This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davo

Re: conservatory cleans
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 10:08:58 pm »

Company local to me has just gone national, and they charge three to four hundred pounds :o so I would say hundred pounds is cheap

Andy

:o :o :o :o
unbeliverble how do they get away with it ???

Yeah, earning profit like that, have trading standards been informed...there should be a law against it!!!!!

Mark

Dale Smith

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 06:31:03 pm »
Wow...... I simply cannot believe the prices..... what am I doing to myself....
If this is what peeps can get I am seriously undercharging....
Saying that though, with TFR and WFP they don't exactly take long do they?
They must use all sorts of cleaning agents & stuff...... dont' they... do they?  ???
Swindon, Wiltshire.

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 07:17:52 pm »
Makes me laugh - i've had one complain because i charged £20! Took me ages, then she tells me she pays£30 just to have her hair set!

Mr. S

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 01:57:59 pm »
Day off today ;D

On FARGIL website they say treating PVCu to polish, what do you think they use? Or does anybody know? is is as good as wfp and a good scrub?

Cheers Craig

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 02:12:39 pm »
Old WFP brushes never get thrown away no matter how tatty they get. They just get used for conservatory roofs.
I have never used tfr but a good strong mix of washing up liquid works just fine. If you are starting out you may want to save yourself a few bob.

Davo

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 08:19:24 pm »

Company local to me has just gone national, and they charge three to four hundred pounds :o so I would say hundred pounds is cheap

Andy

:o :o :o :o
unbeliverble how do they get away with it ???

Yeah, earning profit like that, have trading standards been informed...there should be a law against it!!!!!

Mark

Law against profit!   :o

Yeah to listen to some of the posters on here you'd think so!!!

One poster charges £20 a clean, another will charge £80 and be made to feel like a dreamer by others who cannot envisage anyone obtaining that price.

BTW the statement was made very much tongue in cheek, if they want to charge £400-£500 a job good for them, it definately gives others a chance to earn good money while at the same time discounting.

Mark

Helen

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 09:20:28 pm »
BTW the statement was made very much tongue in cheek, if they want to charge £400-£500 a job good for them, it definately gives others a chance to earn good money while at the same time discounting.
Mark
A man after me own heart ;D if the profit is there, go for it....... just imagine being in a quote off against these people ;D ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 08:10:45 pm »
Bet they get a lot of knock backs. What they offer is more than just a scrub of the roof with a brush.
They offer, and market, is a total refurb package, inside and out upvc and everything.

Still a good business idea though.

tonylee

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 08:16:02 pm »
Makes me laugh - i've had one complain because i charged £20! Took me ages, then she tells me she pays£30 just to have her hair set!
hair set , yes. but i bet the roof looks better!

jonah

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 08:43:06 pm »
British people are unique ! They want to feel the sun and expand their castle . . . . . ie plastic extension with windows !        If they love it and have paid £1000,s on it surely they want to maintain it ?    Just a small tip if you are the w/c and somone asks you to quote , tell them you know somone who does conservatory maintainence and get your mate to do it !   And you can do the same for your mate !

Jago

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 08:53:15 pm »
I have charge £15 just for a quick spruce with wfp on about 8 panels and it took me 15 mins but i have also charged £40 for one that took just over an hour both small but both now clean. they want them done every 3 -4 months so all good for me.
but and i mean BUT if it was bigger and filthy i would charge up to £250 for some of the pain in the ass ones that i have seen. I think with WFP and TFR still could be done under 3 -4 hrs
J
To Do Is To Dare

Davo

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 09:34:12 pm »
What do you think to these prices matt, squeeky and mac mac, you normallly have so much to say.

Could you see this as an add on to your window cleaning business, or are you too busy?

Mark

jonah

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 09:45:24 pm »
What do you think to these prices matt, squeeky and mac mac, you normallly have so much to say.

Could you see this as an add on to your window cleaning business, or are you too busy?

Mark
Best not to get personal I find !

Jago

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 09:51:15 pm »
I think it can be a good addon as you can deff do in the rain as it is easier in the rain I think
To Do Is To Dare

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 09:57:51 pm »
i thought most window cleaners did con roofs and fascias etc ??? as for prices i try to price these jobs higher than my rate for window cleaning.....not always high enough :( but that will be changing from now on ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:55 pm »

Mark
it is always hard to judge from text ,but that comes across as a tad provocative

Davo

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 10:21:35 pm »
No not at all, just looking for some balance to the thread, they may provide an insight as to why experienced cleaners dont bother with this type of cleaning, or why they price at the levels they do.

They all seem to have strong views on "real world" pricing in relation to the window cleaning trade, their thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Mark

Davo

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 07:45:35 pm »
So I take it no one of the "real world" of pricing has an opinion on PVCu cleaning prices.

Oh and if you were in a position where customers didnt want to pay you much for cleaning windows, or they cancelled you because they didnt like the pole, would you consider offering this service ?

Mark

macmac

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 07:50:25 pm »
So I take it no one of the "real world" of pricing has an opinion on PVCu cleaning prices.

Oh and if you were in a position where customers didnt want to pay you much for cleaning windows, or they cancelled you because they didnt like the pole, would you consider offering this service ?

Mark

Davo, i will suggest that YOU go out next week & price some con' cleans up @ 500 quid a throw, come back & report your findings & we'll take it from there :-*

Tony

Davo

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »
Mac mac, theres not much middle ground with you is there? I havent said Id charge £500.

The question is, do you think at the prices some companys charge that a window cleaner offering a very similar service would be "dreaming" if he were to charge between £100-£250 to clean a similar conservatory?

BTW I could sell em at £500 if thats what I wanted to do, but I dont think thats a volume price point.

Mark