This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mogs

scratching windows
« on: September 05, 2004, 01:19:00 am »
has anyone ever heard of WFP scratching windows?
ive a new customer tht ive clened windows for twice. my own fault for not checkin the windows b4 hand, was in a rush!! its a fairly new house with still bare cement. i was just wondering if while washing the frames cud loose cement scratch the window while using WFP?
i cant see how as i wasnt using any great preasure on the widows!!

pjulk

Re: scratching windows
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 02:51:16 am »
I don't have a WFP (yet)
But if you catch a loose piece of cement with anything and move across a window it will scratch

mogs

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 10:35:32 pm »
it wudnt ave been a loose bit of cement. more possibly grit!! which is y i cant see it happening as it wud more likely wash away and wi the length of the bristles on the brush it wudnt be in contact with glass..

replacement

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 11:38:25 pm »
I cant see it being you with a wfp. More like the cleaner on the builders clean and shes only just seen it, as you said its a new house.

Justin

Jake

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 12:12:08 am »
mogs

It's probably one of 3 things

1, The builders own labourer cleaning glass, with a chisel or sandpaper from what we've seen in the past!

2, Glass scratched during construction

3, Glass scratched by painters preparing frames

Using a WFP with (copious) amounts of water would not scratch glass. Your customer has probably never been able to see through her windows before!!!

Jake-Westclean
Exeter, Devon

mogs

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 12:37:09 am »
thanks lads. was thinkin the same!!

Mike_G

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 01:25:58 am »
Sneak a look at some of the neighbouring houses chances are they will have scratched glass as well and then tell your customer (assuming the other houses are also scratched ) that it is down to whoever did the builders clean.

Duke

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 08:44:41 pm »
never heard of of a WFP scratching....but have seen a few cases of damage. For example...georgian style windows where the cross members that form the design are stuck on to a single double glazed unit..crap design really......but they can be knocked off easily...done it myself (wont hurt proper georgians though)