This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Re: First ever £200+ day
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2007, 09:10:45 pm »
.......... and he's only on 5k a month.

matt

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2007, 10:16:02 pm »
.......... and he's only on 5k a month.

about right i guess

200 quid a day, 5 days a week 1 K , 5 weeks ( sometimes )  in a month 5 K

How come its taken you all these years to do a £200 + day, I not being funny but you should off been doing that years ago...

he does say £200 + day

i guess with 5 K thats £201 a day  :P :P

Highrise

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2007, 11:23:28 pm »
only on a 4 working weeks a mth rota 12 cleans a year per customer plus 4 weeks holiday paid... :-*
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

Highrise

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2007, 11:27:37 pm »
4 working weeks per mth :) = 48 working weeks per year 8), 4 weeks holiday  ;D ;D ;Dso 48 + 4 = 52 weeks ayear, you should try it it works, come on guys we all work really hard  ;)
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

Ian_Giles

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2007, 06:33:15 am »
Few window cleaners will ever average £200 per working day, most will be pleased to top £100 per day.
you want to know what your earnings really average out to, check out your tax return...that's the bottom line.
Doesn't matter if you only work one day a week, that's the bottom line.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pro_Clean

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2007, 05:34:37 pm »
Don,t mean to offend, but you must be seriously UNDERPRICING for that kind of return.

Push up your prices you,ll be suprised how little (if any) business you lose and you'll make the same monetary return for a lot less work.

work smarter not harder !!

Regards

Agree 100%. £200 should take approx 6hrs on average. I live in Suffolk, so don`t start all that, it`s the North/South crap.

steve k

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2007, 07:27:57 am »
afraid I have to agree...too much work for £200... :o

Speaking for myself...I hope I am not working like a dog when I am 64 years of age.

We all need to plan our income so that we can attempt to retire around the age of 50-55.

Ian...I think you are way off there...£100 a day is not much these days...a few hours, maybe 4...done in the morning gets most people this on windows.
If it doesn`t, why are they doing such a mind numbing job???

xxmattyxx

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2007, 09:09:15 pm »
Rubbish.

The interest on a million would being in £60,000 per annum with no loss of any equity. Thats already three times your proposed level of income.

You could live on the interest ALONE generated by £350,000 and not have any depreciation in the initial amount invested

gordonswindows

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2007, 09:10:47 pm »
One can only imagine the sort of converations you people have at the bar at the wc conventions, all bragging about how much dough you do in a day, your early retirements etc. Then going outside to drive home in your clapped out vans to a missus who would love a new stair carpet.

This must be voted for as post of the month.It is so well thought out and paints such a clear vivid picture.

Fantastic well done, i loved it
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

NWH

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2007, 09:52:42 pm »
Sorry Dai i didn`t mean to deflate you in some of my comments,i thought you meant you had earned £200 and then went home for some breakfast LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

nat

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2007, 10:04:44 pm »
One can only imagine the sort of converations you people have at the bar at the wc conventions, all bragging about how much dough you do in a day, your early retirements etc. Then going outside to drive home in your clapped out vans to a missus who would love a new stair carpet.

This must be voted for as post of the month.It is so well thought out and paints such a clear vivid picture.

I'm sure there are allsorts of guys with allsorts of incomes/intentions and ambitions on this forum, I personally have mine but would keep it close to my chest so not to be considered as Bragging.

With your put downs and negative attitude your merley sound like what i like to call a "dreamer", you need to put down people in order to make yourself feel a little better.

All  know is that window cleaning is the best thing to happen to me and the beauty of it is you can be earning 100 quid a day or earning 1g a day with 4 staff, its all there for the taking its just all relevant to what you want it to be.

your put down is useless and sounds like the words of talker and not an achiever so if you want to be proavtive stop putting our trade down and get off your arse to achieve success and start to earn what is potentially there for the taking. >:(

NWH

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2007, 10:35:12 pm »
Gordons i don`t drive an old crappy van and i am able to buy my wife what she wants when she wants,providing she gives me the money first LOL.

steve k

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2007, 06:18:06 am »
Gordons...you come across as an arrogant and bitter fool.

