This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: £60 a day, need help!
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 05:36:13 pm »
I can't believe how quick WFPing is, had an great day. (Not saying how much as some seem to get upset)

we only get upset when you call us names

Could you quote any references please, I think you are mixing me up with someone else.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 05:37:44 pm »
I can't believe how quick WFPing is, had an great day. (Not saying how much as some seem to get upset)

187 by any chance?

No

No what then?

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 05:48:43 pm »
Look I just had a good day, stop bullying.

NWH

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 05:50:42 pm »
The first of many mate.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 05:52:52 pm »

we only get upset when you call us names

Could you quote any references please, I think you are mixing me up with someone else.

You modified your post.  I replied to this thread and my post was deleted even though I didn't get involved in the name calling.
My post said - "and that is just the beginning" after you stated your turnover for the day.  I won't quote any numbers though as you seem to have gone shy about it.  :)

However, the guy you bought from was quite correct that £200 is possible in a day.  To do that day in day out you need to build the work up though.  I've exceeded £200 a number of times but I'm not saying how often and by how much.

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 05:56:22 pm »
I'm going!

Good Luck

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 05:57:33 pm »
200 should be your daily target, with wfp that shouldn't really be an issue, i earned that today with a few hickups, all depends what you want from work really, my mentality is when im there i work, not faff around, just want to earn as much in as little time

Paul Coleman

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 06:08:37 pm »
200 should be your daily target, with wfp that shouldn't really be an issue, i earned that today with a few hickups, all depends what you want from work really, my mentality is when im there i work, not faff around, just want to earn as much in as little time

Yes I agree.  I could do £200+ every day if I went out canvassing more, dropped the poorer paying work and generally worked at it harder.  I am finding it a bit different at 50 to when I was 19 Alex.  The muscles aren't as elastic as they were 30 years ago.  Even so, my goal is to be doing that every day that I choose to work by next Spring.  I do like a bit of time off as well  though and WFP has given me better income and more time off too.  I haven't done a great deal over the past ten days but I am now approaching a busier 4 week spell for me (I do a 6 weekly cycle).  Really, I do need to fill in some more gaps in my work.  The trouble is though that as I get better work in, I drop the poorer work before filling those gaps.  The result is earning a bit more with a bit more time off.  I have about 40 less customers than a year ago but earn more money from them.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2007, 07:02:44 pm »
yeah i know what you mean, it takes alot of work to fill that gap, but i think its also about pricing it right

mike charges £20 for the same style house i live in down the road. i would only charge £12 if i was doing it myself. maybe £15 for an absolutely cheeky quote.

so it does come down to pricing alot of the time

Paul Coleman

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 07:26:55 pm »
yeah i know what you mean, it takes alot of work to fill that gap, but i think its also about pricing it right

mike charges £20 for the same style house i live in down the road. i would only charge £12 if i was doing it myself. maybe £15 for an absolutely cheeky quote.

so it does come down to pricing alot of the time

I did have a chat with Mike about pricing a few years ago.  We both happened to be driving into MacDonald's at West Green (guess we've both got bad taste  ;D ) .  It's taken a while but I've gradually come around to his way of thinking.  I used to think of being turned down on price as failure.  These days, I realise that it's just fine.  If I get turned down half the time that's OK because I only want work that pays well now.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 07:31:54 pm »
and i tend to find that he gets all his work, and me too, especially if you have an add and they phone up from that, i only recently started on my own, and went out with the idea, that if it takes me a bit longer to build up my round because i want the prices i want then fair enough, i have only had a few turn me down because i was too expensive

today i picked up two new jobs, one was a house i used to clean for £9 they recommended me  to their friends  and asked for a reduction so i said ok. anyways they moved out, new lady in, charged her £13 for same amount of work, now mike would probably  have said 15-20 but that's him, im happy with that, and if they don't want it done fair enough,

but if you go with the right attitude you come out tops

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:43 pm »
Do you think we gave him the help he needed ?

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 07:51:24 pm »
i think we are continuing to give him help needed, help all about mike and pricing windows and stuff

dont you agree dave?