This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Walker

CALL FREQUENCY
« on: September 12, 2004, 07:21:57 pm »
Apologies if this has already been done to death on the forum before but I couldn't find it on the forum search facility.

What call frequency is your norm for domestics and is the frequency seasonal?

Also, do you charge extra, if the windows haven't been cleaned for a long time and are particularly grubby?

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

pjulk

Re: CALL FREQUENCY
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 08:56:25 pm »
Domestics i clean every 4 weeks and only charge extra on the first clean if it's really bad.

But if they call me and i get there and they say they only want it clean the once of maybe every couple of months (which i don't do) i will wack another 50% on

But everyone does it there own way.
Stick to every 4 weeks you won't go wrong

Paul

poleman

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 09:18:42 pm »
YES would Total agree with Paul.

Andy

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 12:25:44 am »
We tell prospective customers that, even although we expect their windows to be quite dirty, we don't charge extra for the first clean as we expect to have them as customers for years and years and so don't mind absorbing the cost.

Call it a subliminal message, fancy PR, or what you will, it gets the idea across that they're going to have us for quite some time, and that we're not fly-by-nights.

That'll be a Fiver, thanks!

Ooops, four-weekly call-back, like the rest.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 12:39:42 am »
That'll be a Fiver, thanks!

That's cheap for a guy from north of the border - forum discount perhaps?  ;D
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

replacement

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 11:04:32 am »
Monthly for me....I do have some 6 weekly and 2 every other months. Made  that mistake at the start but there good priced houses so i am going to keep them for a little while.

WavieDavie

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 06:51:53 pm »
That's cheap for a guy from north of the border - forum discount perhaps?

That was just for the time taken giving the advice, John. I thought that was quite reasonable!

Discounts are given for bulk, though.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 11:26:41 am »
I vary my frequency to the customers requirements, generally 4 weekly, some 8 weekly, some 12 weekly.
I have one account that is only ANNUAL :o
But I don't mind, I can live with £120 for a mornings work ;D
Again, generally I stick to 4 weekly, if customers want it more often than 4 weekly it depends on their location and whether I have to go out of my way to clean them.
The same with any cleans from 4 weekly up to 8 weekly. Any multiple of 4 weeks is fine by me.
I try not to get caught out with one off's and I charge extra if a customer justs wants a one off clean.
A true initial clean is differrent, if there is putty, paint and other crud that means you are having to knife off every pane of glass, or spend double the amount of time cleaning them, then the customer is told they will have to pay accordingly.
Actually I have few domestic accounts now............err, well I did only have a few, since going over to WFP a few months ago that is changing quite rapidly 8)
Most off my work is commercial now, but the above has always applied to domestic accounts for me.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Duke

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 01:25:53 pm »
For us it's mostly calendar monthly,some are 2 monthly and a handfull are quarterly. There were a few nuisance ones that wanted weekly or 6 weekly, but it was a pain for the computer printout system we use, so we dropped them. Monthly is the norm for domestic work.

wrighty

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2004, 02:11:13 pm »
I clean my customers windows every two weeks and the odd one is monthly.  I dont do one off cleans as it is a pain.

Craig