This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

how much

would you sell
38.5%
5 (38.5%)
30.8%
4 (30.8%)
30.8%
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 24, 2007, 06:18:53 pm

Highrise

Window Cleaning Round For Sale
« on: June 19, 2007, 06:18:53 pm »
I have a round in Bristol and do about 5g a mth how much is it worth if i sell.
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

petski2

Re: Window Cleaning Round For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 06:30:04 pm »
 ??? ???

ronnie paton

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:56:39 pm »
i think if you have accounts for it then you should sell it as a business ie with van system evertything, i mean if well estabilished and the accounts match you will get more that way.

may be wrong but thats my opionion!

Highrise

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 08:09:04 pm »
so how much? 4x  5x 6x the mthly + van  + + + how do you work out how much a round is worth? ??? ??? ???

ian m

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:39:09 pm »
Why are you selling it? sounds like premium work to me, £60k per year sounds like a pretty good turnover to me.

regards

Ian ;)
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

Richy L

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:56:32 pm »
the going rate is round about 3x / 4x (if it is good work)
i know in the bristol area, you are looking at that amount. But thats not including the van mind, you can add what the van is worth to that.

richy

Highrise

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:14:11 pm »
so why is it that a round worth 5g mth is only worth 15 - 20k  :( and not 3x / 4x a year  :D :D :Dmaking it worth 180 - 240k 8). It clearly worth more then 15/20k. what's your thought ;D

Davew

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 09:23:46 pm »
Highrise are you aving a laugh? for a man with a 5k a month window cleaning round you seem to ask some strange questions. You should know all the answers with that kind of success -  we should all be coming to you for advice somehow things don't add up?

niceandclean

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 09:36:49 pm »
Highrise are you aving a laugh? for a man with a 5k a month window cleaning round you seem to ask some strange questions. You should know all the answers with that kind of success -  we should all be coming to you for advice somehow things don't add up?

Mmmmm, was thinking the same!!

detec52

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 09:45:25 pm »
Dream on boy!!!!!!!!!!
RAH Cleaning Contractors

Highrise

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 09:50:20 pm »
you might think its strange but im looking at it in a business point off view. Do you think  60k ayear business is only worth 15 / 20k. I dont.... you must be strange if you do

ian m

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 10:10:33 pm »
you might think its strange but im looking at it in a business point off view. Do you think 60k ayear business is only worth 15 / 20k. I dont.... you must be strange if you do

So the big question is how much do YOU think its worth?

Ian
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

danny mckim

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 10:17:53 pm »
How long does it take to do and how many men to do it

matt

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:36 pm »
as you asked

most of my work is nicely priced and compact, 1 of the guys had worked it for 12 years and it was well established before he had the work

i paid 1 X the amount, so 5 K i paid 5 K

the other work was from another well established round who was "taking it easier" and wanted to sell, i paid 1 X the amount again

both the above i worked with the guys, i didnt get paid, just took 50 % off the amount

so i would have paid 2 & 1.2 K for 5 K work

the last lot was a guy moving to oz, i paid 1 X that work, which included some very nice commercail, whiich has more than paid for itself many many times a round

so to finish, 1 X the amount ;) thus 5 K for the work

ronnie paton

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 10:24:09 pm »
there is companys that will valuate your business and sell it for you, they will obvousley take some kind of commision!!

NWH

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:24:24 pm »
It makes me laugh when people say that a business that takes £5000 a month is only worth 3-4 times the monthly take,you cannot compare that business to someone who might be selling silly amounts of work worth a few hundred quid that they canvassed in an evening.I`ve said it before £15-20k is nothing for a long established round that generates that kind of income month in month out,if i could pay that amount for a business that i was going to get full return in 3-4 months i`d think i was onto a right result.You can`t judge that kind of business by simply saying it`s only worth 3-4 times the take off the cuff so to speak.

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:25:46 pm »
5k sounds like a joke you will get much more than that obvousley the people you bought the work of didnt value ther business!

matt

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 10:40:32 pm »
5k sounds like a joke you will get much more than that obvousley the people you bought the work of didnt value ther business!

if this is directed at me, the people i brought it off were well established and 1 of them is the biggest WC'er in the area, but he didnt want this work and we both agree'd on 1 X the amount

afterall your not buying anything, its just a goodwill payment, the customer can leave at any moment ( and a few did from 1 of the guys ) no problem, they just didnt like the change

NWH

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 10:54:22 pm »
If you paid ix the amount for that work he either needed to get rid of it quick for some reason or it was run around like a headless chicken kind of work,my customers would expect me to sell to a trustworthy good wc.If your buying a round of terrace houses or a round of council houses your taking a chance,if i sold my round the person or persons would have to pass a CRB check cos a lot of my customers would put there name through one,that`s the difference with some businesses.

matt

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 10:59:17 pm »
If you paid ix the amount for that work he either needed to get rid of it quick for some reason or it was run around like a headless chicken kind of work,my customers would expect me to sell to a trustworthy good wc.If your buying a round of terrace houses or a round of council houses your taking a chance,if i sold my round the person or persons would have to pass a CRB check cos a lot of my customers would put there name through one,that`s the difference with some businesses.

the work is nice work, well priced and very compact, so no issue 's with the quality of work

i brought from 3 guys, 1 who was " semi retireing", 1 who was "taking it easier" and the other who was moving back to oz, all 3 were in no hurry to sell

if you ask around and people who dont use the net and most WC'ers dont, then the going rate is 1 or 2 X the amount, ive since been offered work by a guy who was moving to a different area, once again priced at 1 X the amount