Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Re: Charlie Pad
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 10:06:22 pm »
Phil

I'm talking about Texatherm not charlie pads as Ive never used them.  After I clean a 6x6 meter area I use a new pad.

With office tiles even after HWE you can bonnett the carpet and it will still pull up more soil.  IMO Texatherm cleans the carpet enough to please the customer everytime with no wickback, bad smells, long drying etc etc.  But as I said I'm not sold using it on domestic carpets although I use it on BWiltons with great results.

If I was you I'd get a demo at one of your customers premises so you can see and compare the results.  If like me, until then you'll not be able to accept the system as a viable option.

Mark

woodman

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 10:10:55 pm »

I would never use them in a domestic situation, I feel like I am ripping the customer off.

Last time I used them on a low profile carpet I went over the carpet after with HWE and pulled out lots of soil, so explain that.

I am convinced that this type of clean only skims the surface, its not a deep clean, on a heavily soiled carpet (which lets be honest is more often than not) it will still be filthy after, but cosmeticaly it may look OK.

Phil

With all due respect Phil,

You probably didn't vacuum sufficiently enough if you got so much  soil out afterwards.This is exactly what the cleaners did on the job I mentioned above which is why it went horribly wrong for them.

Your wrong in your assumption that you can not get a deep down clean using Texatherm or similar system, If used correctly the solutions on mixing will cause the dirt to rise to the surface for removal by the flip side of the pad, this is called an exothermic reaction it happens very quickly which is why we cover small areas only at a time (6sq mts) and it does work.

( have to say constant changing of pads is pain in the 'arris ::))

I do use this system on domestics (never thought I would) and it works very well, certainly isn't  cosmetic  you just have to have an open mind when approaching new systems of cleaning IMHO ;)..... oh dear, another abbreviation ;D

mark_roberts

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 10:27:37 pm »
I meant 6 sq meters not 36  ::)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 10:29:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

Never tried texatherm or Dry Fusion but do know what an exothernic reaction is.

It produces more heat energy when 2 or more chemicals are mixed together.

e.g Add acid to water it gets hot , so exothermic reaction.

Opposite is caled an endothermic reaction.

Cheers,

Doug

paul@ctcs

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2004, 02:40:13 pm »
Hi guys, With regard to where all the dirt goes, I used a double ringer with my charlie pads, on one side i had clean cold water and on the other side hot water with the solution mix. When I removed the soiled pad i first rinsed and rung it out a couple of times in the cold water and after a few pad changes this water was Minging!!
I went back today and the carpet looks great and customer well happy ;D

Paul

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2004, 04:15:23 pm »
Hello people,

Ive been using charlie pads for about 6mths now ive had indifferent results depending on the carpet and or Soiling. My main contract with them is over 1000m2 on a low profile synthetic pile carpet in flats so they get plenty of wear i pre vac pre spray HD no2 and ring my pad out and go, the results have been better than HWE and the carpets seem to be staying cleaner for longer.
They make me more money in a quicker time so i cant say anything bad about them ;)....................Allthough on different types of carpets they just dont work. i have had problems with chinese which i have posted about before also on social club carpets (100% wool) and shop carpets which diddnt do anything then :P again neither did HWE >:(

But i am a big believer in Nick at Solutions and i am impressed with all of their products and cleaning techniques and even though i moan at him from time to time he is allways curtious and endevours to solve my problems, i admit some of them are my own fault ::)

Anyway if you havent tried them then have a go you will make more than your money back and the longer you use them the more you will find which situations they work and which they dont.

Regards Nick Holman ;)
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician