Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glen

Re: POOR QUALITY WORK - WATER FED POLES
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 02:05:10 pm »
Craig,

Further to my earlier post, do you normally run the course in Ireland? If so do you have any provisional dates?

Glen.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 02:25:33 pm »
If you go the Ionic website, there is a pop-up window with all of the forthcoming dates.

http://www.ionicsystems.com

do you normally run the course in Ireland?

The BWCA has made a recent return this summer, and other than a session of 4 one-day courses (3 of which I attended) that's all there's been for some years.  As I understand it, the rocket in popularity of WFP systems, as well as a raft of new legislation, has led to an urgent need for training, and hence the re-birth of the BWCA.

They may well be planning to roll out the courses to other cities, but I would guess that may be some time in the future.  I would strongly recommend attending, even if you have to travel.

Training for our industry has been a long time coming, don't let the opportunity pass you by.

I notice the Scotland Course is on today, I wonder if Wavie Davie would give us some feedback?

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 06:36:58 pm »
We use water fed on large residential and all commercial.After contacting local h&s exec you cant use ladders on commecial cleaning anyway and the old fashioned way is great.......on two bed semis...try it on a house that is three floors 170 lead lights........wfp 2.5 hours.......by hand 2 days.wfp would win every time.

poleman

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 11:18:27 pm »
If you go the Ionic website, there is a pop-up window with all of the forthcoming dates.
http://www.ionicsystems.com

Hi Philip

Just had a look and can not find the above, did you see it your self? If so can you point me to the right place ;)

Andy

WavieDavie

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2004, 12:54:27 am »
I notice the Scotland Course is on today, I wonder if Wavie Davie would give us some feedback?

Hi Phil,
As you'll already know, Craig and Reuben are excellent organisers and communicators, we were bombarded with information and I'm sure some of it must have stuck! Your pal Steve Kennedy was there, (arrived late, held us all up - cheap shot, sorry Steve  ;) ) two guys from Inverness, and the rest of us were from Edinburgh. One person didn't turn up, if you read this board you should be kicking yourself mate.

The whole day was supposed to take in Window Cleaning Skills, Waterfed Pole Use and Health & Safety Basics, but after having a wee discussion amongst ourselves the window cleaning skills section was dropped and we concentrated on WFP. Just as well something was missed out, 'cos we finally finished off about three quarters of an hour later than the schedule.

Some of it was technical, background, stuff - a bit dry, but very handy to know just to satisfy myself, and also in case a customer has done some investigating and fires off a tricky question or two. In addition, I now know a few awkward questions to ask suppliers - thanks Craig.

The morning vanished, suddenly it was time for lunch, and, well planned again, it was a light lunch which bypassed that after meal snoozy period and we were back in about it with Reuben, while Craig went out to set up the hands-on demonstration with the poles. After that, we were given a glimpse of the HSL WFP safety guidelines which will be coming out later this year - well, maybe early next year!

Well, I've said a lot, but been purposefully vague. Anyone who's been on one of these courses will know their value, and if anyone else is deliberating on whether they should go or not, Just Do It! Trust me - they don't try to sell you anything, and you'll learn a lot.
So, a big thankyou from me to both Craig and Reuben for an excellent day.

Oh, and I got a sweetie for getting a question right - YeeHaa!

Andy
Just had a look and can not find the above, did you see it your self? If so can you point me to the right place  
www.ionicsystems.co.uk is a dead site. I've just checked the .com and it's definitely there. Perhaps you have a pop-up stopper?

You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Philip Hanson

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 01:04:25 am »
Well, as I recommended it Davie, I'm glad you thought it was good!

I haven't heard from Steve for a while, is he going to Windex?

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

WavieDavie

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 02:52:17 am »
He wasn't originally, but is thinking about it now. Tight old Aiberdonian that he is, he might be taking the overnight sleeper down there.

I've been there, done that, never again. How they can call these things "sleepers" is beyond me - and the trades description act!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

MJCleaning

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2004, 06:42:12 pm »
Just to add my comments for what its worth .

I switched 4 months ago over to WFP . This is on 75% domestic 25% commercial.
The  result I am now at 25%INCREASE per hour. I have only lost 3 customers, all alumium frames, I have found if there is to be a problem, it is these.
Dont forget the extra work you will now get as a result of WFP.
Having passed through the sceptism I had at first, and all the teething problems, in my opinion it is  excellent. My system is a van based system from water fed pole systems, and I have no problems and the back up support has been great.