If you have put together a low paying round, that is your business but do not insult those who have managed to put together a higher paying round.

High income...low overheads= good business

RainwaterEco...

I was in the army for 5 years and had I stayed in, I would have "retired" after 22 years aged 40.
I then spent 9 years in the Fire Service where the retirement age is 55.

When I am 55, there are many other things I will "love" to be doing than cleaning windows.

Ask yourself what happens to your income if you cannot work due to bad weather, injury, illness...you get a big fat zero.

While the sun is shining...make hay...but pay yourself first.
Invest a proportion of your daily takings in your future, deposit in a high interest account or for a little more risk in an index tracking mutual fund and you will have funds set aside for the future.

Today is just a premonition of the future...if I could choose between:

**a day walking the dog, going the gym and a relaxing afternoon reading a good book/cooking a nice meal

**going out cleaning windows

I certainly would not choose the monotony and drudgery of wiping dirt off glass... :(

The only reason I do it is the high level of income possible...
If my income is eventually "passive" from my investments, then wild horses would not make me clean windows for a living.
I have built up a high paying round where I can basically work part time if I wish or stay out when I feel like it and earn good money but the time I spend away from work with my family is much more rewarding and productive.

gordonswindows

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2007, 04:26:54 pm »
well well guys
Here we go again pot and kettle eh.

A dreamer yes i have large dreams like the one i had seven years ago when i started with a second hand ladder and a bucket full of water and walked yes walked to clean windows.

Had no customers none at all. Knocked doors got three first week, then got six next week following week got a call from nearby village four miles away walked there and back made £3.50 six months later still walking had 64 houses in that village.

Three months later

Walked to my neighbours took him to work in his car dropped him off used his car to do my round. Went back for him at 5pm took him home and i walked home.For this i paid him £30.00 a week for the use of his car.

Worked begged borrowed and sold some of my stuff to buy wee van.

Want me to go on ? or do you want to read about our award as small business of the year from our local chamber

Six vans, 30 staff, fancy office oh yeah i have dreams alright.

Arrogant oh yes because i bloody well had to be and now i have earned the right to be.

Sitting on my arse either moaning about others or typing away bragging about their best day while others struggle to make a few bob mmm met you all before.

And try sticking at something once in a while, army nah, fireman nah,  oh easy money on window cleaning that will do me. Earn the right to come on here and post, in fact come back on in a year or two when youve jumped on the next bandwagon and tell us about when you were a big shot window cleaner.

Falls from roofs, frostbite, sunstroke, threats from jealous "window cleaners" taking a chance and investing in good equipment with the last of our money been there etc etc

Damn right i have earned the right to be arrogant and to dream.
Ask the many other newbies i have GIVEN work too or lent ladders to or even finished a job for ,ask them how arrogant i am
regards
GordonsWindows
(not gordons thats another poster)
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

gordonswindows

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2007, 04:30:26 pm »
ooops sorry forgot to "brag" about money.

While you were all out working today i made over £****.00 sitting at my desk.

Yes arrogant old dreamer that i am with my low paying round

Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

supernova77

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2007, 05:08:09 pm »
A dreamer yes i have large dreams like the one i had seven years ago when i started with a second hand ladder and a bucket full of water and walked yes walked to clean windows.

Had no customers none at all. Knocked doors got three first week, then got six next week following week got a call from nearby village four miles away walked there and back made £3.50 six months later still walking had 64 houses in that village.

Three months later

Walked to my neighbours took him to work in his car dropped him off used his car to do my round. Went back for him at 5pm took him home and i walked home.For this i paid him £30.00 a week for the use of his car.

Worked begged borrowed and sold some of my stuff to buy wee van.

