This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: Just received a new toy today. (pics)
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 11:11:08 pm »
Jeff,

Got to be honest there are some times I'm tempted to put it on a trolley :o

I am having a New Trailer built at the moment ;D  Should be on the run in a week.

It is a 490KG Benderup with a double ladder rack(front and back) for my ladder and the poles and a rack for the BP. a 250ltr tank with a 50ltr/min 12v transfer pump.

When its done I will post a few pics.  I am applying for a patent on the design of the racks.

So........WATCH THIS SPACE ;)

David
Did you see the trailer I built Dave?? Ladder rack and fully alarmed, the guy next door came around and told me today, My trailer alarm had gone off at lunch time, when I went to the hospital to see the boss,
when he came out to have a look, he seen the post man taking his bag of the top of it, he told me the poor old posty nearly had a heart attack. ;D ;D

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:46 pm »
Jeff,

I just E-Mailed you with an electrical Question

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Clear Vision

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 10:30:54 am »
I have used it now for 1 week.

Its so much quicker than the van mount.

It brilliant!!!!!!!!!

The first couple of day's I found it hard going on my back and neck. Now I don't even notice I'm wearing it!

I haven't used my van mount since I got it.

I'm backpacking absolutely everything!

Everyone should have one

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:24 am »
Jeff,

I just E-Mailed you with an electrical Question

David
Sorted  ;)

It brilliant!!!!!!!!!

The first couple of day's I found it hard going on my back and neck. Now I don't even notice I'm wearing it!

Everyone should have one
They are brilliant, mine has gotten me out of the poo many a time.
I'm a weed and don't carry it on my back, I just stick it on a trolley, not had a problem yet! but I agree with you, everyone should have one?
Don't forget there also there as a back-up, say your van/Trailer mount packs up, at least you have an emergency back-up so you can continue your work? ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 12:26:31 pm »

Don't forget there also there as a back-up, say your van/Trailer mount packs up, at least you have an emergency back-up so you can continue your work? ;)

So true, one of my pumps packed up on Wednesday, only a loose wire but couldn't repair it on the road.  2 of us had to work with only 1 reel and pump.  Had the back pack with us which got us out of the problem.

Amazingly it only took a little longer filling up the backpack with the one pump and then working with the one pump and back pack than it would have to have had both pumps working.

Simon.

billygoat

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 03:01:14 pm »
Hi clear vision,

glad you like your backpack,but can you tell me why you find it better than your van mount.

Only ask becuase I' ve been thinking about getting a van mount of sorts to make life,I thought,easier.

I use a backpack,I suppose you must be saying its easier to carry water with you than to pull hoses everywhere,

Tim

jouk45

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 03:52:42 pm »

It brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Everyone should have one

and when jeffs new   backpack  invention comes out,  its going to get easier,  ;D hurry up i want one lol

Clear Vision

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 04:11:51 pm »
Hi clear vision,

glad you like your backpack,but can you tell me why you find it better than your van mount.

Only ask becuase I' ve been thinking about getting a van mount of sorts to make life,I thought,easier.

I use a backpack suppose you must be saying its easier to carry water with you than to pull hoses everywhere,

Tim

I have worked with my van mount for little over a year now. Since my backpack arrived this Monday I have used it since then. I now realised what a waste of time the van mount was and wished I bought the backpack sooner!!!!!

I will tell you why I like it so much.....

1. Pull up to the house reverse into the back pack, grab your pole and off you go!
2. No trailing hoses across the pavement no worrying when your round the back of a house if anyone will trip over it.
3. No signs required. (trip hazard)
4. No hose getting caught on plants, steps, stones, furniture etc.
5. Total control between windows as the tap is on your waste. (i know you can still have a tap on yer wast on a fixed reel)
6. So much quicker on every job.
7. Don't need to worry where you park as you can walk a mile with the back pack.

I could go on and on.

I just love it. Best investment I have ever made.

