This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

Re: I HATE THE VIKANS!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 02:03:47 pm »
well said alex
do wish people learn how to do job and not blame tools give me practically any window cleaning tool and i will give clean window as i can clean windows
come on, its hardly rocket science is it, so how can bits on the window be blamed on the person not doing a good job,

Sounds like they haven't been rinsed properly.
Some jobs i only have to wet the glass and they come up clean. Other i have to turn the flow up and rinse each individual pane for ages. Flaky paint springs to mind.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 03:16:46 pm »
Before you all mock me read GAZZA post again
Thats all well and good, i spend ages trying to make each window is perfect, so if i see any bits a want to know why... even after flicking and cleaning the brush, so i asked which are the best brushes, a normal question... i dont think people deserve to be pillared for doing a bad job when its clearly something to do with the tool being used...... after all you would not expect anyone to think "oh there are bits on the window,... it must be the way i brush my brush up and down and across, i know , i will try it diagonally too to see if that cures it."

come on, its hardly rocket science is it, so how can bits on the window be blamed on the person not doing a good job,

and prior to the topic being posted do you not think that everything else has been tried before looking at the brush?

tools are tools ... and they are there to assist us in doing a perfect job....

and the saying  a good worker never blames his tools.... is not relevant in this case....

the best brush for wfp... was the question...

the best tool for plastering  would that be met with the same responce?for instance....  give me any tool i could plaster with and i will do a good..

A kitchen knife perhaps.?

He has hit the nail on the head, of course I could make do with the vikan and work harder to make up for it's shortfalls, but why bother, I asked for an alternative brush, not insulting comments about my method.... oh and I did rinse and rinse and rinse and rinse and then I rinsed again, and I did clear the brush of dirt, come on people stick to the post

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 04:02:33 pm »
Understand your comments Luke.  Can we clarify how long you have you been WFPing?

Luke Johnson

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 04:23:33 pm »
I have just got my poles, but my method must work because I have cleaned my house and the glass is spotless, not a single spot ( using tds 34 tapwater ). I have used what I have learned on the forums but the only problem is that the brush still leaves bits on the glass, just on or two per pane, and on some panes none. I have rinsed the glass as advised many times, but these bits dont want to rinse off, sometimes they will travel down the glass a bit but then stop. But theres no point moving the bits off with the brush because it will be a catch 22 situation, it will leave more bits.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 04:42:56 pm »
Hi Luke

The reason I asked how long you have been WFP'ing is that during the first 6 months of learning the technique, you will find that most (if not all) of the problems you encounter are due to your technique.

You may not believe this at first but work for a year and you will notice that you rarely seem to have any of the problems that you have at first, even using identical tools.

If you really do not get on with the flocked Vikans then why not try either a Mono-Filament Vikan or a standard Salmon brush. Neither of these have the same bristles as the flocked Vikans. It really is worth spending out on a few different ones so that you can make your own choice as to what works for you.

I like the cleaning effect of the Vikans myself but I do not work with them anymore due to the weight of them (450g). Every gram really does count when used at the end of a pole.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »
thanks for the advice "bro", are you making your own brush?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 05:21:21 pm »
We have had 4 prototypes made and are now examining the manufacturing process for them.

Weight and bristle type have been the 2 focal points in the design.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »
wow, sounds good, do they have a vikan thread? when will they be around?

Luke Johnson

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 05:25:45 pm »
oh yeah, what brush do you use day to day....door to door

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 05:31:10 pm »
They will have the same standard thread so that they will fit most poles. Day to day I use either a lightweight Bentley (Super-Lite) or one of our prototypes.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 05:32:46 pm »
when will you get those telescopic superlites, caus I will probably sell my Brodex to help pay for it. Oh yeah I forgot, are the modular being sold at the end of this month?

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 05:40:32 pm »
I currently use the Vikan flocked sill brushes for everything and find them OK but I do feel that if the brush didnt keep putting crap back onto the glass I wouldnt have to spend so long rinsing which would no doubt increase my hourly rate

As for these monofliment brushes I keep hearing about the ways they are better than the flocked brushes but is there any down sides to them?

And these Tucker brushes how much are they and is there anyway I can make them fit my universal poles?

Im probably gonna plump for the Vikan monofliment from Gardiners unless Alex suggests its worth hanging on for his new brush to come out!

Cheers Guys

Alistair

Sorry guys I posted this earlier and although I can see it on my computer it seems to be invisible to everybody else  ;) ;D ;D

Luke Johnson

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 05:41:23 pm »
I did read this :)

niceandclean

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 05:54:32 pm »
Have been using the Vikan monofliment for 3 days now, and i must say i like it, its a great brush!!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 07:04:14 pm »
Hi Alistair Stott,

Sorry I did not see your post!!

The Mono-Filament Vikan seems to be very popular and cleans very well, so does the standard green Salmon we sell.

I would not advise waiting as it could be several months before the new brush hits the shelves.

Hi Luke,

The new Super-Lites are still on schedule to be on our shelves by  the end of the month. The new telescopics will be a few more months away though.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 07:10:53 pm »
is it going to be around £300 inc vat for a 40ft?

Count Phil

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:21 pm »
Tuckers are the best brushes by miles. But to make them fit on any other pole would require a botched home made adapter. They have really fine sharp bristles which even clean into tiny joins in the frame. They even make windows you normally wfp come up cleaner (you'll be amazed how much extra dirt comes out you didn't know was there). There really stiff bit soft at the same time, and quite light.

The pole though, is quite heavy.

You take your choice I guess....