01:17 pm »
got to start tommorow at 4 30 am work till 3 pm then back out from 5 30 pm till 10 pm