This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Re: Gaz Hh20,anybody heard from him???
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 10:46:03 pm »
Hi jeff1

They are the last type that Gaz was supplying.  They swivel in one direction which allows the brush head to swivel, simply by rotating the pole shaft.  I've just put them onto the website under the Gooseneck section.

Ok Thanks Alex, I'll have a look at your web, I think its the same as the last 2  I bought from Gaz, and I can't seem to get on with them like the old one.

jouk45

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 11:03:31 pm »
well i have to say at first i was a skeptic, everyone was shouting about how good they where,
so i order one from gaz, ok it took several weeks, but i was in no hurry as i used my brushes i had already,
i ordered the older style he first sold and his  new edition, his first swivel is brilliant, and i could not do without it now, and you can see the work he has put into making them, only thing i worry now is when the brush wears down, gaz said hes not making them anymore, so might try and swap the swivel addaptor over to another brush head, i dont like the new swivel though, its not got the same control,

macmac

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:53 pm »
well i have to say at first i was a skeptic, everyone was shouting about how good they where,
so i order one from gaz, ok it took several weeks, but i was in no hurry as i used my brushes i had already,
i ordered the older style he first sold and his  new edition, his first swivel is brilliant, and i could not do without it now, and you can see the work he has put into making them, only thing i worry now is when the brush wears down, gaz said hes not making them anymore, so might try and swap the swivel addaptor over to another brush head, i dont like the new swivel though, its not got the same control,

jouk
I didn't like the brush so i unscrewed the swivel, cut the neck off my rect' vikan, drilled 2 holes in it & screwed it on to that. works great.

tony

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:02 pm »
macmac, i was told not to use the vikan as it was to heavy for the swivel, and if you happen to put to much pressure on the glass they tend to break, is it ok with you, is it the older vikan or the new rectancular one your using, they say its a much lighter brush

macmac

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 11:54:11 pm »
macmac, i was told not to use the vikan as it was to heavy for the swivel, and if you happen to put to much pressure on the glass they tend to break, is it ok with you, is it the older vikan or the new rectancular one your using, they say its a much lighter brush

Its the new rectangular one (flocked), (although i've just ordered the new rectangular monofilament vikan too).
It's been on 2 months now & to be honest it gets some realy heavy use, its used on every job tops & bottoms. its on my facelift carbon. The swivel shows no signs of breaking at all.

tony

Davew

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 08:53:25 am »
My swivel will pop out sometimes with force but I wouldn't be without it for maintenance cleans. It's so good for odd angles at keeping the head flush to the glass. There must be someone or some other outlet that supplies them. I know Alex has a few but I would like to source my own.

john tomkins

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 11:04:44 am »

Its the new rectangular one (flocked), (although i've just ordered the new rectangular monofilament vikan too).
It's been on 2 months now & to be honest it gets some realy heavy use, its used on every job tops & bottoms. its on my facelift carbon. The swivel shows no signs of breaking at all.

tony

How are you finding weight wise the rectangular vikan on your facelift, I've got an fishing pole set up and now use a lightweight salmon whereas the oval vikan seemed to weight a ton by comparison.

macmac

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 11:21:35 am »

tony

How are you finding weight wise the rectangular vikan on your facelift, I've got an fishing pole set up and now use a lightweight salmon whereas the oval vikan seemed to weight a ton by comparison.

The oval vikans are not a patch on the newer rectangular ones, yes it's heavier than a salmon brush but works perfect on my facelift. Not sure how it would be on a fishing pole though.
Ive just ordered the new rectangular vikan with monofilament brisstles so this should weigh even less espesially in use as the brisstles will retain less water.
To be honest a few grams in weight or the price of a brush to me is not important but more so the quality of the brush in use. So far, for my method of wfp the rectangular vikan is the best every day domestic brush i have tried.

tony

gary evans

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
I think some people have said to much against gaz who was & is just trying to improve his own equipment & help other people. Yes you can buy them somewhere else, but he is the one making the effort, i know the person who adepted them originally & showed gaz, but at the end of the day he was only looking to improve on the vikan brush that most people sell with poles.

I use Tucker, but had one of gaz,s for general work with swivel & it does what it says on the tin, he adepted it for balconies, i have balconies he sold me a brush, i,m happy  & he made a couple of quid. people boast on here of massive earnings so £20 is less than a hours work. Whays the problem.

I have purchased a ergo 60ft from ionics, we had to adept the gooseneck because the brush moved, there brush,s are easily burnt out but still better than vikan.

I think some have driven  a member away who was always only out to help other w/c,s. It may result in other people not bothering or refusing to share little hints & adeptions that might help others.

I,ve seen some dodgy stuff,but, that person is onlu trying to improve there equipment for there use.

Gary

macmac

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 01:10:46 pm »
gary
It's about being honest, i'm not disrespecting gaz but the brush he sent me a school kid could have made better, he could not have possibly looked at that brush & said - that's the best i can do. it was of terrible quality & yet he happily sent it & took the money (although did offer a refund to his credit) which i refused & put it down to experience. the brush & it's components were a joke.

tony

Davew

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 03:30:07 pm »
I think the majority on here are just genuinely wondering where he has got to lately. I have one of his brushes and a swivel and might want more. It may be he is just on holiday.

gary evans

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 05:47:43 pm »
Ive spoke to him earlier before seeing some of comments . He aked if i had seen, so looked later, i feel he,s left the site.

I,m not sure what he has sent, because some people rave about the swivel.

Only that he felt he could not continue on this site now.

Gary

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 06:43:47 pm »
Wounded pride is one thing. A decent bloke driven off the site. You are a good friend to stick up for him.

Any chance you will repay me my £38 that he had off me several months ago for two brushes that are always just about to be sent out?

Well, Gary?

Bazzy1999

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 07:58:02 pm »

Are these the swivels your all after... ;D sorry for the bad pic..

Davew

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 08:02:19 pm »
They look like the ones Bazz, where do you get them from?

jeff1

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 08:07:08 pm »
They look like the ones Bazz, where do you get them from?
Alex Gardiner has just added them to his web under gooseneck

Bazzy1999

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2007, 08:14:25 pm »
Until i know 100% Gaz is not going to do the swivel and the brush anymore i cant say where i can get them but once i know he isnt ill be glad to carry it on but like Jeff says you can get them from Gardiners..

Bazz...

jeff1

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2007, 08:27:08 pm »
I have one of Gaz's swivel brushes, I had no problems with deliverys from Gaz infact it was next day.

Its a bl**dy shame if gaz has been driven away, I've seen it done to other members aswell, Gaz is a decent bloke and is always polite to talk to.

I used my swivel brush every day and ended up having a little problem with one of the Jets, because it caught on some tree branches, but instead of throwing my dummy out of my pram, I bought some brass jetts and fitted them, No problems since and it looks good,  I want to buy another couple, so who ever is going to sell them let me know.

Davew

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 09:04:52 pm »
Me too. Was there a particularly vicious thread I missed then? I kmow one member wasn't happy with one brush a little while back but I thought most others were fine. You can't please everyone. I had no problems concidering he's hardly a major supplier.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 09:17:39 pm »
If he couldn't supply the brushes, he shouldn't have cashed my cheque,and now if from what your saying"he's been driven off the site" and has no intention of doing so, it's called theft.

Good bloke or not.