Oh! How my heart bleeds!  :D

steve k

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2007, 05:31:26 pm »

what are you babbling on about you clown...?
You are the one who typed the above drivel...

Just because you were such an inept business start up and took a completely unnecessary and unintelligent route to build your round, does not give you the right to spout off to those who are achieving what you claim, in a fraction of the time.

How you even THINK you have a right to question my work ethic is laughable...5 years in The Parachute Regiment after joining at 16 years 10 months (June, 1984)of age at least gave me the ability to realise that there are opportunities around every corner to improve your quality of life and personal development. I left December, 1988.

Realising that any significant length of time in the army would be counter productive to any notion I had of realising a stable and secure family environment with my soon to be wife, I decided to put my employable qualities to better use back home and undertook a stringent application/selection procedure to be accepted as a firefighter in Merseyside Fire Brigade in August, 1989. I was awarded top recruit of my course and undertook written/practical Fire Service National Examinations to become qualified as a Leading Firefighter within 12 months of passing my recruit course.

After 9 years service and again realising that any career development looked unlikely due to a scarcity of promotional vacancies and a wage packet that did not last a month...ever...I decided that I could do better elsewhere.

The following years seen me progress from a Residential Social Worker supervising young offenders in the community to a well paid position with a national company as a Senior recruitment consultant and a qualified Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (MREC)

My daughter had qualified, due to her academic abilities, in 2000 to a financially assisted place at a private girls school in Liverpool (Belvedere) but when I was promoted to Senior Consultant in 2004, my salary increase meant that my daughters place would now have to be totally funded by myself at a cost of £570.00 per month!!

After several months research, I deduced that the only way that my daughter could carry on her studies would be for me to become self employed and my chosen route ended up as window cleaning which I have done for the last 3 years...my daughter has just finished her 1st year of sixth form.

I realised straight away that the money was to be found in the affluent areas on properties where the owners could never clean the windows themselves and who had a different value of money to the majority of us...that is, they would not faint when I suggested a monthly charge of £20 plus.

After 6-12 months of canvassing this type of property owner, I had developed a very good income and invested in my first van and WFP system which allowed me to increase my income even further by now canvassing other high income properties that I was unable to do previously due to height issues.

The last 2 years have gone swimmingly and I have now introduced an even more lucrative addition to my work load...driveway cleaning.

I have no plans whatsoever to be cleaning windows past the age of 45 (I am 40 in August)...My philosophy on my working life is to not stick around a second longer than the point where the work is not achieving what I want it to.
Work is just a means of securing money to pay for the good things in life...there are no medals for sticking around in a job that makes you miserable or poor.

Life should be an adventure...every corner you turn has different opportunities...most people allow these opportunities to pass them by...I choose to look at them and if they offer something better, I get a ticket and go along for the ride.

You can employ 100 people but if it makes you ill and your own actual net income is not much different than the sole trader earning a couple of hundred a day, then what is the point? ...a MBE or something as useless?

No, get real...and please get a life...it`s much better than cleaning dirt off glass

drakestar!

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2007, 05:48:43 pm »
is this the biggest post ive ever seen on here! where all in it for the money! all the best ;)

nat

« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2007, 05:53:48 pm »
I was just about to say before drakestar commented that no-one needs to justify themselves to the above idiot. if they feel they have to boast about it, it normally means it ain't true i think my original thought is still ringing true - Dreamer!

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2007, 06:10:48 pm »
Many of the people on this forum are over fifty, some are over sixty. What right have you Steve to adjudge them a success or failure.
Many if not the vast majority earn less then £200 per day. Again what makes you the arbiter of the achievements of others.

Dia obviously felt that hitting this was a personal achievement.And I emphaisised with him and admired his integrity. I have never earned that.

Some posts are ludicrous bragging, while others are inspirational. Gordonswindows story is inspirational.

I feel that your above post honest and sincere and not bragging apart from needlessly attacking Gordon