This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How much of whats posted on here do you beleive

25%
50%
75%
Re: Fact or Fiction
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2007, 04:41:21 pm »
Okay.
Free membership.
National window cleaners week. (to promote and appreciate window cleaners)
A magazine.
An MP or MP's to lobby and give guidance.
A strategic direction( led not by the majority but the best thinking)
Best practice advice on water usage recycling etc
How long have you got?

Davew

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2007, 04:53:36 pm »
Rainwater have you tried your local gypsies?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2007, 05:15:16 pm »
Okay.
Free membership.
National window cleaners week. (to promote and appreciate window cleaners)
A magazine.
An MP or MP's to lobby and give guidance.
A strategic direction( led not by the majority but the best thinking)
Best practice advice on water usage recycling etc
How long have you got?

Free membership - hmmm, well that is a definate no go, membership contributes to providing an income which in turn helps us finance projects and all other aspects of running the APWC

National Window Cleaners Week - Ok, what do you have in mind, what would you like to be made available, send me your proposal along with the structure/financing/advertising - I am more than happy to listen to your suggestions.

A Magazine - try www.professionalwindowcleaner.co.uk this magazine is very useful.

MP's - again a valid point and something we are looking to work towards.

A strategic Direction - As we speak we are putting together our 5 year plan which will show you all exactly what as an Association we are looking to achieve. These strategic plans are very time consuming and complicated and cannot be put together in 5 minutes. A lot has to be considered and this is what takes the time.

Best practice advice - The APWC has just linked with a very informative and well respected authority on water, we will be revealing more as soon as it is finalised but you are looking at days rather than weeks before you know what we are doing - as with everything, it takes time.

How long have I got - Well, like all the other committee members doing this, I do this is my spare time and mostly in the evenings after being at work all day. I earn absolutely NO MONEY from the APWC, in fact it costs me money as everything I do is for FREE, the same as all the other committee members. I am fortunate that as I am office based I have slightly more access to the PC hence why I respond during normal working hours. However, I sacrifice my family time to try to make a difference, to try and help the window cleaning industry gain the respect it deserves, to try and help window cleaners as much as I can. you can see for yourself how many postings I make, each one as a whole is generally advice and not banter!

Its all well and good demanding we do this and we do that, but for us to do all this we need support, can I ask when you will be joing the APWC?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2007, 07:29:35 pm »
I didn't mention commercial tie ins- van and public liability insurance.

You make a valid point in that you do post seriously and not banter or froth as with me.But this isn't a one way street, the skills and responsibilties that you are acquireing feed back into your own life and business.As in what goes around comes around.
I will probably join in the new year.

I would probably want to know when your AGM was, how often you hold meetings and how members put their views and ideas forward.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2007, 09:17:59 pm »
I didn't mention commercial tie ins- van and public liability insurance.

You make a valid point in that you do post seriously and not banter or froth as with me.But this isn't a one way street, the skills and responsibilties that you are acquireing feed back into your own life and business.As in what goes around comes around.
I will probably join in the new year.

I would probably want to know when your AGM was, how often you hold meetings and how members put their views and ideas forward.

Lets be honest with each other, I give far far more than I will ever receive, the skills I am acquiring?? responsibilities??

Skills - as in what exactly? I run a very successful business that was successful way before I joined CIU, the whole reason I was asked to give up more of my free time and to be a moderator was based on the fact that I gave good solid information to the forum based on many years experience, 16 to date, was helpful to the cause and people appreciated my honesty and advice.

I have attended more courses over the years I care to remember based on business management, marketing and sales and whilst I appreciate I still have a lot more to learn I would still like to think I have a very sound and balanced knowledge of both business and window cleaning.

Responsibilities? Well you got me there, what are the responsibilities I am gaining? Apart from being an employer, the Chairman of the APWC, CIU Moderator, a family man of 3 children and in my spare time a football league referee I think I have enough responsibilities as it is don't you??

Anyway, whatever you choose to believe is your choice, I respect that.

Onto the APWC, yes it would be great to see you join, if you have such strong and passionate views why don't you not only join but become more involved and help us to help the industry?

Can I ask why your waiting until the new year out of interest?

We are holding our AGM in the near future. We meet 3/4 times a year and communication is daily for the committee along with any member who wants to suggest or request any help or advice. We send out monthly newsletters and have a constantly updated website, the new design is being launched this week in fact.

I hope you have a better understanding of me since our last few posts, you will see I am serious and have devoted considerable time and money into the APWC amongst others.

If at the end I know I have made a difference and the Window Cleaning as a whole has benefited then that is my way of repaying an industry that has given me financial rewards I would never have been able to come close to in other professions.

Looking forward to meeting with you in the near future.

Trevor

Paul Coleman

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007, 09:35:05 pm »
Well Trevor, although I post quite frivolously at times, I do take on board a lot of what is posted on here and you are one of the posters I watch out for.  Although my current goal is to maximise my earnings potential as a sole trader, I do realise that I may decide to change that one day.  I've treated myself to a lot of time off over the last year but now I am starting to do more about getting some better work in.  Apart from that, I need to start earning more.  I've set myself the target of doubling my turnover level in the space of two years.  I reckon that with what you and others have posted on here I can do that.
I agree with you that you give a lot more than you take from this forum and I just wish to express my appreciation of that.

boshravie

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2007, 09:55:56 pm »
Well said Trevor

Three cheers to Trevor.
I just whish there was more people like you on this forum Trevor.

Regards

Bosh

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2007, 10:01:25 pm »
Well what you've said is a bit humbling and in some ways you've made me look a bit of a prat. I didn't say that about acquiring skills and responsibilties to wind you up; what is it they say if you want something done ask a busy person.

Apart from one post when you launched, and another asking about DEFRA consulation on drought, I think the APWC has shown admirable restraint in banging it's own drum on this forum.

I've just had a proper look at your website and I was impressed, and think I will join, for a year at least. It mentions an Andrew Mullen as chairman?

If I also do pressure washing will this body still be representative?

Trevor Knight

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2007, 07:16:09 am »
Hi Rainwater,

The APWC has undergone certain changes, one of which was my appointment as Chairman. Look at our website on Monday when the new, refreshed version will be up and running.

I have always maintained a low profile when it comes to the APWC, the Defra posting was certainly not to highlight the APWC but more for those people who are not represented by any organisation to have an opportunity to have a say in matters.

I am delighted that you are thinking about joining, I really am, and please only join if it something you want to do and not as a result of our conversation on here. You are more than welcome to contact me anytime 07786921202 to have a more informative chat.

Best wishes,

Trevor