This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JM123

your longest day
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:42:41 am »
just wondering whats the longest day you guys have ever done.

Friday was the worst ever for me.  Started at 7.20am, finished at 6.30pm, no morning brekkie, 15mins for lunch, rained all day, came home soaked but none the less happy for sticking it out.

Oh and the £££'s always cheers me up.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

mark dew

Re: your longest day
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 05:13:06 am »
11 hours when i was traditional. Earnt £110 wahey.... was very happy at the time though.

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:16:40 am »
I'm getting too old for doing long days. I don't remember specfically what my longest day was but it was probably playing catch up after some bad weather or similar disaster. By that I mean it wasn't done for fun.

I hope this topic is not going to end up as another opportunity for people to throw silly figures around regarding money.

Remember there are wannabes out there reading this and believing every word

Adam Boss

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 08:02:04 am »
Well said Vince. ;) ;)
EST: 1988

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 08:13:33 am »
my longest day has to be 9.00 till 3.00 .

when i first started it was 8.00 till 6.00

You soon get wise as you get more experienced.

steve k

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 08:30:40 am »
why does anyone have a problem with peoples salary...the only reason we do this is the money...surely!!!
The other advantages of being self employed can be found in many other ways which are not weather dependant, not as physically tiring, not as many overheads, not as boring etc etc....

If I was working in ANY job and I heard a friend say they were earning 50% less than me with another employee for doing the same job, then the first thing I would say is:
"you need to have a word mate, I`m earning double that with Bloggs Engineering"

There is no difference here. If I read about someone earning £10 an hour, I will try and offer advice to try and motivate that person to aim a lot higher...

Why not shout it from the rooftops...be proud...declare your income to the authorities and you can tell the world if you want to.
If it motivates a "wannabee" (that is exactly what you were when you "wanted to be" to be a window cleaner) to change their job and earn more for their family then great...that`s what it did for me.

If you do not believe the figures on here about earnings I can only assume you are earning below that.
You shouldn`t knock the people who have looked at what they do, decided to earn what they feel they are worth and got out there and found the high paying customers...it can be done.
No-one needs to be worried in our lifetimes about people saturating the market...you will never escape the stigma attached to most peoples conception of a window cleaner...low paid, low skilled menial job done by ex.cons, unemployables anywhere else, beer money etc etc.
There are millions of uncleaned windows out there and nowhere near enough window cleaners.
If you work long days in window cleaning, you should be RICH because your hourly rate (including travel) should be and CAN BE £20 plus an hour...every hour.

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 08:46:49 am »
Steve, I have no prob with £20 an hour. But some of the stuff thats been on here in the past is baloney.

tom_currie

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 09:02:23 am »
who went on national tv and told all he earned £49,000 a year so its a bit late to say dont say.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 09:18:59 am »
Me personally I am in the office around 7am and home by 5pm. My guy's work 8am - 5pm

Occasionally when the contract dictates the guy's start earlier but likewise finish earlier to compensate.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 10:44:09 am »
Tom, I don't know, Who did say that on National TV ?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 10:54:51 am »
Longest I've done is 7-4 when working for Ian, but then that probably included about 2 hours for lunch. ;D

Longest for me these days is 9-4.

steve k

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 11:15:19 am »
Terry Burrows

Dean Aspects

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 11:28:48 am »
Before i started window cleaning i was a relief manager for 4 hire shops often having to do 12 hour days plus 2 hour commute working 7 days per week i even once did this for 20 days straight loads of money but no life

Now when i started w/cing i would do 8 hour days and come home cream crackered then i discovered the delights of wfp and now do about 6 hours a day
if i do any more i now consider it a long day
this happens once a fortnight when i have to start early to do some commercials
7.20 start with a finish at 5pm although i can usually get a break at 3pm till 4.30

this way i can earn decent money and see my wife and kids and have a life outside of work

matt

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 02:14:04 pm »
ive done 15 hours in the past

start at 5 ish and finish after 8

thats when all my commercail have come around at the same time or 1 has phoned me up with a specail request to do them

if it needs doing, just crack on with it

JM123

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 03:48:40 pm »
phweew!! 15hrs matt??  sore arms anyone?

yeah, I have to agree with whoever asked for this not to turn into a money thread. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

matt

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 05:08:39 pm »
phweew!! 15hrs matt??  sore arms anyone?

yeah, I have to agree with whoever asked for this not to turn into a money thread. 

too be honest it was a hard day, and i felt really knackered after, so much so, that i fell asleep in the arm chair and i NEVER do that

more so sore legs than arms, they felt like i was wearing lead boots

Luke Johnson

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 05:11:23 pm »
I've done a 14 hour day 6:00-7:30, I felt fine after, but I am 17, my dad was knackered though!! they were first cleans, I think we only managed 10-15 quid an hour each that day

Luke Johnson

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 05:20:51 pm »
Wow matt I just looked at your stats and you have spent 20 days, 22 hours and 11 minutes on this forum, if you earned 15-25 quid an hour, this is how much you could have made in that time if you had worked all of those hours £7530-12550..... sorry to break it to you but you have chronicforumitis!!!!

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 06:06:50 pm »
start 6.30 ish finsh at 2/2.30ish
P&R Window Cleaning

matt

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 06:07:39 pm »
Wow matt I just looked at your stats and you have spent 20 days, 22 hours and 11 minutes on this forum, if you earned 15-25 quid an hour, this is how much you could have made in that time if you had worked all of those hours £7530-12550..... sorry to break it to you but you have chronicforumitis!!!!

scarey isnt it

though i have been on the forum for allmost 4 years now :) when its broken down it doesnt seem so bad  ;) ;) does it ;)