This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marigold

A Really Filthy House
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:43:18 pm »
Hi all,
I've been asked to give a price for post tenant cleaning of two student houses.  We've cleaned student houses before but this is something else.  I have never seen such filth - excreter?, feminine products, sopping wet rubbish strewn all over the ground floor, old food, filthy appliances the list goes on.  It literally looks like something from a life of grime.  I reckon it will take us about 3 days to clean using 2 - 3 operatives.  Does that sound right?  And what should I charge?  I want to be fair.  I've done work for the landlord before and I must admit i feel really sorry for him.  The students obviously did a runner.  Charming?  And what about everything they've left.  There's loads of it.  Any ideas would be really appreciated.
All the best
Marigold

Marigold

Re: A Really Filthy House
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:41:45 am »
Thanks dg.  I was actually thinking of charging more that 12 quid an hour.  It doesn't seem much for cleaning up all that c**p.  What do you think.

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:47:28 am »
Hi

£12-15 p/h per cleaner (you pay them £7 p/h)

I personally work on about £30 p/h for myself.

For that kind of job I would probably charge around the £500 per house, if it's as bad as you say, rubbish to be taken away by a registered waste carrier.

Regards

Martin 8)

Marigold

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:14:27 am »
thanks guys. ;)  I'm about to do the estimate so you've been a great help. 
All the best Marigold :-*