Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.

van content caos!
« on: September 04, 2004, 04:44:27 am »
how do y'all stop the contents of the van from flying around all over the place..its a complete mess sometimes, and any ideas would be appreciated..tried boxes, but hey!...still wants to fly.

Re: van content caos!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 11:21:06 am »
I have long box covered with same carpet as on floor in van, it holds all 5 litre containers and does not slide and i made it the width of the space available. Also keep 1 litre bottles in 2 shelf rack from Carpetmaster, fitted to side of van near back doors. 8)
When all gear is in van, i put hose bags on top to hold all bits in place, my porty travels upright on its wheels and still does not move......................... even the way i drive. :o

david_green

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 11:51:58 am »
Can I add to the debate by asking about how you all store carpet machine wands which seem to take up an inordinate amount of space because of their unwieldy shape. The only way I seem to have solved the moving about problem is packing the van so tight that stuff has nowhere to go.

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 12:20:29 pm »
RE Wands-
Inside of van is wood panelled. Used large grey shelf brackets from B & Q, about 90p each x 2. Screwed the short side to the van, BENT UP the end of the long side. This provides an end to stop the wands falling off. You can carry 2 wands. each facing the opposite way. Takes a bit of practice to position the brackets so that wands fit ok, but then they are up at the top corner of the van roof area, out of the way. They dont rattle or move, and are easy to take down. ;D
Chris
ps
Pile brush can be hung from the van ceiling. Use a length of plastic pipe (B&Q), fix the pipe to the van roof with tie straps, elastic straps or similar, slide the handle into the pipe.
Staffordshire

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 12:45:23 pm »
Easy solution :-

Throw gear into van.

Go round 1st lefthand bend at speed.

Go round 1st righthand bend at speed.

Hey Presto everything leveled itself out!!
I get better looking each day!!

scott.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 02:42:14 pm »
john,
Done that! and the noise is just too much...and then you open the back door, and guess what.
I am taking these ideas on-board chaps. thankyou
my mrs wont let me keep anything at all in the house, so the whole lot has to go in the van..might as well sleep there too! :-/

Dennis

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 03:19:52 pm »
My trusty Trannie conked out 8pm last night.  >:(

Todays commercial had to be done 8am and I had the key.

Solution : load Ninja and all bits and bobs into wife's Fiesta. Very professional (not) but job done!

Good job I don't have a truckmount   ;) (Runs away quick)  ;D

scott.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 04:04:39 pm »
sounds like your trannie was a bit of a Turkey ;D dennis.
boootiful......aaaiiiii.....i met a bloke at the prochem training centre, who told me he took all his gear on the bus..beat that!  he was from yorkshire, and i cant get that picture out of my head, of the bloke in the "hovis" add, walking his bike up the hill, with the loaf in the basket...maybe he will progress to that. I guess he could tow the portable, and strap the want to the cross-bar. ;D ;D ;D ;D

scott.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 04:05:32 pm »
i meant "wand".

Dave_Lee

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 08:30:01 pm »
I fixed some Dexion frame in the van. With this you can adjust shelves at any height and swop around if needed. Ive seen some CCs store their wands on brackets hung from the interior roof, and the wand positioned front to back - Ive never liked this set up - big collision from behind - Wallop! No Head!
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 09:23:54 pm »
Wand laid between machine and buckets is part of system of wedging items.  ;D Nothing moves around and my last van had discreet sticker on back saying  "NO FEAR drive it like you stole it".......gives you some idea of my driving style :-X

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 09:38:29 pm »
After nearly having the machine in the front with me a long time ago I now have ratchet ties with hooks on to tie the machine down. 100lb of mc at 30 mph hurts. Racks and shelving for the rest. The ties make it a bit more difficult to get out if the van is 'done'

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Dynafoam

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2004, 10:57:38 pm »
Although I always have a steel bulkhead between me and the kit, all heavy items have their own 'seat belts', The chemicals sit on shelve and the wands travel in luxury - they have their hammock near the roof, in what would otherwise be wasted space.

I'm in the process this weekend swapping from a Transit 120D to a T300 - still can't afford to waste one cubic inch of space.

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 11:19:58 pm »
John

Any chance that you could leave out the rotary need to borrow one.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 03:39:17 am »
Len,

When do you need one? I have a Victor 180rpm with tank, polypropolene brush, drive board, Charley pads, cotton bonnets etc.

Give me a bell and I could meet you at Lakeside or somewhere with it.

John.

Shorty

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2004, 09:05:37 am »
Racks for my chemical behind the seats, four shelves high, partition stopping them from moving forward.

Shelf on one side, behind driver, for two air movers.

Hose reel at the rear door, wand lays against hose in an upright position, with a piece of angle bracket screwed to the floor to stop it falling out the back when the door is opened.

Various other items scattered around, such as foam blocks in container screwed to wall, large hooks that hold extension leads, etc;

Plan your vehicle, then you can see at a glance if anything is missing, along with the added bonus of nothing moving while in transit.

I've never seen a carpet cleaner in drag :o  :o (Trannie, is that short for transvestite)??

Cheers,

Shorty.
Shorty.

The short, round, mound of sound, from up top, down under.

John_Flynn

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2004, 05:28:21 pm »

I've never seen a carpet cleaner in drag :o  :o (Trannie, is that short for transvestite)??

Cheers,

Shorty.

You got that in one Shorty, Just Like CD is short for Cross Dresser!!
I get better looking each day!!

Dennis

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2004, 07:17:23 pm »
Oh no my secrets out, I used to be a CD with a Trannie or is it Tranny! :-* :-*

Neil Gott

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2004, 10:44:12 pm »
Shorty,

What we call a Tranny
is a Ford Transit vanny.
Neil Gott     Southampton U.K.

www.neilgott.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2004, 11:09:17 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOPS........ was just about to order a Transit Connect.......that would be a MINI TRANNY WITH A 6 WAY CD :o