I was narrow mined before and I always said to myself, "I don't know why people bother with it. What a wast of time"  How wrong was I :-[

You have total freedom with a backpack.
With a van mount you are limited to where you can go. (for access issues)

I have a lot of houses on a main street and parking the van there is a big no no so I used the ladders for them. I would park the van round the back of one of the houses and take the ladders with me and do the whole lot before returning to the van. Now this is where it will come into a league of its own!!!!!!!

Clear Vision

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 04:14:05 pm »
I forgot to add..........

Although I dont like my 2 van mounts I will never be without them especially for large commercial jobs or large houses. And even as backup.

billygoat

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 04:40:03 pm »
is the water flow as good as a van mount?if not does it make any difference

Clear Vision

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 06:56:21 pm »
Its a 40 psi pump that the backpack has compared to a average 100psi pump in a van. But remember that the van mount usually has to force the water through 100m of microbore where as the backpack only has to pump through 1m and then 18ft up a pole.

There are 4 speed settings on the backpack. 1,2,3 &4

And to be really honest with you setting 1 is too fast and that's supposed to be the slowest setting.

Setting 4 is very powerfull and I wouldn't advise you to use that as your tank will run dry very quickly.

So taking into account that the van mount has to pump through 100m and the back pack has only to pump 1m, I would say power wise they are much and such.

Matthew

dai

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 07:54:46 pm »
I use mine for any stand alone job. I have it mounted on a very lightweight shopping trolley frame. I also use 10 metres of flexible hose with it. Dai

LWC

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 08:19:20 pm »
and why did you buy a backpack matthew...  :P

i wouldnt be without mine now either, i bought mine a few days before you, but i worked toda from 11 - 6 and has been one of my best ever days, and i wasnt charging round, it was just easy...well i was charging round actually cause of the speed of it lol!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 09:24:35 pm »
It puts a spell on you, once its on you go fast and dont want to take it off. I only carry 10L but use fine water control to make it last.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 09:35:48 pm »
How long does the container last you in terms of time,i know how long it takes me to clean some of my houses so this would give me an indication if i would need to re-fil to finish a house,and also can you buy the back pack containers on there own if so how much are they.Cheers.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »
I can usually do the tops of 3 houses on 10L, dont think they are sold seperately but Omni might have spares ?

Clear Vision

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 10:10:06 pm »
How long does the container last you in terms of time,i know how long it takes me to clean some of my houses so this would give me an indication if i would need to re-fil to finish a house,and also can you buy the back pack containers on there own if so how much are they.Cheers.

Thats a hard one to answer.

I have only ran out of water on 1 house and I have probably done near 70 houses this week.

On tuesday I did 3x 3 bed semis on 1 tank and still had 3 litres left.

I also did 2 large 3 bed detatched bungalows on 1 tank.

If you can keep on top of the cleans every time you go back they should be reasonably clean and you shouldn't use much water.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 10:14:50 pm »
What setting did you use it on to do that amount on 1 tank,and does it honestly produce enough water on the window,others that i`ve spoken to say there not impressed but i do want one.Also how long does the battery last you each charge,i think i`ll buy a spare battery.

KarlJones

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 10:15:07 pm »
amazingly I got one of these the other day as I am way too careful with ladders and squeegie my hourly rate with them is rather poor.  So for me this back was either the make or break of my business.

Well it surprised me.  Very easy to use, mine has a yellow tap rather than a trigger though but thats OK by me. 

One question.
How do I know how long to charge the battery for?  Its just like a mobile phone charger and I have not got a clue how long its supposed to be charged.  It has a 1A output so I stuck it on for 7 hrs and the battery was just starting to feel warm.
My guess is I am going to have to check the thing every hour to see, or buy some special charger (now theres an idea).

Now for an answer.
Someone wanted to know how long it lasted.  I have mine by my side so I will be back in an hour or so with some stats ;)

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Clear Vision

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 10:18:48 pm »
Karl,

I just stick it on charge before I go to bed and by the morning it's fully charged. You wont go far wrong by doing that.

I also charge it every 2 days